• Last Updated:
  • Oct 23rd, 2019 6:23 pm
Tags:
None

Poll: Which is used faster?

• Total votes: 22. You have voted on this poll.
shampoo used faster than conditioner

50%
conditioner used faster than shampoo

32%
about the same

5%
other (pls explain)

14%
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal

shampoo:conditioner

In my household, the shampoo is always noticeably and consistently used faster than the conditioner, no idea why as I assume shouldn't it be roughly the same? How's it in your home? Poll added.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
19 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal
tanesachs wrote: Get 2 in 1
Separate is better quality though.
The richest 1% of this country owns half our country’s wealth, 5 trillion dollars, one-third of that comes from hard work, two-thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons, and what I do.. <find the rest>
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6345 posts
1519 upvotes
Richmond Hill
because you only need to use a bit of conditioner compared to shampoo, like half the amount each time. Also, if you buy those sulfate-free shampoos, you don't really need conditioner anymore.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2008
1335 posts
935 upvotes
Etobicoke
use conditioner only, not shampoo
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10914 posts
13314 upvotes
Vancouver
The last time I used either shampoo or conditioner was more than two months ago. I have discovered that a daily vigorous scrub with my fingers using nothing more than the warm water in the shower leaves my hair looking better and healthier than it ever has before. My wife agrees! Give it a try.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal
Kiraly wrote: The last time I used either shampoo or conditioner was more than two months ago. I have discovered that a daily vigorous scrub with my fingers using nothing more than the warm water in the shower leaves my hair looking better and healthier than it ever has before. My wife agrees! Give it a try.
Are you some super hippy...or Amish? Lol never heard of that. How about ridding of any smell? I'll pass haha.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10111 posts
1531 upvotes
I stopped using conditioner because I found my hair was softer but a bit greasier.

My hairstylist told me not to use conditioner because it was not suitable for my skin/scalp type.

Plus, people only need a little bit of conditioner relative to shampoo.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal
yesstyle wrote: because you only need to use a bit of conditioner compared to shampoo, like half the amount each time. Also, if you buy those sulfate-free shampoos, you don't really need conditioner anymore.
speedyforme wrote: I stopped using conditioner because I found my hair was softer but a bit greasier.

My hairstylist told me not to use conditioner because it was not suitable for my skin/scalp type.

I wonder if there's a 'proper' way quantity-wise for using both? I assume it should be roughly equal but actually wouldn't shampoo be used less since a little dab creates a big lather vs conditioner needs to cover the whole strand of hair?

To the 2nd person, maybe we have the same hair type, oily? I could go w/o conditioner too but if you wanna use it for more shine, smoothness, etc, gotta avoid the scalp and concentrate on the strands.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10111 posts
1531 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote: I wonder if there's a 'proper' way quantity-wise for using both? I assume it should be roughly equal but actually wouldn't shampoo be used less since a little dab creates a big lather vs conditioner needs to cover the whole strand of hair?

To the 2nd person, maybe we have the same hair type, oily? I could go w/o conditioner too but if you wanna use it for more shine, smoothness, etc, gotta avoid the scalp and concentrate on the strands.
Yes I have oily skin.

I have found that my hair is shinier now than before and then change is two fold IMO. I stopped using hot water to shower and clean my skin (dries me out) so I use like warm water. Not cold though.

And after I do my skin care (my method is to use my products and put it in my hand, rub a bit and then pat my face to apply), I then take my palms and just brush my hair since I hate products on my palm I might as well put it on my damp hair.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10914 posts
13314 upvotes
Vancouver
tranquility922 wrote: Are you some super hippy...or Amish? Lol never heard of that. How about ridding of any smell? I'll pass haha.
It doesn't smell. My wife agrees, she says it smells just fine. Like I said, I wash it every day, but just with warm water and scrubbing with my fingers, no shampoo. I wish I had discovered this years ago!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal
Kiraly wrote: It doesn't smell. My wife agrees, she says it smells just fine. Like I said, I wash it every day, but just with warm water and scrubbing with my fingers, no shampoo. I wish I had discovered this years ago!
Are you trolling me bro? How can that possibly smell good? Solely water, not even residue soap from showering?
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10914 posts
13314 upvotes
Vancouver
tranquility922 wrote: Are you trolling me bro? How can that possibly smell good? Solely water, not even residue soap from showering?
I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't tried it. The natural oil produced by your scalp is there for a purpose; it protects your hair and is a natural conditioner. Why shampoo it away, only to replace it with artificial conditioner that costs money and doesn't even do as good of a job? I also wouldn't have believed that it would smell good either, but my wife confirms that it smells just fine. And believe me, if some part of my body stinks, she tells me.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal
Kiraly wrote: I wouldn't have believed it myself if I hadn't tried it. The natural oil produced by your scalp is there for a purpose; it protects your hair and is a natural conditioner. Why shampoo it away, only to replace it with artificial conditioner that costs money and doesn't even do as good of a job? I also wouldn't have believed that it would smell good either, but my wife confirms that it smells just fine. And believe me, if some part of my body stinks, she tells me.
I dunno man. Anyway, going w/o shampoo and conditioner won't work for me, my hair's too oily, need something to break that down.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2008
10111 posts
1531 upvotes
Yeah washing with just water won't do it for oily skin. I tried to even shampoo less often and it just didn't work for me after 1 month of trying.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10914 posts
13314 upvotes
Vancouver
tranquility922 wrote: I dunno man. Anyway, going w/o shampoo and conditioner won't work for me, my hair's too oily, need something to break that down.
Apparently your scalp will overproduce oil for about two weeks after you stop shampooing. But after that it will balance itself out. That’s why many people who try this give up, they can’t wait two weeks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2010
14919 posts
4358 upvotes
Montréal
Kiraly wrote: Apparently your scalp will overproduce oil for about two weeks after you stop shampooing. But after that it will balance itself out. That’s why many people who try this give up, they can’t wait two weeks.
TX for the info, I'll let someone be the Guinea pig on this one though. I can't imagine not washing my hair (in traditional sense) skipping a day, never mind over 2 weeks lol.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2006
9771 posts
3979 upvotes
I am bald.

One soap washes my whole body. Start at the top and work down.
Deal Fanatic
May 14, 2009
6472 posts
1251 upvotes
I don’t wash/condition like people with non curly hair do. I co-wash most of the time and cleanse/low-poo maybe once a week. I deep condition once every 1-2 weeks. On non DC days I use conditioner. My products all run out at different times.
speedyforme wrote: I stopped using conditioner because I found my hair was softer but a bit greasier.

As someone with high porosity 3B curly hair, I beg to differ Face With Tears Of Joy