Expired Hot Deals

[Shark] Shark Apex Duo-Clean Zero M (corded) - $251.50 (taxes in + FS)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2020 8:58 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
140 posts
505 upvotes

Shark Apex Duo-Clean Zero M (corded) - $251.50 (taxes in + FS)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
20%
Expiry:
February 6, 2020
Retailer:
Shark
Coupon code: LOVE20

Shark has a 20% off promo code across some of their products. Notably, their top-of-the line Apex Duo-Clean Zero M is being sold and shipped for $251.50, taxes in (Shark only charges GST) and includes FS. Coupon code does not stack with Email sign-up.

A very favourable review by Vacuum Wars:

As mentioned in other threads, Shark's website charges CAD on USD prices. They also don't charge PST or HST, FS included, and there is a 60-day money back guarantee, minus restocking and shipping fees. They have also been known to further give you a 20% refund to keep the item, if you were considering returning it (YMMV).

Lowest-ever CCC is much higher (409.99), and even beats Amazon's lowest-ever 3rd party used price of 288 + GST/PST/HST and shipping.

The 20% off promo code also applies to a few other products, notably:
Last edited by WCDave on Jan 31st, 2020 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Mar 21, 2005
70 posts
14 upvotes
Thunder Bay
What's the coupon code? When I add this to cart it comes up at $299.40.
Sep 26, 2012
32 posts
17 upvotes
B.C.
I clicked on one of the other links. Code is LOVE20. Works on the Apex as well.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
140 posts
505 upvotes
leafsfanatic wrote: What's the coupon code? When I add this to cart it comes up at $299.40.
Sorry! Should have thrown it in the OP. LOVE20
Oct 21, 2016
18 posts
9 upvotes
Bought this about 8 months ago on a similar deal. Great vacuum. Great suction, great handling/maneuverability even though it's a bit heavy. It's nice to detach the cannister and just hold it in your other hand, making the floor head super light and easy to handle.

The zero-m anti-wrap feature works as advertised, and I like the soft brush making it easy going from carpet to hardwood without skipping a bit. I was surprised at how much I liked the bright LED lights on the unit. I thought it was going to be gimmicky, but when you're going from room to room, it's nice not having to stop to turn on and off lights. It really does act as a spotlight pointing out dust.

Also this is a sealed unit so - there's no dustiness getting kicked out of the unit. It does vent warm air though...I always find I'm roasting while using this vacuum.

EDIT: Checked my bill - I paid $225. So...not lowest ever...but I'm pretty sure I stacked several coupons, and would still buy at this price.

Would buy again!
Feb 13, 2012
152 posts
82 upvotes
Greater Sudbury
How does this compare to a Dyson v10
Oct 21, 2016
18 posts
9 upvotes
jokerswild1 wrote: How does this compare to a Dyson v10
From what I recall the guy on Vacuum Wars channel of youtube says its better from a performance-to-value point of view because of the dual rollers allows you to do both carpet and hardwood. But obviously, the cord and bigger form factor make it less appealing for smaller places or daily quick-jobs. Myself, I only like to vacuum once a week, and I do the whole house - so I bring out the big guns instead of my old dc35 stick that's essentially a vacuum/broom around the kitchen at this point.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2698 posts
1949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I actually looked into a lot of vacuum cleaners last year and found that the top Dyson models came in second place, after the top Shark models. For example from my notes:

Compare Dyson Ball Multi Floor (1 and/or 2) to Shark DuoClean NV801/NV803/NV800/NV800W/NV801Q/UV810:
- Edge cleaning: Both excellent.
- Big bits of stuff (cheerios): Shark picks them up. Dyson pushes them along.
- Loose rugs: Shark vacuums them. Dyson tries to eat them.
- Noise: Shark = 79.4 dB; Dyson = 78.1 dB
- Emptying the canister:
- - Dyson: Particles drop out but dust & hair stick to the upper core and you need to take it apart to clean it.
- - Shark: Couldn't find any complaints.
- Hose reach:
- - Dyson is long -- can leave vacuum at bottom and reach top stair with hand tool (unpowered).
- - Shark is short -- but canister lifts off head and you carry it in one hand and clean with the other (and it's powered).

The APEX DuoClean with Zero-M is better than the NV8xx series in several ways, BUT, it's worse than either the NV8xx or the Dyson Ball at cleaning right next to the wall (when you run it along the wall, like down a hall). There's a narrow path along the wall it just can't reach. The brush and the suction area behind it are kept away from the wall just a bit by the frame around it.

IMHO if you don't really care about cleaning right up to the walls then the Apex is probably the best vacuum cleaner you can buy.

OP, please put the actual price in the title and listing, because "taxes in" is irrelevant because it's a different calculation across the country, and because you're forcing people to redo the math to get the actual price so they can compare to other prices.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
140 posts
505 upvotes
OakAged wrote: OP, please put the actual price in the title and listing, because "taxes in" is irrelevant because it's a different calculation across the country, and because you're forcing people to redo the math to get the actual price so they can compare to other prices.
They charge GST only. Same price across Canada. Mentioned this in the OP.
Aug 1, 2014
9 posts
24 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Dont forget your extra 20% through the chat. I think I got it for 180 allin
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2006
2120 posts
581 upvotes
Dollard-Des-Ormeaux
I had a shark and now I own a Dyson V11 (from the canadiantire sale). I would never buy a shark. Was one PITA of a vacuum cleaner, ended up selling it. Also heard bad things about their warranty...
Jun 24, 2005
13 posts
1 upvote
I spoke to a customer service agent today. He said the website charges in US Dollars (USD). Also, there is 13% HST. I don`t know how or why people are saying that they charge in Canadian dollars when ordering from this U.S. website. Plus, how can they possibly get taxes refunded. The agent said taxes are charged based on location. I am in Ontario, Canada. Please provide proof that you didn't pay tax or only paid GST, and also paid in Canadian (Cdn) dollars. Thanks.
Mar 2, 2009
476 posts
220 upvotes
Anyone got the TruePet upgrade? Do you think it's worth it?
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2014
2698 posts
1949 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WCDave wrote: They charge GST only. Same price across Canada. Mentioned this in the OP.
Then that would be "tax", not "taxes", and the price is "$239.52 + GST only". People want to know the actual price. Mentioned this in my post.
Thanks.
Mar 2, 2009
476 posts
220 upvotes
I placed an order for this vacuum with TruePet upgrade (more brushes and tools), they charged my credit card in Canadian dollars.

But later I got a full refund and an email saying the could not use my credit card, and that the order is cancelled, and that they encourage me to buy from a local supplier.

Anyone got similar experience?