Expired Hot Deals

SharewareOnSale

KeepSolid unlimited VPN free for half a year (no payment needed)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2021 4:23 pm
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2016
1257 posts
1125 upvotes
Montreal
Worked for me, thanks OP.
Keepsolid website is extremely slow for me. Not sure why.
Jan 21, 2019
114 posts
102 upvotes
I notice there's a "Torrent" server tab with only 3 listed from Canada/France/Romania. Would there be any reason to use these over just the "Optimal" server they connect you to?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2211 posts
1572 upvotes
may or may not be true in this case. if you were the product to begin with even before this deal.
Jul 20, 2006
101 posts
67 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: may or may not be true in this case. if you were the product to begin with even before this deal.
Before using this “free” vpn, thousands of sites know a little about you. After you start to use this vpn, this company knows EVERYTHING about you
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
2211 posts
1572 upvotes
depends on whether vpn is keeping logs of where you go (opposite of what they're saying).
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12522 posts
3748 upvotes
unless you have something on paper and proven that keepsolid is doing, stop spreading fake news
stray_tachyon wrote: When a product is free, that means YOU are the product.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Sep 23, 2020
241 posts
65 upvotes
Is it possible to save a code to use 6 months later when our subscription has expired?
Dec 11, 2008
771 posts
469 upvotes
Toronto
sexyj wrote: If you truly care about your data/tracking, then you should be running your own vpn server on a vps. The easiest way is wireguard.

I don't understand why people who are concerned with tracking then rely on a 3rd party for a service that shows the full path of their online presence.
I guess maybe that you and I use VPN's for different purposes or maybe you don't like learning.
Not only do I use a VPN but I'm also the one that many people look to for direction.

Things change, so, I'm willing to check out a different provider but I'd like pros/cons feedback from current users. It saves on wasted time and grief on my part.
Jul 19, 2020
69 posts
29 upvotes
I keep seeing this company posted here but keepsolid is usa based. Am I right to not want to use them?
Nov 24, 2011
50 posts
59 upvotes
SAINTE-FOY
Would this be fast enough to work with HBO Max to stream something like Dune when it’ll come out later?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5521 posts
5707 upvotes
Vancouver
Ramdin wrote: I keep seeing this company posted here but keepsolid is usa based. Am I right to not want to use them?
Conventional wisdom is that USA-based is better because there are well-defined privacy rights and due process of law that provide some protection. Other countries may be more lax, but open to abuses like threatening the VPN operator with jail if they don't turn over their logs and betray the privacy of their clients.
Jul 31, 2021
48 posts
97 upvotes
The VPN service is surprisingly feature rich, they let you generate custom configuration for a bunch of protocols like OpenVPN and Wireguard. Makes it pretty easy to use on my FireTV without having to download their app on that device.

Their Indian VPN currently bypasses Hotstar and Sony Liv amongst other services as a FYI for other south asian homies.

I can't vouch for the integrity of the company or anything but at this price (free), it's a pretty great deal. If your privacy is important to you then you definitely don't want to trust most VPN providers if any at all, but this is good for bypassing content restrictions and the like.
Feb 12, 2006
609 posts
720 upvotes
perfectly fine for streaming etc. But no port forwarding (for those who intend on torrenting), or doing anything you wouldn't want a company based in the US to have some logs.

free is free. that's the right price for most RFDers.
Deal Addict
Sep 14, 2011
1349 posts
1453 upvotes
Toronto
Worked perfectly. Thanks OP!
Another 6 months :)
"Big discounts are good, but FREE always better!"
😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝😝
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12522 posts
3748 upvotes
Uhhh, that's exactly what my point is.

If you care that amount about a VPN connection, you should be running your own server. Not rely on some cheapie 3rd party that's a dime a dozen.

For most people, this is more than what they need.

All of these vpn service are the same shit, they charge pennies for a month. If you think there is a difference, you are just doing mental gymnastics.
Canuck_TO wrote: I guess maybe that you and I use VPN's for different purposes or maybe you don't like learning.
Not only do I use a VPN but I'm also the one that many people look to for direction.

Things change, so, I'm willing to check out a different provider but I'd like pros/cons feedback from current users. It saves on wasted time and grief on my part.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
17934 posts
4349 upvotes
Toronto
blirette wrote: Would this be fast enough to work with HBO Max to stream something like Dune when it’ll come out later?
Definitely! I run it on my router and can watch HBOMax and Paramount+ in 4k DV.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 27, 2012
5760 posts
956 upvotes
Toronto
Is this vpn more reliable and safe for torrenting than windscribe?
Jul 27, 2011
170 posts
104 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
This VPN is definitely not meant to be used with torrents or leave on 24/7. It's more of a get past region lock and bandwidth limits VPN. They save usage logs of how much you use and for how long. And they're also based off New York so they're liable with disclosing information due to New York state laws.