Home & Garden

Shady Contractor: Concrete, Shed pad, patio, driveway, landscaping, snow removal

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2022 11:03 am
[OP]
Jun 27, 2010
15 posts
56 upvotes
GTA

Shady Contractor: Concrete, Shed pad, patio, driveway, landscaping, snow removal

This post will be updated as we get more current info on this scam ring:

Please be careful about Ads on Kijiji:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.ht ... 1565885048
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-brick-masonry-c ... /156587828

I put this up so others will not have to go through this.

Look for this, here’s how their story works:

Will do Concrete work (driveway, patio, shed pad)
Snow removal
Landscaping
Mr. Concrete
Moving
Storage
Junk removal
#justbookitnow

Ask for payment installments UP FRONT (NOTE: now the Ads say no deposit required but beware, they will demand a deposit before they can complete the work):
$200-$1000 UP FRONT (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GIVE MONEY UP FRONT)
Pay balance on delivery of further services

THEY WILL TAKE YOUR DEPOSIT, PROMISE YOU THE WORK, SAY THEY WILL COME BACK AS THEY NEED A DAY FOR CONCRETE TO DRY AND THEY WILL NEVER DO THE WORK OR RETURN.
TAKE A DEPOSIT TO DO WORK ON PATIO/DRIVEWAY, GRASS, LANDSCAPING, SNOW REMOVAL AND WILL NEVER COME BACK.
IF YOU TRY TO CALL THEM THEY WILL NOT ANSWER. IF YOU TRY TO TEXT THEM THEY WILL EITHER IGNORE OR WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE COMING BACK AND NEVER WILL.
BE SAFE AND DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.
RESEARCH THE LINKS ON THIS COMPANY/PERSON BELOW AND WARN OTHERS SO THEY ARE NOT FOOLED AND OUT LOTS OF HARD EARNED MONEY.

Names: Steve Munoz (from Colombia), Victor, David Valencia, Dan, Kevin, Estevandavid, Felix, Jowell, etc..

Company:
eEe Inc
SDM
S*M
Project Coordinators
Emerald Landscaping/Snow Removal

Address:
670 Rexdale Blvd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 0B5, Canada
10 Four Season Place, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6H7
STEVE'S HOME ADDRESS (at his father's place) : 43 Windsor Rd. Etobicoke, ON M9R 3G3.

Phone numbers:
647 710 4556
416 824 5981
416-984-0994
437 778 2153
437-335-5756
He uses, [email protected] for any email transfers he takes from people

Vehicles:
Silver: Honda civic, Hyundai Elantra, BMW 3-series
Red: Dodge 4 dr. pick up truck

See important information below:

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/etobicoke/pro ... #444032285

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Emerald-Lan ... e_internal
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9872078546

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/etobicoke/pro ... bb-ratings

aware-bad-contractors-2285449/
aware-bad-contractors-2285449/3/

https://gramho.com/profile/slabzgod/8963638134

Scam ads in Kijiji by Steve:

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.ht ... 1565885048
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-brick-masonry-c ... 1565878282

=========================================================================================================

Aware of Bad Contractors - RedFlagDeals.com Forumsforums.redflagdeals.com › aware-bad-contractors-2285...
May 17, 2019 · 20 posts · ‎11 authors
I want to know where else I can report him so that people can aware of this contractor / company. Concrete Shed & Patios 647-710-4556 text ...

SM Project Coordinators | Better Business Bureau® Profilewww.bbb.org › profile › property-maintenance › sm-pr...
Dan requested me to contact his partner Steve at 647-710-4556. After receiving an invoice from Steve, I paid the amount of $113 through e-transfer for snow ...

Summer Deal $999 shed pads 4 Le$$ #justbookit 647 710 4556www.kijiji.ca › ... › Services › Skilled Trades
Call and book now to save large for your shed pads 8x10 cash flat No HST #asap pls call directly 647 710 4556 Shed Pads Garage slabs Driveway Extension ...

Small / Medium Movers & Junk Removal 647-710-4556 ... - Kijijiwww.kijiji.ca › v-moving-storage › city-of-toronto › s...
Feb. 23, 2021 — ... machinery etc. Call or Text 647 710 4556 •Deliveries •Local distance moving 250 KM radius •Commercial moving •Residential moving •Dump.

@slabzgod Instagram posts, stories and followers - Gramho.comgramho.com › profile › slabzgod
#justbookit 647-710-4556 snow chaser & hardscaper. 51 Posts 122 Followers 232 Following Tagged Posts. Account rate. 2.01%. Shows the popularity of the

Emerald Landscape Snow Removal - About | Facebookwww.facebook.com › ... › About
CONTACT INFO. Call +1 647-710-4556. m.me/1848789872078546. categories. Business Service · PagesBusinessesLocal ServiceBusiness ServiceEmerald ...

#primeconcrete Instagram posts (photos and videos) - Picuki ...www.picuki.com › tag › primeconcrete
647 710 4556 #Residential #Vaughan #Ajax #Mississauga #Brampton #six #GTA #etobicoke Thank you. 3. 0. 6 months ago. Another day in the office.

SM Project Coordinators Reviews, Complaints, Customer ...www.revdex.com › reviews › sm-project-coordinators
Dan requested me to contact his partner Steve at 647-710-4556. After receiving an invoice from Steve, I paid the amount of $113 through e-transfer for snow ...

SDM-Hardscaping-Design in Ontario ON | YellowPages.ca™www.yellowpages.ca › search › Ontario+ON
647-710-4556. Website; Search nearby. Were you looking for: Landscape Contractors & Designers. << Rate these results. Related content. Types of patio ...
Images
  • 20200626_143712_resized.jpg
  • 20200626_143736_resized.jpg
  • ad.PNG
  • ad2.PNG
  • Screenshot_20200629-190829_Messages_resized.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200629-190858_Messages.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200629-190923_Messages.jpg
  • Screenshot_20200701-111338_Gallery_resized.jpg
  • ad3.PNG
  • ad4.PNG
  • ad5.PNG
  • Ad Oct 2020.PNG
  • Ad Oct 2020b.PNG
  • Ad Oct 2020c.PNG
  • Ad Oct 2020d.PNG
  • Steve1.PNG
  • Steve2.PNG
  • 1.JPG
  • 2.JPG
  • 3.JPG
  • 4.JPG
  • 5.JPG
  • 6.JPG
  • 7.JPG
Last edited by Deal2010 on May 11th, 2021 10:28 pm, edited 18 times in total.
53 replies
Apr 8, 2010
802 posts
454 upvotes
toronto
what makes this person/ company shady?
[OP]
Jun 27, 2010
15 posts
56 upvotes
GTA
Call them and see, they'll take your money and disappear.
Look at the links to BBB and others that have been HAD by this crook.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
I knew right away this was a kijiji contractor story. When will people learn. The massive volume of internet business and disappear on kijiji is insanely high. I only use kijiji for an actual item that I'm looking to buy. Excluding electronics.
The business is not even BBB accredited. Did you not do your own research before hiring? Appreciate you trying to help others but this is a scenario where you didn't do your homework. How did you come to conclusion to use/hire this business? Did you not get multiple quotes?

GL OP but you may or may not be out of your cash.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2003
1436 posts
376 upvotes
Ottawa
koffey wrote: I knew right away this was a kijiji contractor story. When will people learn. The massive volume of internet business and disappear on kijiji is insanely high. I only use kijiji for an actual item that I'm looking to buy. Excluding electronics.
The business is not even BBB accredited. Did you not do your own research before hiring? Appreciate you trying to help others but this is a scenario where you didn't do your homework. How did you come to conclusion to use/hire this business? Did you not get multiple quotes?

GL OP but you may or may not be out of your cash.
How do you find contractors then? Just because there’s a flashy website or possibility fake reviews with Homestars doesn’t mean their legit. When I was getting my fence done, used a company well known that had done work on couple of houses on our street, they dragged the work out for 2 month after multiple calls.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2010
15508 posts
10149 upvotes
Toronto
oceans_end wrote: How do you find contractors then? Just because there’s a flashy website or possibility fake reviews with Homestars doesn’t mean their legit. When I was getting my fence done, used a company well known that had done work on couple of houses on our street, they dragged the work out for 2 month after multiple calls.
Not kijiji. Not homestars either. Typically word of mouth from friends/family is going to be a little more legit, else, do you own research. Seriously. Using kijiji is like opening your wallet to the wind. Doesn't help of course when people think that everything should be dirt cheap. I mean, if you've been told or quoted that project xyz is going to run you $12000 and you find someone will to do it for $5000... Are you seriously going to hire them? In some cases, yes. People are blind to think work that trades perform should fit their cheap budget. Why else do you think there are so many kijiji scams? kijiji is a marketplace for the foolish.
DYI difficulty scale:
0-joke
10-no joke
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
8045 posts
9022 upvotes
Montréal
oceans_end wrote: How do you find contractors then? Just because there’s a flashy website or possibility fake reviews with Homestars doesn’t mean their legit. When I was getting my fence done, used a company well known that had done work on couple of houses on our street, they dragged the work out for 2 month after multiple calls.
words of mouth is the best review a contractor can have. And it is the best guarantee you can have. A friend, a co-worker,a neighbour, a family member who is satisfied will be the best reference.Also make sure contractor is licensed. And, pay the god damn taxes. Everyone want to save $$$ but make sure you have an official contract, with an official invoice. Unfortunately, no one is safe for being ripped off by a contractor who closes his doors... even from the best reviewed contractors
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2544 posts
467 upvotes
North York
DoorCrasher wrote: words of mouth is the best review a contractor can have. And it is the best guarantee you can have. A friend, a co-worker,a neighbour, a family member who is satisfied will be the best reference.Also make sure contractor is licensed. And, pay the god damn taxes.
That's no guarantee, we hired a kitchen company based on a recommendation, references checked out too. It did not go well, he was a good cabinet maker, and that's all I can say because nothing else is good. Best we could figure is his financial circumstances changed, and he was using deposits for one job to finish the last. Feel bad for the people that he started work on after us - likely went even worse for them.
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2004
1526 posts
1055 upvotes
Longueuil
It is really hard to find a good contractor. There is so much work to be done that even if they do a crappy job, they will still find new customers easily .
Try not! Do or do not, there is no try...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2007
9331 posts
10929 upvotes
Way Out of GTA
koffey wrote: Not kijiji. Not homestars either. Typically word of mouth from friends/family is going to be a little more legit, else, do you own research. Seriously. Using kijiji is like opening your wallet to the wind. Doesn't help of course when people think that everything should be dirt cheap. I mean, if you've been told or quoted that project xyz is going to run you $12000 and you find someone will to do it for $5000... Are you seriously going to hire them? In some cases, yes. People are blind to think work that trades perform should fit their cheap budget. Why else do you think there are so many kijiji scams? kijiji is a marketplace for the foolish.
I’d add to the redflags....when a contractor can’t even use caps and proper sentence structure in an ad that’s supposed to be representing their company....or use terms like #justbookit... or hit me up.... there’s little chance it’s going to go anyway but bad.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2010
15 posts
56 upvotes
GTA
Deal2010 wrote: Please be careful about Ads on Kijiji:
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-skilled-t ... 1509804484

I put this up so others will not have to go through this.

Look for this, here’s how their story works:

Will do Concrete work (driveway, patio, shed pad)
Snow removal
Landscaping
Mr. Concrete
#justbookitnow

Ask for payment instalments UP FRONT:
$200-$1000 UP FRONT (PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT GIVE MONEY UP FRONT)
Pay balance on delivery of further services

THEY WILL TAKE YOUR DEPOSIT, PROMISE YOU THE WORK, SAY THEY WILL COME BACK AS THEY NEED A DAY FOR CONCRETE TO DRY AND THEY WILL NEVER DO THE WORK OR RETURN.
TAKE A DEPOSIT TO DO WORK ON PATIO/DRIVEWAY, GRASS, LANDSCAPING, SNOW REMOVAL AND WILL NEVER COME BACK.
IF YOU TRY TO CALL THEM THEY WILL NOT ANSWER. IF YOU TRY TO TEXT THEM THEY WILL EITHER IGNORE OR WILL TELL YOU THEY ARE COMING BACK AND NEVER WILL.
BE SAFE AND DO NOT LET THIS HAPPEN TO YOU.
RESEARCH THE LINKS ON THIS COMPANY/PERSON BELOW AND WARN OTHERS SO THEY ARE NOT FOOLED AND OUT LOTS OF HARD EARNED MONEY.

Names: Steve Munoz (from Colombia), Victor, David Valencia, Dan, etc..

Company:
SDM
S*M
Project Coordinators
Emerald Landscaping/Snow Removal

Address:
670 Rexdale Blvd, Etobicoke, ON M9W 0B5, Canada
10 Four Season Place, Etobicoke, ON M9B 6H7
STEVE'S HOME ADDRESS (at his father's place) : 43 Windsor Rd. Etobicoke, ON M9R 3G3.

Phone numbers:
647 710 4556
416 824 5981
416-984-0994
He uses, [email protected] for any email transfers he takes from people

Vehicles:
Silver: Honda civic, Hyundai Elantra, BMW 3-series
Red: Dodge 4 dr. pick up truck

See important information below:

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/etobicoke/pro ... #444032285

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Emerald-Lan ... e_internal
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 9872078546

https://www.bbb.org/ca/on/etobicoke/pro ... bb-ratings

aware-bad-contractors-2285449/
aware-bad-contractors-2285449/3/

https://gramho.com/profile/slabzgod/8963638134

One day (very soon) Steve (or any of these scammers) will come across someone they should not mess with. Someone who will not let this go and has the connections/resources to pursue this to the end - unfortunately for Steve, I'm that person. I've got all the time, determination and resources to take him down and even if it takes time, it will happen - believe me.
My posts are just to warn everyone but I am slowly working on this case.

I believe in treating people fairly. You get what you give. You want to cheat people then deal with the consequences. I feel badly for those honest, hardworking and you can call them naive people who get cheated out of their hard earned money - it's not right.

Karma's a b*%^h!
Last edited by Deal2010 on Jul 22nd, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 12, 2017
5 posts
The same thing just happened to me. Steve and david came over collected my $500 deposit, took the top layer of grass off and said the next crew would be over the next day, and never heard from them again. I called the police and they dont care?
[OP]
Jun 27, 2010
15 posts
56 upvotes
GTA
ml8203 wrote: The same thing just happened to me. Steve and david came over collected my $500 deposit, took the top layer of grass off and said the next crew would be over the next day, and never heard from them again. I called the police and they dont care?
There is a detective working on this now, and there are several who he's scammed that are joining together to go after Estevan. I sent the details.
Jul 12, 2017
5 posts
i didn't get the details. I want to go after these guys as well.
[OP]
Jun 27, 2010
15 posts
56 upvotes
GTA
ml8203 wrote: i didn't get the details. I want to go after these guys as well.
Sent to your inbox, check your messages.
Jul 12, 2017
5 posts
you can use me as a character reference for your law suit.
How did you serve him the papers ?
do you have a real address?
Oct 21, 2003
810 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
I hope you guys get this dumbass. Tired of these broke ass scum getting away with stuff like this. (ripping off people who are actually hard working)
Deal Fanatic
May 11, 2009
7501 posts
4131 upvotes
Debtario
Whenever I see someone advertising they can do a wide variety of tasks that's often a red flag for me. Word of mouth is the only way these days, all the good folks are too busy and don't need to advertise. Consider everything else fluff/marketing, great online reviews, vehicles, signage, or other appearances don't correlate to quality of the work.

My former neighbour was one of these types, just got a van, put up a yellow pages ad, and claimed he could do everything from electrical, plumbing, etc with "20 years experience" and registered the company under a different address. I haven't looked him up lately, but last I heard he had a new truck and was operating under another name.
ml8203 wrote: The same thing just happened to me. Steve and david came over collected my $500 deposit, took the top layer of grass off and said the next crew would be over the next day, and never heard from them again. I called the police and they dont care?
Scammers have smartened up. If they take your money without doing anything, that's fraud. If they show up and stick a shovel in the ground or smear some paint on the ground and disappear, it's now a private civil matter since they did something, just not what was agreed to. Police won't care at that point, police generally focus on violent crimes, property crimes and scams don't get much action unless they become massive.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"