Expired Hot Deals

SharewareOnSale

KeepSolid unlimited VPN free for half a year (no payment needed)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2021 9:54 am
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18439 posts
5387 upvotes
Toronto
Repeater wrote: This VPN is definitely not meant to be used with torrents or leave on 24/7.
I have this VPN running all the time on my router to watch USA content. If it disconnects, it automatically reconnects. I'm not watching USA content all the time but when I do, I don't have to do anything in the router settings. I don't torrent so this VPN is perfect for me.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
3573 posts
2533 upvotes
test9251 wrote: Is this vpn more reliable and safe for torrenting than windscribe?
no. They might be logging. part of their disclosure is that they are partially logging, in order to prevent abuse of their service. Is it enough info to identify you if troll lawyers come calling? It depends on what exactly they are logging. Your registered email very likely is logged with every connection to the vpn. They claim your IP is erased after you drop your connection to the VPN. That's for starters. What else arent they telling us?
Feb 22, 2019
57 posts
26 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks got it and set it up with no issues
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2017
3489 posts
2200 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: Conventional wisdom is that USA-based is better because there are well-defined privacy rights and due process of law that provide some protection. Other countries may be more lax, but open to abuses like threatening the VPN operator with jail if they don't turn over their logs and betray the privacy of their clients.
Among Western countries USA has some of the weakest privacy laws. Copyright trolls are also increasing pressure on VPNs there.
VPN.ht has settled a copyright infringement lawsuit filed by a group of independent movie companies earlier this year. As part of the deal, the VPN agreed to block all BitTorrent traffic and log IP-address information on its US servers. While this a controversial order, VPN.ht says that users are still protected as the company will stop using US servers.
https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-service-wi ... it-211011/
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
6379 posts
4106 upvotes
Ottawa
This deal ends today, go go go.
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Mar 19, 2016
864 posts
972 upvotes
canada
sonyHdr12 wrote: This deal ends today, go go go.
It not only appears that they are giving us a free 6 months vpn, they are also giving us the gift of time!

"Sale ends in 2 days 16 hours 34 mins 35 secs"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
6535 posts
6837 upvotes
Vancouver
dustinsa wrote: It not only appears that they are giving us a free 6 months vpn, they are also giving us the gift of time!

"Sale ends in 2 days 16 hours 34 mins 35 secs"
Limited-time offers from Sharewareonsale.com with a countdown timer to expire are like those scenes in the movies where it looks like the hero is just about to be killed in the next second by an overtaking disaster, the camera cuts away for a second, and when it cuts back the peril has somehow jumped backward and the hero is still just about to be killed. The last hours sometimes stretch into days. :)
Feb 26, 2021
111 posts
524 upvotes
Does anyone else get a "service maintenance" error code when logging in? I get it both through the website and the app
Feb 12, 2006
869 posts
1180 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: Windscribe
windscribe has ephermal port forwarding and also based in Canada, but will work better than no port fowarding.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1646 posts
1155 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it just me or is it hard to find certain region locked shows on Netflix when you're on that country's VPN?
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2004
1497 posts
409 upvotes
Toronto
TorontoEh wrote: I'm on OPENVPN site, trying to learn more, could you kindly explain what do you mea use it in conjunction with Keep solid or the other way around? Is it like top-up of keep-solid and then I can use it on my FireTV or other devices?
Follow these instructions:
https://www.vpnunlimited.com/help/manua ... pn/windows
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18439 posts
5387 upvotes
Toronto
Alivenate wrote: Is it just me or is it hard to find certain region locked shows on Netflix when you're on that country's VPN?
If you can't find the movie in the Netflix search function, it could be that Netflix is detecting your location as being Canada instead of the VPN server location.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1646 posts
1155 upvotes
Vancouver
audit13 wrote: If you can't find the movie in the Netflix search function, it could be that Netflix is detecting your location as being Canada instead of the VPN server location.
Windscribe free server on the same location shows me the geo-locked region shows on Netflix whereas KeepSolid doesn't. Even if it's detecting me in Canada, there are some shows that I know are in Canada that don't show up when I search for it. I guess it's hit and miss depending on the VPN you're using?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18439 posts
5387 upvotes
Toronto
Alivenate wrote: Windscribe free server on the same location shows me the geo-locked region shows on Netflix whereas KeepSolid doesn't. Even if it's detecting me in Canada, there are some shows that I know are in Canada that don't show up when I search for it. I guess it's hit and miss depending on the VPN you're using?
Yes, it can be hit and miss. I only use Keepsolid for UK and USA content.

Which countries are you testing? I have a Windscribe Pro and FastestVPN sub as well.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1646 posts
1155 upvotes
Vancouver
audit13 wrote: Yes, it can be hit and miss. I only use Keepsolid for UK and USA content.

Which countries are you testing? I have a Windscribe Pro and FastestVPN sub as well.
I didn't try US servers because I've seen based on experience with Windscribe that not all US servers unlock region locked shows... I was trying Germany, France, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, India, Iceland, Netherlands, Greece, Romania, and Mexico and nothing came up but on Windscribe (free version), it showed up on Germany and Netherlands.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18439 posts
5387 upvotes
Toronto
Alivenate wrote: I didn't try US servers because I've seen based on experience with Windscribe that not all US servers unlock region locked shows... I was trying Germany, France, Israel, Argentina, Brazil, India, Iceland, Netherlands, Greece, Romania, and Mexico and nothing came up but on Windscribe (free version), it showed up on Germany and Netherlands.
A Canadian Netflix account will not automatically allow viewing content in all countries. For example: a Turkey Netflix subscription does not all a person to view shows on Japan Netflix.
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1646 posts
1155 upvotes
Vancouver
audit13 wrote: A Canadian Netflix account will not automatically allow viewing content in all countries. For example: a Turkey Netflix subscription does not all a person to view shows on Japan Netflix.
Sad but unfortunate truth I suppose.
Nov 16, 2003
440 posts
45 upvotes
Cornwall
Alivenate wrote: Is it just me or is it hard to find certain region locked shows on Netflix when you're on that country's VPN?
Netflix changed how they were blocking VPNs since August. It's been a real cat and mouse game since then, easiest way to know is once you connect to the VPN and load Netflix, if you see mostly just Netflix Original content it means that IP has been blocked/detected by them.

You can read more about it here: https://torrentfreak.com/netflix-intens ... oo-210811/

As someone who has a lifetime sub for this vpn, I can tell you the last couple months for Netflix you can go a few days with it working no problem, then all of a sudden it won't work for a couple days until they change the ip of the server. Works great on other content however that aren't aggressive at blocking (ie: Peacock, Pluto, Tubi, etc...)
Deal Addict
May 12, 2005
1312 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP and Installed it with no issue.
Koodo
Public Mobile

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)