Expired Hot Deals

[Shark] Shark® WANDVAC™ Cordless Handheld Vacuum $90.39 if no conversion from USA?

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2020 4:04 am
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
283 posts
203 upvotes
Oakville

Shark® WANDVAC™ Cordless Handheld Vacuum $90.39 if no conversion from USA?

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Shark
Just noticed from someone else's shark posting [credit CADMAN: sharkclean-com-shark-apex-uplight-corde ... 0-2383133/] that this Handheld Cordless vaccuum is $40 off with dad40 code on shark USA website.
From what I read on the posting, free shipping and they charge the US price in CAD (i.e. no conversion). So I'm going on this assumption
If so, it seems like good deal?

$119 to $90.39, +tax but free shipping?

Thoughts? I'm going to pull the trigger since it's not that expensive and i could use small vaccum around desk...
No time to really research right now but wanted to share this in case it's good deal
STill have to research larger vaccum deal cause I need one of those!
thanks

EDIT: they did charge $10 tax... but I see my credit card charge $90.39 only and not converted to US dollars so far? not sure if that will change later...
And credit CADman original post i found: sharkclean-com-shark-apex-uplight-corde ... 0-2383133/
Last edited by artemis_xxx on Jun 16th, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
50 replies
Jul 13, 2007
258 posts
71 upvotes
Calgary
Was looking at this or the other handheld. The other one looks newer, but can't tell if it's better? Was looking for a handheld for the car as I don't have access or storage for a shop vac.
Mar 4, 2019
28 posts
21 upvotes
I can't find a way to enter a Canadian shipping address. Anyone else have this issue?
Dec 13, 2014
165 posts
61 upvotes
Oshawa, ON
FrozenRay1 wrote: I can't find a way to enter a Canadian shipping address. Anyone else have this issue?
It took mine. All I did was remove the space in the postal code.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
283 posts
203 upvotes
Oakville
LarryT778370 wrote: Still has Tax. w/o tax, would be 79.
Someone wrote that they ordered and taxes later were reversed I believe on their credit card? Hopefully this will be the case here. :)
Aug 31, 2018
181 posts
350 upvotes
does it ship from the usa or canada? there would be a risk of paying for duties n customs of it's coming from the usa
Feb 27, 2009
138 posts
34 upvotes
Toronto
Anyone has reviews on it? How was it ?
$100 for a hand held duster seems a lot
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1612 posts
445 upvotes
Good price for Canadians. I think the cheapest I've seen this for was $60USD last BF. I pulled the trigger during the Memorial Day sale for $100 CAD. Assuming they haven't changed their ordering system, I can confirm that it was listed at $99.99 on their website (no indication of whether that was USD or CAD), and that's how much I was charged on my CC in CAD. At check-out, they show the 13% tax (for ONT), but I wasn't charged that amount on my CC. Shipping was also free.

Quick review: this might not be for everyone especially if you view it as nothing more than an "overpriced Dust Buster". I wanted something that was ultra compact that had enough juice for quick clean-ups around the kitchen and bathrooms. Lots of people use it for cleaning their cars and since this vac is so compact, it's perfect for that (as long as you don't take longer than ~10 mins to do it). I don't find it overly loud, and suction seems pretty good for its size, but it's still brand new, so time will tell. A plus for me is that it's designed/styled well enough that I can just leave it out on the counter and it doesn't look like I left my vacuum out. It comes with 2 attachments: crevice/duster combo, and a multi-surface tool. The combo attachment works fine. I haven't tried the multi-surface tool yet. A potential downside will be whether I can replace the battery when it finally dies. The EU version has a replaceable battery, but the NA version doesn't for some reason (at least not stated in the manual).
Aug 31, 2018
181 posts
350 upvotes
ShinNoodles wrote: Good price for Canadians. I think the cheapest I've seen this for was $60USD last BF. I pulled the trigger during the Memorial Day sale for $100 CAD. Assuming they haven't changed their ordering system, I can confirm that it was listed at $99.99 on their website (no indication of whether that was USD or CAD), and that's how much I was charged on my CC in CAD. At check-out, they show the 13% tax (for ONT), but I wasn't charged that amount on my CC. Shipping was also free.

Quick review: this might not be for everyone especially if you view it as nothing more than an "overpriced Dust Buster". I wanted something that was ultra compact that had enough juice for quick clean-ups around the kitchen and bathrooms. Lots of people use it for cleaning their cars and since this vac is so compact, it's perfect for that (as long as you don't take longer than ~10 mins to do it). I don't find it overly loud, and suction seems pretty good for its size, but it's still brand new, so time will tell. A plus for me is that it's designed/styled well enough that I can just leave it out on the counter and it doesn't look like I left my vacuum out. It comes with 2 attachments: crevice/duster combo, and a multi-surface tool. The combo attachment works fine. I haven't tried the multi-surface tool yet. A potential downside will be whether I can replace the battery when it finally dies. The EU version has a replaceable battery, but the NA version doesn't for some reason (at least not stated in the manual).

did it ship within canada?
Aug 28, 2013
134 posts
72 upvotes
Montr
I just ordered another vaccum from Shark. Last week.

Once they actually invoice you, (just before shipping) it's the price without tax. Even if the taxes show up in the initial order form.
Prices are in CAD

It ships from California. Via FedEx.

I was not hit with any import charges.
Oct 1, 2019
15 posts
3 upvotes
Bought one on BF. It’s really convenient being that it’s so lightweight. We use it around the kids chairs when they’re done eating and it’s awesome for the car. Definitely only meant for small areas but very satisfied. We use it daily and the suction is still great.
Aug 31, 2018
181 posts
350 upvotes
california.. might get hit with duties custom fees...not gonna risk it.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2232 posts
411 upvotes
Sinco5 wrote: california.. might get hit with duties custom fees...not gonna risk it.
then return it, easy peasy...if you call to return they may give you a discount to offset the price. This happened lots for the Robot deal. Ordered one today.
[OP]
Dec 30, 2006
283 posts
203 upvotes
Oakville
ShinNoodles wrote: Good price for Canadians. I think the cheapest I've seen this for was $60USD last BF. I pulled the trigger during the Memorial Day sale for $100 CAD. Assuming they haven't changed their ordering system, I can confirm that it was listed at $99.99 on their website (no indication of whether that was USD or CAD), and that's how much I was charged on my CC in CAD. At check-out, they show the 13% tax (for ONT), but I wasn't charged that amount on my CC. Shipping was also free.

Thank you for providing your experience with this. Real world practical reviews are very helpful when considering purchases. :)
Sep 4, 2007
432 posts
365 upvotes

Good review, the last point is the only thing against this handheld. I'd much rather pay a little more for a battery I know I can replace.