Hot Deals

[Sharkclean.com] Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick vacuum (IZ140) $199.99 with free shipping & no tax (or $150 with extra work/YMMV)

[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick vacuum (IZ140) $199.99 with free shipping & no tax (or $150 with extra work/YMMV)

Deal Link:
Price:
$199.99
Expiry:
December 7, 2019
Retailer:
Sharkclean.com
shark rocket pro.JPG

I saw a thread about a lightning deal on a Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick vacuum so I thought I make this thread for anyone who is interested in a cordless stick vacuum but wasn't interested in getting (or wasn't lucky enough to get) a Dyson stick vacuum. The Shark IZ140 is in the same segment as the Dyson V series stick vacs but is a lot cheaper and has two features that arguably makes it better than the Dyson: 1) the Multi-flex feature to allow the wand to bend at various angles so it can reach under furniture, and 2) the zero-m brush head performs better at picking up hair and not getting tangled in the brush compared with other brands.

Here's how you can get the IZ140 for $199.99 or even $150 with some extra work. I'll borrow heavily from @TheGoodDealer's Shark robot vacuum's post since he has it laid out nicely on how to get the deal.

First of all, the link to the Shark Rocket Pro cordless stick vacuum (IZ140) is here: https://www.sharkclean.com/exclusive-of ... brushroll/

What is the deal?
  • For some reason shark charges Canadians the USD price but at the equivalent dollar number in CAD (ie. $249 USD = $249 CAD).
  • In addition to this, once the vacuum ships you should be refunded the tax you initially paid. You will see the tax at checkout and initial CC/paypal charge, but the final charge on your credit card/paypal will be the cost without tax (once the order ships).
  • At checkout apply coupon CYBER20 for an additional 25% off your order (bringing it down to $199.99). Coupon is valid until December 7.
  • No duties or taxes have been reported being due on delivery by Fedex, even though the product is shipped from the States.
  • Similar to what people have done over at the Shark IQ robot vacuum thread, once the item ships or after you've received the product, if you contact Shark (via Live Chat or by calling in) and tell them you've found a better deal elsewhere, or that you are thinking of buying a Dyson and returning the Shark, they may offer you an additional 20% (off the original price of $249) which works out to an additional $50 off, bringing the grand total all-in price down to $150CAD for the IZ140.
  • This Shark vacuum has a 60 day free return guarantee, plus a 5-year VIP warranty.

FAQ

Why am I getting invalid zip code error when ordering? /// Why am I getting dinged with a $25 international surcharge on checkout?
Try mobile, desktop, and an incognito session. Their checkout experience isn't consistent. You may also try the below process.
  1. Go to checkout with the vacuum
  2. Enter your coupon code
  3. Enter your address, but when you get to postal code enter 90210
  4. Enter the remaining details, phone number, billing same as shipping, and continue
  5. Should get a popup to validate address, now change it to your correct address and click retry search
  6. Use suggested address, should direct you to payment confirmation without the international surcharge.

Will I be charged taxes/duties on delivery?
I don't believe any other users from the robot vacuum thread (including myself) have been charged duties and there were many who already bought, should be very good odds of no taxes/duties.

How do I get the additional 20% off?
After your item has shipped or you've received it contact their live support during business hours here and selecting the live chat option on the lower right hand corner. Again... this is only available during business hours (PST) and you will need a reason (e.g. upcoming black friday/cyber monday deals, vacuum isn't as great as you expected, etc).

If you are interested in the Pet Pro version that has a HEPA filter and a couple more attachments (but you lose the flexible wand), you can get it for about $50 more: https://www.sharkclean.com/exclusive-of ... brushroll/

For Reference
98 replies
Oct 27, 2019
32 posts
115 upvotes
Could you checkout using PayPal? Or will it charge you in USD using PayPal
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3286 posts
968 upvotes
Wait, the prices on Sharks website are in CAD for us??

That makes these prices considerably more attractive than Dyson.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Deals4lyf wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 10:20 am
Could you checkout using PayPal? Or will it charge you in USD using PayPal
Yes, I believe you can checkout using Paypal but make sure you pick a payment in CAD within Paypal (for example, pick a Canadian credit card linked to your Paypal account).
VanceMendoza wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 10:37 am
Wait, the prices on Sharks website are in CAD for us??

That makes these prices considerably more attractive than Dyson.
Yes, that's what make this a deal. Comparably, the MSRP for the Shark rocket pro stick vac is around $330-400CAD plus tax (from a quick google on Walmart, BBB and Canadian Tire's websites). And it seems the ones sold through Canadian retailers do not have the multiflex wand.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
And for those who needs confirmation that you'll only get charged the same price in CAD and with no tax, after your order, you'll first see this on your online credit card statement (charge with tax):

pending charge (after order).PNG

Then after 1-2 days when the order ships, you'll see a corresponding refund charge appear as pending (this will offset the first charge with tax):

pending charge and refund (once item ships).PNG

Then the only charge that will remain will be the cost without tax:

final charge.PNG
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1854 posts
887 upvotes
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 10:59 am
And for those who needs confirmation that you'll only get charged the same price in CAD and with no tax, after your order, you'll first see this on your online credit card statement (charge with tax):

pending charge (after order).PNG

Then after 1-2 days when the order ships, you'll see a corresponding refund charge appear as pending (this will offset the first charge with tax):

pending charge and refund (once item ships).PNG

Then the only charge that will remain will be the cost without tax:

final charge.PNG
did you get this yet? all the reviews are shills of people receiving free vacuums from shark. I have a shark one that plugs in but my wife thinks its too heavy. we need the self cleaning head so that would be nice. not sure if I should pull the trigger or not.
Got that Zoomer account!
Dec 15, 2013
97 posts
86 upvotes
OTTAWA
Thanks OP, I'm looking at other Shark vacuums on the site too. What do people think is the best deal, the IZ140? I have no preference for cord or not, I just want a vacuum that sucks but doesnt suck.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2012
3286 posts
968 upvotes
riseagainstthemachine wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:02 pm
did you get this yet? all the reviews are shills of people receiving free vacuums from shark. I have a shark one that plugs in but my wife thinks its too heavy. we need the self cleaning head so that would be nice. not sure if I should pull the trigger or not.
I noticed this too, but even the non shill reviews seem to indicate it's decent.

Also I don't think Dyson is a stranger to this practice either, pretty sure I saw Amazon disabled Dyson reviews because of suspicious activity. Consumer Reports has not been kind to Dyson lately so...
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1854 posts
887 upvotes
VanceMendoza wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:07 pm
I noticed this too, but even the non shill reviews seem to indicate it's decent.

Also I don't think Dyson is a stranger to this practice either, pretty sure I saw Amazon disabled Dyson reviews because of suspicious activity. Consumer Reports has not been kind to Dyson lately so...
if you read the bad reviews this isnt so decent. the battery cannot be replaced, no wall mount or dock, the self cleaning brush has a flaw where it just cakes up everything at the back and doesnt actually suck it up, no LED lights ect. I actually was checking out and now I'm rethinking it. I have a shark navigator lift away which is really good but really heavy and plugs in. I also have a small handheld dustbuster type. Do I need this? ugh.
Got that Zoomer account!
Aug 15, 2012
43 posts
11 upvotes
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:11 pm
if you read the bad reviews this isnt so decent. the battery cannot be replaced, no wall mount or dock, the self cleaning brush has a flaw where it just cakes up everything at the back and doesnt actually suck it up, no LED lights ect. I actually was checking out and now I'm rethinking it. I have a shark navigator lift away which is really good but really heavy and plugs in. I also have a small handheld dustbuster type. Do I need this? ugh.
Sounds like the Ion from shark is a better fit for you. There was a deal a while back for 2 batteries and some additional accessories. Similar deal as this one, no tax and charged CAD. Might want to take a look at that one to see if it's on sale.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:02 pm
Mine will arrive tomorrow so I'll update this thread with my thoughts after I have a chance to test out the vacuum. I don't put much faith into the reviews on their sites. But I did watch this Vacuum Wars review video of all the various cordless stick vacuums during my research.

The Shark didn't do too bad and was comparable to the older generation Dysons in terms of performance.
mcnuts wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:04 pm
Thanks OP, I'm looking at other Shark vacuums on the site too. What do people think is the best deal, the IZ140? I have no preference for cord or not, I just want a vacuum that sucks but doesnt suck.
I'm coming from a central-vac system with long hoses so I might be a bit biased in preferring the cordless types. But I also bought two of the Shark IQ robot vacuums which will take care of the daily vacuuming for both floors of my house, and the goal with this cordless stick vacuum is to supplement the robots in doing the infrequent vacuuming of the corners, hard-to-reach places and stairs that the robot vacuum can't get to. So for me, runtime isn't a big issue so a cordless stick vac is perform for me. But if you are looking for a vacuum for the entire house, then I don't think a cordless stick vac will be enough unless you're willing to vacuum only one or two rooms at a time (recharging in between). You could also look into the Shark ION F80 cordless stick vacuum which also has the multiflex wand but also has swappable battery packs that gives you double the runtime, and a duoclean motorized head that performs very well on carpet and hard flooring.

https://direct.sharkclean.com/16/produc ... e/ogxxivw/
Last edited by rvs007 on Dec 3rd, 2019 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
12682 posts
4378 upvotes
Toronto, ON
rogermobile wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:18 pm
Sounds like the Ion from shark is a better fit for you. There was a deal a while back for 2 batteries and some additional accessories. Similar deal as this one, no tax and charged CAD. Might want to take a look at that one to see if it's on sale.
The deal applies to the Ion F80 as well (with the 2 batteries and bonus attachments like the one that goes under appliances). $299 minus $60 with "CYBER20" coupon code so $240 all-in. Everything else still applies (1:1 US/CAD conversion, no tax, no duties, additional 20% off once the product ships).

https://direct.sharkclean.com/16/produc ... e/ogxxivw/
Last edited by rvs007 on Dec 3rd, 2019 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
1854 posts
887 upvotes
rogermobile wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:18 pm
rvs007 wrote:
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:27 pm
The deal applies to the Ion F80 as well (with the 2 batteries and bonus attachments like the one that goes under appliances). $299 minus $60 with "CYBER20" coupon code so $240 all-in. Everything else still applies (1:1 US/CAD conversion, no tax, no duties, additional 20% off once the product ships).

https://m.sharkclean.com/16/products/sh ... e/ogxxivw/ (not sure why it loads up the mobile version of the page...)
would this one do well with hair? my wife sheds like a dog haha
Got that Zoomer account!
Aug 15, 2012
43 posts
11 upvotes
Dec 3rd, 2019 12:41 pm
would this one do well with hair? my wife sheds like a dog haha
The roller will definitely pick up hair, but you have to clean it after every use.