Health & Wellness

Share youtube health video that actually helped you.

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2022 9:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2009
1047 posts
244 upvotes
Montreal

Share youtube health video that actually helped you.

Youtube health advice is usually taken with a grain of salt or outright mocked as is the case with Covid. I actually was helped by advice on youtube by a Dr. Foster video that deals with Vertigo . A simple exercise that I still use every now and then that truly allows me to function normally.

Any personal experiences you want to share so that others can benefit?

Last edited by redflag5050 on Aug 16th, 2021 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2010
6597 posts
6073 upvotes
I have found many of Dr. Berg's (chiro) videos informative ...he has a YouTube channel with hundreds of videos.

Anyone have recommendations for good workout videos online (preferably free and without a subscription)?
Jun 20, 2010
362 posts
181 upvotes
redflag5050 wrote: Youtube health advice is usually taken with a grain of salt or outright mocked as is the case with Covid. I actually was helped by advice on youtube by a Dr. Foster video that deals with Vertigo . A simple exercise that I still use every now and then that truly allows me to function normally.

Any personal experiences you want to share so that others can benefit?

ditto....this video helped me immensely as well
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
4667 posts
1421 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
redflag5050 wrote: A simple exercise that I still use every now and then that truly allows me to function normally.
I just had this two weeks ago for the first time. Hopefully I'll never need to use it.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3817 posts
933 upvotes
Toronto
hyperactiveme wrote: I just had this two weeks ago for the first time. Hopefully I'll never need to use it.
I can't follow the Foster Maneuver, but I did find the Home Epley Maneuver to help. There are several different Maneuvers - I mentioned "Home" Epley Maneuver because if you Google You Tube and refer specifically to "Home" and Epley you might well be able to find it. I had found it once and then couldn't find it again - just other videos which I did not care far. I found this particular Epley to be the best explained Maneuver - there is a woman who describes the procedure. She also does video's of other Maneuvers so it is important to follow the Epley Maneuver.

My doctor uses the Epley. So much depends on your triggers. The worst for me is when I get Vertigo with a non-headache Migraine Aura. I did see my doctor about this once the episode has passed.

I had my last Vertigo attack 3 years ago. The current one happened in Dec. and was unexpected. I have written out the exercise to follow for next time.

Note that there is a difference between Home Maneuvers and if your doctor does it.