Expired Hot Deals

sharkclean.com

Shark IQ Robot Vacuum /w Self-Empty Base - US$319 (as low as US$239 YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2021 3:26 pm
[OP]
Sep 12, 2018
301 posts
181 upvotes

Shark IQ Robot Vacuum /w Self-Empty Base - US$319 (as low as US$239 YMMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
27%
Retailer:
sharkclean.com
I was able to use this method during Cyber Monday, with the $200 off code, but due to extreme delays I was not able to confirm and post in time. The code posted by @orditeck in this thread might make it hot again.
I know that up to today you can get the deal from Costco and get the amazing Costco warranty. However, buying directly from Sharkclean you get their VIP warranty (you could find some comments on it on the owners thread).

All the info below should be credit to @TheGoodDealer and his thread, I just updated a few things:

PLEASE FOLLOW THROUGH STEPS 1 AND 2 TO GET PRICE ON TITLE.

What is the deal?
  1. Create an account on sharkclean.com, use the headers link to add the product to your cart and use the code BYE2020.
  2. Wait around 30 minutes to let the cookies expire and refresh the page, login again and the cart should have a total of US$289 ($399 - 109.92);
  • I did not pay duties or taxes due on delivery by Fedex, appears to be covered by Shark;
  • This part is YMMV, but if you are unhappy with your purchase, you may contact their support via phone and receive an additional 20% ($79.80) off of the full value of $399. This would bring your total down to around US$210 or CAD$287 (this is because the refund dollar conversion is usually a lower value) all in. This should not be abused.

FAQ

Why am I getting dinged with a $25 international surcharge on checkout?
You could use Delaware zipcode, i.e.: 19720, to avoid taxes and international surcharge and fill up the rest of the form with your real address.

Will I be charged taxes/duties on delivery?
I was not charged duties/taxes on delivery. I end up buying two vacuums one I use my actual zipcode and one I used Delaware zipcode and I was not charged duties/taxes on both.
I don't believe any other users from the original thread have been charged duties and there were many who already bought, should be very good odds of no taxes/duties.

What is the 20% off retention offer?
This should not be abused. If you are unhappy with the robot but willing to put up with that unhappiness, call in to get an extra 20% off for your trouble. Contact their phone support during business (PST) explain your reasoning and you may receive a goodwill offer to keep the vacuum.

Can I set restricted areas?
According to TheGoodDealer, the latest update included the no-go zones: Image

Can I use this on multiple floors?
The app will only save 1 map, again it was mentioned by support replying to user reviews that it may be added at some point in a software update. Folks have said that once the initial map generates of their primary floor they can still pick it up and move to another floor and run it there without the mapping capabilities (ie. no room selection) but it will still clean the floor.

Owners Thread: here

Credit to @padlock for first discovering the deal.

Old thread: here
Images
  • shark-iq-promo1.png
Last edited by Justonemore on Jan 5th, 2021 6:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
Thread Summary
Promotional Code SECRET20 has expired.
New code is BYE2020
20 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
3529 posts
1625 upvotes
Canada
Shows $549 for me, not $399.
Nov 8, 2010
101 posts
34 upvotes
I’m curious I have this robot since last year

No go zone have always been a promise don’t know how to force an update because they aren’t availible in my case yet
Oct 29, 2020
12 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
Alternatively, Canadian Tire will price match costco and you can get the 30X (or 40x) CT money bonus, getting you down to ~$350 + tax.

EDIT: Or just get this one, non-XL version but no pricematch hassle
https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/shar ... #store=313

EDIT #2: was able to get $289 by creating an account, adding to cart and then logging out. Unsure how to remove the international fee without messing up my shipping address though.
Last edited by DenisS93190 on Dec 29th, 2020 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 18, 2005
194 posts
113 upvotes
gbill2004 wrote: Shows $549 for me, not $399.
And I think that's $549 USD which comes to over $700 CAD.

The Costco sale ends today...
[OP]
Sep 12, 2018
301 posts
181 upvotes
I have edited and highlighted the steps as much as I can on the OP.

Based on all the reply's timestamp no one follow the necessary steps to get the price. Please follow the steps described on the OP to get the price in title:
1) Create an account on sharkclean.com, use the headers link to add the product to your cart and use the code SECRET20.
2) Wait around 30 minutes to let the cookies expire and refresh the page, login again and the cart should have a total of US$289 ($399 - 109.92);

I have tested with 4 different accounts and worked every single time as the screenshot attached can show.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB
May 8, 2013
682 posts
618 upvotes
London
I was never able to get the discount fyi. They were more than happy to just return it, even insisted.
May 2, 2016
70 posts
61 upvotes
Justonemore wrote: I have edited and highlighted the steps as much as I can on the OP.

Based on all the reply's timestamp no one follow the necessary steps to get the price. Please follow the steps described on the OP to get the price in title:
1) Create an account on sharkclean.com, use the headers link to add the product to your cart and use the code SECRET20.
2) Wait around 30 minutes to let the cookies expire and refresh the page, login again and the cart should have a total of US$289 ($399 - 109.92);
it does show 399 after 30 minutes, but the discount with the code is

Subtotal
$399.00
Promo Code:SECRET20
$-79.80
Total
$319.20
Nov 17, 2018
59 posts
42 upvotes
Tried the Delaware zip but asked me to change it to my Canadian address right before paying. When I did this, SECRET20 was disabled, and ended up calling to cancel the order at $424. Any ideas on how to execute this?
Aug 20, 2008
104 posts
51 upvotes
Montreal
I live in Montreal and it won't let me place an order....
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2429 posts
1093 upvotes
base99 wrote: it does show 399 after 30 minutes, but the discount with the code is

Subtotal
$399.00
Promo Code:SECRET20
$-79.80
Total
$319.20
Same here After clicking checkout with credit card, the discount reverts from 109 to 79.

Still a decent deal if it's $320 CAD including tax.
Mar 28, 2016
11 posts
1 upvote
mr_yellow wrote: Same here After clicking checkout with credit card, the discount reverts from 109 to 79.

Still a decent deal if it's $320 CAD including tax.

Yes I get the same- discount reverts back to $79. Couldn't get around the international surcharge though- it changed the price to add the surcharge after I updated my postal code and automatically placed the order- so I'll have to call and cancel tomorrow.
Anyone able to get around the international surcharge?

Also- it seems there's some confusion around if it's exchange rate at par or not. So fingers crossed for that :)
Nov 17, 2018
59 posts
42 upvotes
Paint0906 wrote: Yes I get the same- discount reverts back to $79. Couldn't get around the international surcharge though- it changed the price to add the surcharge after I updated my postal code and automatically placed the order- so I'll have to call and cancel tomorrow.
Anyone able to get around the international surcharge?

Also- it seems there's some confusion around if it's exchange rate at par or not. So fingers crossed for that :)
As far as I know, and what I've found on other threads, they patched the International Surcharge ($25) loophole. If anyone can confirm or disprove this, feel free to respond.
They don't do exchange rates so the price on the tin is what you should be paying in CAN currency. Worst case scenario, call them up to cancel. Took me 10 minutes.
Nov 7, 2019
57 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
NiHaoLeo wrote: As far as I know, and what I've found on other threads, they patched the International Surcharge ($25) loophole. If anyone can confirm or disprove this, feel free to respond.
They don't do exchange rates so the price on the tin is what you should be paying in CAN currency. Worst case scenario, call them up to cancel. Took me 10 minutes.
Was not able to get around the loophole. Total came in at $344.20 USD. Credit card is showing a pending charge of ~$452 CAD. I can't remember if the charge reverts back to the USD amount in CAD once the order ships. Will provide an update if/when that happens.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
14165 posts
5751 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speezy wrote: Was not able to get around the loophole. Total came in at $344.20 USD. Credit card is showing a pending charge of ~$452 CAD. I can't remember if the charge reverts back to the USD amount in CAD once the order ships. Will provide an update if/when that happens.
The 1:1 exchange loophole was that you'd get charged the same amount in CAD as in USD. What appears on your credit card would be in CAD. So the fact that your credit card was charged in USD means that the exchange loophole was fixed, which is consistent with recent order experiences reported by RFDers in December.
Sep 24, 2020
33 posts
35 upvotes
This was a hot deal? I didn't know it was one as I would have posted here, picked up one from CT for 379.99 on dec. 31 during the x40 points event.
Nov 7, 2019
57 posts
62 upvotes
GTA
justintown wrote: This was a hot deal? I didn't know it was one as I would have posted here, picked up one from CT for 379.99 on dec. 31 during the x40 points event.
That was probably the mini—this is the XL. Can confirm that 1:1 conversion loophole is gone. Shark did offer the 20% discount upon cancellation request, bringing this down to about $362 CAD all in. I'd consider this a decent deal.
Sep 24, 2020
33 posts
35 upvotes
speezy wrote: That was probably the mini—this is the XL. Can confirm that 1:1 conversion loophole is gone. Shark did offer the 20% discount upon cancellation request, bringing this down to about $362 CAD all in. I'd consider this a decent deal.

Yeah, my bad. What I bought was the mini version. My mom still loves it though.
[OP]
Sep 12, 2018
301 posts
181 upvotes
Updated the prices in title to US and the new promotion code BYE2020.
Koodo - $35/5GB
Zoomer - $40/6GB
Telus - 2x $40/25GB