Shark IQ Robot Vacuum /w Self-Empty Base - $404 (as low as $315 YYMV)
- Deal Link:
Order here, make sure to select the self empty version.
What is the deal?
- For some reason shark charges Canadians the USD price but at the equivalent dollar number in CAD (ie. $449 USD = $449 CAD).
- In addition to this, once the vacuum ships you should be refunded the tax you initially paid. You will see the tax at checkout and initial CC/paypal charge, it should be refunded once the vacuum ships.
- At checkout apply coupon (sign up for emails to receive one) for an additional 10% off your order (bringing it down to $404).
- No duties or taxes have been reported being due on delivery by Fedex, appears to be covered by Shark again.
- This part is YMMV, but if you are unhappy with your purchase, you may contact their support via live chat or phone and receive an additional 20% ($89.88) off of the full value of $449. This would bring your total down to around $315 all in. This should not be abused.
Why am I getting invalid zip code error when ordering? /// Why am I getting dinged with a $25 international surcharge on checkout?
Try mobile, desktop, and an incognito session. Their checkout experience isn't consistent. You may also try the below process.
- Go to checkout with the vacuum
- Enter your coupon code
- Enter your address, but when you get to postal code enter 90210
- Enter the remaining details, phone number, billing same as shipping, and continue
- Should get a popup to validate address, now change it to your correct address and click retry search
- Use suggested address, should direct you to payment confirmation without the international surcharge.
Will I be charged taxes/duties on delivery?
I don't believe any other users from the original thread (including myself) have been charged duties and there were many who already bought, should be very good odds of no taxes/duties.
What is the 20% off retention offer?
This should not be abused. If you are unhappy with the robot but willing to put up with that unhappiness, call in to get an extra 20% off for your trouble. Contact their live support during business hours here and selecting the live chat option on the lower right hand corner. Again... this is only available during business hours (PST) explain your reasoning and you may receive a goodwill offer to keep the vacuum.
Can I set restricted areas?
You can use the included boundary strip to block areas off, they cannot be set from the app currently. Support has mentioned the possibility of this being added in a future software update.
Can I use this on multiple floors?
The app will only save 1 map, again it was mentioned by support replying to user reviews that it may be added at some point in a software update. Folks have said that once the initial map generates of their primary floor they can still pick it up and move to another floor and run it there without the mapping capabilities (ie. no room selection) but it will still clean the floor.
My robot isn't generating a map after many runs?
Go into the settings of the robot and delete the map data, run several more times and watch the progress (under the map, tap the '?' on the upper right hand corner to see progress %)
Owners Thread: Here
Credit to @[padlock] for first discovering the deal.
Old thread: here