Expired Hot Deals

SharewareOnSale

KeepSolid unlimited VPN free for half a year (no payment needed)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2021 9:54 am
Deal Addict
May 1, 2018
1646 posts
1155 upvotes
Vancouver
Belfour20 wrote: Netflix changed how they were blocking VPNs since August. It's been a real cat and mouse game since then, easiest way to know is once you connect to the VPN and load Netflix, if you see mostly just Netflix Original content it means that IP has been blocked/detected by them.

You can read more about it here: https://torrentfreak.com/netflix-intens ... oo-210811/
Ah that's a neat trick. I didn't know about the seeing mostly Netflix originals meant it was detected. Saves me those few seconds of searching for the shows/movies.

How's Hulu in terms of IP blocking?
Nov 24, 2011
76 posts
108 upvotes
Quebec City
Can someone tell me where is the get redeem code link? All I see is a page full of suspicious links.

Thanks!

EDIT: Used the browser on my computer and found the code. I got the app from the Mac App Store. Where do I put the link now to have the 6 months free?

EDIT 2: Damn, you have to log online and click the account on the top right corner. Redeeeeemed! Thanks! :)
Last edited by blirette on Oct 15th, 2021 6:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18443 posts
5390 upvotes
Toronto
Alivenate wrote:

How's Hulu in terms of IP blocking?
I've been using keepsolid to watch Hulu, Paramount+, and HBOMax since July.
Mar 21, 2013
410 posts
338 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
panditji wrote: The VPN service is surprisingly feature rich, they let you generate custom configuration for a bunch of protocols like OpenVPN and Wireguard. Makes it pretty easy to use on my FireTV without having to download their app on that device.

Their Indian VPN currently bypasses Hotstar and Sony Liv amongst other services as a FYI for other south asian homies.

I can't vouch for the integrity of the company or anything but at this price (free), it's a pretty great deal. If your privacy is important to you then you definitely don't want to trust most VPN providers if any at all, but this is good for bypassing content restrictions and the like.
What protocol did you choose to set it up with? Wanting to do the same with my chromecast w google tv but today I am struggling to focus and can't figure it out.
Jul 31, 2021
81 posts
244 upvotes
I already had Wireguard setup with a server that I ran myself.

So I used that protocol.

The keys are horrendously long and I use adb on my laptop to copy those over after setting the FireTV to accept remote connections in developer options.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2009
1033 posts
318 upvotes
Kitchener
So you have your server in other country? Why don't you connect to it directly using Wireguard? Why would you need extra vpn?

Thanks
panditji wrote: I already had Wireguard setup with a server that I ran myself.

So I used that protocol.
Слава Україні!
Jul 31, 2021
81 posts
244 upvotes
I absolutely use that.

This was available for free, so I was just trying out the features.

The other thing is that I can't run servers in multiple countries.(I could, but it does become cumbersome and costly)
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
3417 posts
2129 upvotes
B.C.
knoxyouout wrote: What protocol did you choose to set it up with? Wanting to do the same with my chromecast w google tv but today I am struggling to focus and can't figure it out.
I can say from experience that Chromecast doesn't like VPN Unlimited's Wireguard protocol very much. I never had issues using IKEv2.
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18443 posts
5390 upvotes
Toronto
Here's a new code to extend subscriptions by 6 months: VPNU6MONTHFORCALENDAR.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2003
18443 posts
5390 upvotes
Toronto
TheHans wrote: I can say from experience that Chromecast doesn't like VPN Unlimited's Wireguard protocol very much. I never had issues using IKEv2.
I'm using Wireguard and split tunnelling with no issues on a FireStick 4k, nVidia Shield 2017, and Chromecast with GoogleTV.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)