Hot Deals

[Sharkclean.com] Shark IQ Robot Vacuum /w Self-Empty Base - $404 (as low as $315 YYMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 20th, 2020 9:13 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2972 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto

Shark IQ Robot Vacuum /w Self-Empty Base - $404 (as low as $315 YYMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
Retailer:
Sharkclean.com
Other thread was moved to expired for some reason when the price went back up to the original deal price, my attempt to get it moved back into hot deals was unsuccessful hence I'm posting this so others still have visibility of the offer. The vacuum is great value for the price, the navigation isn't as good as a LIDAR based vac but it does well enough and the self cleaning brush (no hair tangle) and self empty base really add to its value.

Order here, make sure to select the self empty version.

What is the deal?
  • For some reason shark charges Canadians the USD price but at the equivalent dollar number in CAD (ie. $449 USD = $449 CAD).
  • In addition to this, once the vacuum ships you should be refunded the tax you initially paid. You will see the tax at checkout and initial CC/paypal charge, it should be refunded once the vacuum ships.
  • At checkout apply coupon (sign up for emails to receive one) for an additional 10% off your order (bringing it down to $404).
  • No duties or taxes have been reported being due on delivery by Fedex, appears to be covered by Shark again.
  • This part is YMMV, but if you are unhappy with your purchase, you may contact their support via live chat or phone and receive an additional 20% ($89.88) off of the full value of $449. This would bring your total down to around $315 all in. This should not be abused.

FAQ

Why am I getting invalid zip code error when ordering? /// Why am I getting dinged with a $25 international surcharge on checkout?
Try mobile, desktop, and an incognito session. Their checkout experience isn't consistent. You may also try the below process.
  1. Go to checkout with the vacuum
  2. Enter your coupon code
  3. Enter your address, but when you get to postal code enter 90210
  4. Enter the remaining details, phone number, billing same as shipping, and continue
  5. Should get a popup to validate address, now change it to your correct address and click retry search
  6. Use suggested address, should direct you to payment confirmation without the international surcharge.

Will I be charged taxes/duties on delivery?
I don't believe any other users from the original thread (including myself) have been charged duties and there were many who already bought, should be very good odds of no taxes/duties.

What is the 20% off retention offer?
This should not be abused. If you are unhappy with the robot but willing to put up with that unhappiness, call in to get an extra 20% off for your trouble. Contact their live support during business hours here and selecting the live chat option on the lower right hand corner. Again... this is only available during business hours (PST) explain your reasoning and you may receive a goodwill offer to keep the vacuum.

Can I set restricted areas?
You can use the included boundary strip to block areas off, they cannot be set from the app currently. Support has mentioned the possibility of this being added in a future software update.

Can I use this on multiple floors?
The app will only save 1 map, again it was mentioned by support replying to user reviews that it may be added at some point in a software update. Folks have said that once the initial map generates of their primary floor they can still pick it up and move to another floor and run it there without the mapping capabilities (ie. no room selection) but it will still clean the floor.

My robot isn't generating a map after many runs?
Go into the settings of the robot and delete the map data, run several more times and watch the progress (under the map, tap the '?' on the upper right hand corner to see progress %)

Owners Thread: Here

Credit to @[padlock] for first discovering the deal.

Old thread: here
Last edited by TheGoodDealer on Dec 27th, 2019 10:32 am, edited 6 times in total.
234 replies
Jun 11, 2018
3 posts
8 upvotes
Just tried this, said promo code has expired
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2972 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
Mike0305 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2019 12:13 am
Just tried this, said promo code has expired
In that case, sign up for emails and you'll get a 10% off coupon.
Jul 25, 2014
125 posts
60 upvotes
Langley, BC
Good deal. This bot does it thing when we are all out of the house - so no noise issues. Self-emptying base allows it to have a near-full sweep of the floor it's on, which is great. The only places it can't get to is behind the doors to each room, but at the same time, no robot vacuums currently available has the ability to open/close doors. Also, would be good if it had a "spot clean" function similar to our old Roomba pet series. Overall, it is a great little gadget for the price.
Jun 11, 2018
3 posts
8 upvotes
mapleleafs89 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2019 12:27 am
In that case, sign up for emails and you'll get a 10% off coupon.
Thank you, it worked!
Feb 7, 2012
657 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
thanks @mapleleafs89 for this detailed post!
i purchased one a couple of weeks ago and spite the crappy app, i love this machine!

I read somewhere on the previous thread that there was supposed to be an app update Nov 25th. i just checked and so far nothing
current version 2.1.6 - updated Nov 17th 2019 - this one was a mini update (just said bug fixes), from what i gather from the previous thread, it didnt make a difference in the performance of the app
Nov 7, 2019
5 posts
1 upvote
Bought it 2 weeks ago, I have been using it since last week and I really love it, it help a lots with pet hair, the amount it pick up daily is surprising !!

there's a few bug with the unit running into his base, but It expect to get better after a few pass, I also had a few problem with pet hair being stuck inside the unit when trying to evacuate into the base

I paid 274.80 after the 20% from the live chat, also no taxe ( they are removed when they bill your credit card )
Dec 27, 2007
550 posts
179 upvotes
I got it for $359. didn't get 20% off.
Just set it up for a test run, it's super noisy compare to my old one. I think I have to do it when no body is at home.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2972 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
hiker007 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2019 8:12 pm
I got it for $359. didn't get 20% off.
Just set it up for a test run, it's super noisy compare to my old one. I think I have to do it when no body is at home.
You can still get the 20% off if you haven't, just contact their support over live chat.
Dec 11, 2014
19 posts
16 upvotes
Chatham, ON
Is the no tax stuff still working? I see the pending charge on my CC has tax included. Or does it drop when it actually gets posted?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2010
2972 posts
720 upvotes
Toronto
Noxxville wrote:
Nov 26th, 2019 9:08 pm
Is the no tax stuff still working? I see the pending charge on my CC has tax included. Or does it drop when it actually gets posted?
Gets refunded once product ships. You should see the charge reversed and a new authorization for the price of the robot without any tax. Usually takes 1 to 3 days, all depends on how quickly they ship it.
Apr 3, 2006
72 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
Noxxville wrote:
Nov 26th, 2019 9:08 pm
I was also a bit concerned about this. Ordered Monday morning and just got the original charge reversed and a new charge for $404 processed on my credit card. A few minutes later got the "your item has shipped" email.
Nov 22, 2012
176 posts
36 upvotes
Just received mine no taxes duties or anything. Around 280$ all in. Its loud but works pretty well, quality machine for the price.
Dec 11, 2014
19 posts
16 upvotes
Chatham, ON
TheGoodDealer wrote:
Nov 26th, 2019 9:17 pm
Gets refunded once product ships. You should see the charge reversed and a new authorization for the price of the robot without any tax. Usually takes 1 to 3 days, all depends on how quickly they ship it.
GregL wrote:
Nov 26th, 2019 10:29 pm
I was also a bit concerned about this. Ordered Monday morning and just got the original charge reversed and a new charge for $404 processed on my credit card. A few minutes later got the "your item has shipped" email.
Thanks for letting me know! I'll leave it as is and see what happens with it then.