Expired Hot Deals

[Sharkclean.com] Shark Vertex Cordless Stick Vacuum with DuoClean PowerFins $279.99USD/$361 total CDN after codes

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 28th, 2020 1:19 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1815 posts
1003 upvotes
Durham

Shark Vertex Cordless Stick Vacuum with DuoClean PowerFins $279.99USD/$361 total CDN after codes

Deal Link:
Price:
$279.99USD
Expiry:
December 18, 2020
Retailer:
Sharkclean.com
Just ordered this new Shark Vertex online. Even after conversion, I felt it was a good deal even after the $25 international charge. Highly reviewed from some vids I saw.

There are also some promo codes. News letter additional 10% off. Or GETSHARK20 for $20 off

Using the News letter code, it came up to $361.xxCDN. Much better than the $529.99 Bed Bath and Beyond is charging lol
42 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3448 posts
4891 upvotes
BC
Sad that the 1:1 conversion rate + no tax is over. Regret not pulling the trigger.

Any recommendations for a cordless vacuum for pet hair? This one a bit too pricey for me.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2004
2962 posts
157 upvotes
Waterloo
Kkhan15 wrote: Just ordered this new Shark Vertex online. Even after conversion, I felt it was a good deal even after the $25 international charge. Highly reviewed from some vids I saw.

There are also some promo codes. News letter additional 10% off. Or GETSHARK20 for $20 off

Using the News letter code, it came up to $361.xxCDN. Much better than the $529.99 Bed Bath and Beyond is charging lol
Has it shipped yet? check your statement after it ships and report back. Shark usually adjusts it so the conversion rate ends up being 1:1.
:arrow: :arrowl:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1815 posts
1003 upvotes
Durham
peakingduck wrote: Sad that the 1:1 conversion rate + no tax is over. Regret not pulling the trigger.

Any recommendations for a cordless vacuum for pet hair? This one a bit too pricey for me.
Thats why I went with this. A few things. Pet hair, 2 girls plus wife and the no hair wrap. Also how it works on hardwood plus area rugs.
jaimonn wrote: Has it shipped yet? check your statement after it ships and report back. Shark usually adjusts it so the conversion rate ends up being 1:1.
Thanks, will keep an eye once shipped. I just ordered it.
Nov 23, 2006
331 posts
166 upvotes
Ontario
jaimonn wrote: Has it shipped yet? check your statement after it ships and report back. Shark usually adjusts it so the conversion rate ends up being 1:1.
Kkhan15 wrote: Thats why I went with this. A few things. Pet hair, 2 girls plus wife and the no hair wrap. Also how it works on hardwood plus area rugs.

Thanks, will keep an eye once shipped. I just ordered it.
I, too, am interested in whether you get converted to 1:1 in CDN. If so, I may recommend my mom return the Tineco A11 for this unit - her dog sheds a lot of long hair, and this should minimize hair tangles and also help her when transitioning between hardfloors and carpet/area rugs (she doesn't like changing the power head on the A11, currently).
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3448 posts
4891 upvotes
BC
I swore I saw a comment in another thread saying they fixed it. If they didn't then I'll probably pick this up.
Kkhan15 wrote: Thats why I went with this. A few things. Pet hair, 2 girls plus wife and the no hair wrap. Also how it works on hardwood plus area rugs.
If you don't have one already I recommend getting a robot vacuum to run on a schedule. I picked up the neato and it's ridiculous how much stuff it picks up. I have two long haired breeds in my household too - gf and golden retriever haha.
Oct 5, 2010
100 posts
63 upvotes
Brampton
I was waiting for this model to go on sale and hoping that they don't fix the 1:1 conversion. However, I read some reviews on the shark site and if you filter out the promotional reviews, it doesn't look very promising. If you can't get 1:1 conversion, I don't think its worth it anymore.
Jan 14, 2018
44 posts
18 upvotes
I ordered one of these when they first became available. We have a golden retriever and a cat, both of which shed like I have never seen.
I will say I am pretty pleased with it.

The stated battery life is a tad misleading (60 minutes) as that applies only when it's in hand-held mode (no brush nozzle) but that's the case with all of these cordless units. I did research this claim before ordering but did not see it stated anywhere that it was for hand held mode only...but alas, it is.

The battery DOES last long enough for me to do our entire two level house so it's a non-issue for me at this point.
The bending neck feature works awesome for getting under beds, couches, etc...

I found I was using the turbo function all the time as I felt like I needed to but now that I've gotten used to it being pretty quiet, I just use it in normal mode and it does an excellent job of cleaning and lasts much longer.

These are so great for cleanups. Vacuuming is no longer an event and now can be quite quick, which is great!

I had some issues when I was trying to order so I called them and their customer service was stellar.

I believe my order was converted to CAN at 1:1 but they did add on an international charge for not being a USA customer.
Jan 29, 2015
25 posts
4 upvotes
Toronto
The 1:1 conversion rate is over. I had recently purchased the Shark IQ Robot Vacuum and the product has been shipped and my credit card shows I was charged a conversion rate.
Dec 18, 2017
144 posts
78 upvotes
RiteshP379 wrote: The 1:1 conversion rate is over. I had recently purchased the Shark IQ Robot Vacuum and the product has been shipped and my credit card shows I was charged a conversion rate.
did you also pay the $25 fee?
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13855 posts
5424 upvotes
Toronto, ON
The adjustment when the item ships is usually to remove the tax. But if the OP got charged in USD$ on the credit card instead of CAD$, then it means Shark has fixed their system.
Aug 20, 2008
97 posts
44 upvotes
Montreal
rvs007 wrote: The adjustment when the item ships is usually to remove the tax. But if the OP got charged in USD$ on the credit card instead of CAD$, then it means Shark has fixed their system.
Paypal $284.99 USD for me
Jan 7, 2017
30 posts
4 upvotes
I, like everyone else here was afraid about a sneaky conversion rate or something. I needed a few accessories for my rocket pet pro and they had the promo for %15 off during Black Friday. I bit. I bought 3 accessories, accepted the $20 for international Shipping, and waited to see when I would be charged for conversion (I was willing to take the gamble). They didn't charge me for conversion, in fact, for some reason they even discounted it further by removing the tax..

TLDR - bought a few accessories, price wasn't converted (in the site or after the fact), tax was also removed as added bonus.

Also I think this is a great deal just for the vacuum and accessories alone. I love the Rocket Pet Pro
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1815 posts
1003 upvotes
Durham
rvs007 wrote: The adjustment when the item ships is usually to remove the tax. But if the OP got charged in USD$ on the credit card instead of CAD$, then it means Shark has fixed their system.
My CC is showing a $360cdn charge. It has not shipped yet. But to me it is still a good price considering the ridiculous mark up locally.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1815 posts
1003 upvotes
Durham
MrOnizuka wrote: I was waiting for this model to go on sale and hoping that they don't fix the 1:1 conversion. However, I read some reviews on the shark site and if you filter out the promotional reviews, it doesn't look very promising. If you can't get 1:1 conversion, I don't think its worth it anymore.
Take a look at some actual YouTube reviews. I never bother with the website ones. People really like this over high end Dyson (not V7’s/V8’s) at a much lower cost.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10994 posts
1165 upvotes
Squamish
I totally wanted this! But what awkward timing!

I want to return my rocket pet pro, but I also just got the tineco a11 master+.

I will say about the them:

- The tineco brush doesn't seem to agitate carpet quite as much as the shark, but suction seems better
- The tineco is totally quieter
- The shark absolutely handles hair better
- Nice attachments for tineco, but omg too many? I really like the idea of the shark's duoclean - one brush you can leave on most of the time!
- Really like the tineco's smaller power brush for my carpeted stairs. I think Shark has this... at extra cost?
- The flexible hose for the tineco is quite nice for dusting! Easy to get around things and hold it very naturally while holding the power unit/bin in other hand
- The "on lock" switch on the tineco is quite nice. I don't understand why almost all other vacuums seem to be press+hold to use

Such a new debate now... get this + return the tineco, or keep the tineco....
Aug 26, 2012
246 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
Please keep us posted on what the final amount is. Price seems decent since they didn't discount this during BF sale.

I've been wanting a cordless vacuum with "Zero M" (they now rebranded it to "power fin"), and they finally came out with this model but price point is a bit high. I got a regular cordless Shark vacuum back when they had the 1:1 conversion, it's great except for hair wrapping which this vacuum fixes.

For reviews check out this guy, he does a lot of comparisons of different vacuums:
Oct 1, 2019
17 posts
4 upvotes
It’s confirmed that the 1:1 conversion is gone. Ordered some products last month and got charged full amount in USD and $25 international charge. Spoke with customer service and the guy said that conversion deal is officially cancelled.
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13855 posts
5424 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Cgcgcg19 wrote: It’s confirmed that the 1:1 conversion is gone. Ordered some products last month and got charged full amount in USD and $25 international charge. Spoke with customer service and the guy said that conversion deal is officially cancelled.
lol... didn't think it was an official deal... more of a loophole or bug in their system that they weren't in a hurry to fix.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3448 posts
4891 upvotes
BC
frango wrote:
TLDR - bought a few accessories, price wasn't converted (in the site or after the fact), tax was also removed as added bonus.

Also I think this is a great deal just for the vacuum and accessories alone. I love the Rocket Pet Pro
Odd, others are reporting that they were charged conversion but your order was pretty recent. Maybe because it was accessories? Wish I got the pet pro.