Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2010
1848 posts
277 upvotes
Markham

Septoplasty Surgery and Recovery

I just had this procedure yesterday, and man o man, if I only knew.
Spent the night in the hospital yesterday and for the pain they gave me morphine, which did the trick.
Get home today and the prescription the surgeon left was for Tylenol 3s, with codeine and it's doing squat.Nasal and headaches, upper lip and nose is swollen.
Dressings I have had to change yesterday approx every 4 hours, and today it's the same. Except this discharge today is more watery in texture with blood in appearance which I am assuming is a good thing.
Anybody else have any experience with this procedure? I worry it's going to take weeks. Splints come out in 10 days.
Thnx
3 replies
Oct 15, 2017
36 posts
14 upvotes
PCUSER wrote: I just had this procedure yesterday, and man o man, if I only knew.
Spent the night in the hospital yesterday and for the pain they gave me morphine, which did the trick.
Get home today and the prescription the surgeon left was for Tylenol 3s, with codeine and it's doing squat.Nasal and headaches, upper lip and nose is swollen.
Dressings I have had to change yesterday approx every 4 hours, and today it's the same. Except this discharge today is more watery in texture with blood in appearance which I am assuming is a good thing.
Anybody else have any experience with this procedure? I worry it's going to take weeks. Splints come out in 10 days.
Thnx
Hey - I have this surgery in April. How's the improvement been for you? Anything to add / looking back at this post?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5621 posts
1552 upvotes
Toronto
swiftfire wrote: Hey - I have this surgery in April. How's the improvement been for you? Anything to add / looking back at this post?
whos your surgeon? is ohip covering all of it
Feb 13, 2017
129 posts
27 upvotes
I'm waiting for a call for surgery, doctor told me its approx 20 min, should be easy peasy recovery

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)