Expired Hot Deals

SharkClean.com up to $150 discount

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 5:16 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 12, 2020
11 posts
18 upvotes

SharkClean.com up to $150 discount

Deal Link:
Expiry:
July 18, 2020
Great opportunity for people (like me) who missed the Father's day deal. As mentioned before in other threads, it seems like Shark is still charging the price Canadian dollars (no conversion).

Bought the Shark IQ yesterday using the $150 OFF code (NOHAIR150) , and my credit card is showing a 471.87 at the moment (450 + taxes). Comments in older threads also mention the taxes getting removed after shipping (Will update if this happens)

[EDIT on July 18] Quick update: My order was shipped a couple of days ago and the charge on my credit card was revised. As other people mentioned in previous threads, the tax was removed, bringing the price down to $449,40
Last edited by GentlemanDemon on Jul 18th, 2020 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
46 replies
Member
Dec 4, 2017
394 posts
502 upvotes
Whitby
Do you know if the mapping issues were solved in robot models?
Member
Jan 14, 2012
316 posts
287 upvotes
MrMello wrote: Do you know if the mapping issues were solved in robot models?
I bought one from the original deal that popped up on here and am very happy with it. But you should definitely just pretend the map feature doesn't exist. I've tried it on a few occasions to just clean a part of my floor and it really didn't stick to the area defined. The robot functions extremely well for the price otherwise, we are very happy with it. Upgraded from a neato botvac for some more context.
Newbie
Jul 5, 2018
28 posts
13 upvotes
Darn - I just did this a couple weeks ago with a $120 coupon. On the plus side, the site did still charge in Cad, they didn't charge shipping (you have to do the US postal code hack), and I didn't get charged tax. Then I called in and got 20% off. All in, $360 - not bad at all, but I could have reduced the price by an extra $30 now. Oh well.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
2025 posts
1355 upvotes
Just to be clear, all of the discounts are in the $40 - $60 off range for a selection of 10 of their vacuums. Only the Shark IQ Robot Vacuum R101AEW is $150 off.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jul 21, 2005
3208 posts
1175 upvotes
Lévis
I'm going to give mine. Bough a Roborock s5max not long after the shark and one of the Roborock pros is the software. An example: they greatly improved the multilevel function so I don't need the shark anymore. I'll just use the roborock which is much better IMHO (I know, price are not the same). Like I said, the shark is a great vaccum if you can have it at a good price. But I have a hard time recommanding it because of the software which is average at best (with realistic expectations) and rarely updated.

That being said, I think Shark have a 90 days returm policy.
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Jul 28th, 2020 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1820 posts
457 upvotes
amirfk12 wrote: Darn - I just did this a couple weeks ago with a $120 coupon. On the plus side, the site did still charge in Cad, they didn't charge shipping (you have to do the US postal code hack), and I didn't get charged tax. Then I called in and got 20% off. All in, $360 - not bad at all, but I could have reduced the price by an extra $30 now. Oh well.
How do we use the US postal code hack?
Newbie
Jul 5, 2018
28 posts
13 upvotes
bobor wrote: How do we use the US postal code hack?

Taken from a different thread on rfd: Put in your address, but use a zip code like 90210 and press enter. Then on the resulting popup window enter your correct address and click on the 'retry search' link to have it verify your address.
Member
Dec 4, 2017
394 posts
502 upvotes
Whitby
SPARTACVS wrote: I'm going to give mine. Baugh a Roborock s5max not long after the shark and one of the Roborock pros is the software. An example: they greatly improved the multilevel function so I don't need the shark anymore. I'll just use the roborock which is much better IMHO (price are not the same taugh). Like I said, the shark is a great vaccum if you can have it at a good price. But I have a hard time recommanding it because of the software which is average at best (with realistc expectations) and rarely updated.

That being said, I think Shark have a 90 days returm policy.

Roborock S5 Max is the one I was looking far, but it's hard to find in a reasonable price (less than $800 at least).
Otherwise I may go with 2 Sharks.
Where you find yours?
Member
Jan 6, 2008
338 posts
148 upvotes
ontario
Thanks OP. Looking for one of these for my son who just moved into his own place. Actually, was all in for the Apex Uplight until I discovered it does not have a switch to lower speed for hardwood floors, like many other models do. So, will likely go for the Apex Stick duoclean

Can anyone confirm that 1) they continue to charge 1:1 in Cdn dollars; and 2) taxes are removed at some point?

To pay and ensure Cdn $ charge, do I need to use a Cdn$ credit card or some other form of payment?

Thx in advance.
Newbie
Nov 17, 2018
85 posts
91 upvotes
amirfk12 wrote: Darn - I just did this a couple weeks ago with a $120 coupon. On the plus side, the site did still charge in Cad, they didn't charge shipping (you have to do the US postal code hack), and I didn't get charged tax. Then I called in and got 20% off. All in, $360 - not bad at all, but I could have reduced the price by an extra $30 now. Oh well.
Any advice on how to be successful with this approach? How long between ordering and messaging about the cancellation? I'd definitely pay $360 for it as opposed to $500
.
Newbie
Mar 28, 2016
22 posts
16 upvotes
Trying to check out and I'm getting an international surcharge of $25 being added. Anyone else getting this too? Any way to avoid this charge?

EDIT: NVM. Somehow I think i just went to "edit order" and deleted the international surcharge. It let me. lol. I'll update if it comes back.
Newbie
Jul 5, 2018
28 posts
13 upvotes
luck11 wrote: Thanks OP. Looking for one of these for my son who just moved into his own place. Actually, was all in for the Apex Uplight until I discovered it does not have a switch to lower speed for hardwood floors, like many other models do. So, will likely go for the Apex Stick duoclean

Can anyone confirm that 1) they continue to charge 1:1 in Cdn dollars; and 2) taxes are removed at some point?

To pay and ensure Cdn $ charge, do I need to use a Cdn$ credit card or some other form of payment?

Thx in advance.
As of 2 weeks ago, yes it's CAD, and yes taxes come off. I used Canadian credit card on the website.
Newbie
Jul 5, 2018
28 posts
13 upvotes
NiHaoLeo wrote: Any advice on how to be successful with this approach? How long between ordering and messaging about the cancellation? I'd definitely pay $360 for it as opposed to $500
.
I actually did it twice.

The first time I thought I was smart - calling in the order had a better promo than online, but they DID end up charging USD for that. Before I knew that, I called in complaining about the price and got 20% off.

On my second purchase, from the website, everything worked as it was supposed to. I waited until I had the robot, ran it once, found a couple things to nitpick about, and said for a robot at this price point, I expected better. He offered me a return, or, if I would be satisfied to keep it at a lower price point, he'd give me 20% off ($119). I very generously accepted the latter.
Member
Oct 17, 2012
304 posts
593 upvotes
Also bought this some time ago and I agree that you should pretend the mapping doesn't exist. It's also quite slow as it takes 1.5-2x slower than my Roborock S5 does. It's also not very consistent with cleaning times as it can vary by 15 minutes (sometimes more but very rarely) each time. The one advantage though is that you don't really have to maintain the robot. Dust bin auto-empty is really nice and the brush roll is easy to clean. Also I'll mention the vacuum is really strong and the climbing ability is very good. The battery though is not that big and is usually not able to clean 50 square metres in MAX mode. I have to put it to normal mode (there's also Eco mode) for consistency but to be fair it does have recharge and resume but I've never tried that because I want the cleaning done in one go. The vacuum is still strong though in normal mode but just for comparison, the Roborock S5 does that same space on max mode with around 60% battery left. Another downside to the Shark that worth mentioning is that it needs some light to function as it uses a camera whereas my Roborock S5 uses lidar.

Overall I like robot. Just forget that the robot can do any mapping, accept that it'll be quite slow, and that it can't work in pitch black and it's an amazing robot. If you need mapping this is not the robot for you.
Last edited by Crackass on Jul 15th, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jan 9, 2003
507 posts
318 upvotes
Ajax
I've ordered twice and never used this hack just my CDN address. Both times I was not charged tax or shipping, and I was charged the US discounted price in CDN $.
amirfk12 wrote: Taken from a different thread on rfd: Put in your address, but use a zip code like 90210 and press enter. Then on the resulting popup window enter your correct address and click on the 'retry search' link to have it verify your address.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1726 posts
752 upvotes
There’s lots of good advice in this thread. The only other thing I’d add is that if you can’t check out of if you’re getting hit with a surcharge, try different browsers. I was never able to get chrome or edge on my pc to work to place an order, finally I ordered on safari on my iPhone and it worked the first try.

(No surcharge, 1:1 usd cad, no shipping charge, no taxes)
Newbie
Nov 17, 2018
85 posts
91 upvotes
funnypanks wrote: There’s lots of good advice in this thread. The only other thing I’d add is that if you can’t check out of if you’re getting hit with a surcharge, try different browsers. I was never able to get chrome or edge on my pc to work to place an order, finally I ordered on safari on my iPhone and it worked the first try.

(No surcharge, 1:1 usd cad, no shipping charge, no taxes)
Tried the Safari work around but got taxed.

Also tried on OSX with Firefox and Chrome and same result.
Images
  • IMG_0140.PNG
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2007
1726 posts
752 upvotes
NiHaoLeo wrote: Tried the Safari work around but got taxed.

Also tried on OSX with Firefox and Chrome and same result.
Tax appears when you checkout and pay. But when it ships, the charge on your card revises to the price without tax.

For instance when I ordered something that was $221, the initial charge on my card was $260 then when it shipped a few days later, it revised to $221
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2005
4440 posts
869 upvotes
Edmonton
Ordered last time. No hack or tricks. Simple straight forward. The initial invoice showed taxes. Final charge and invoice did not. No conversion or fees either. Appears shark might have its own clearing system for the boarder as it had a different label.

The shark corded duo really does suck!
Heatware
The difference between wanting and needing is how you justify it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)