Expired Hot Deals

SharkSpace Web Hosting 50% Off for Life!!!

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2009 3:23 pm
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
380 posts
15 upvotes

SharkSpace Web Hosting 50% Off for Life!!!

Well found another great deal on hosting...
SharkSpace web hosting (seems to have good reviews on WHT) 50% off on its Hammerhead and Great White packages for the life of the account. This seems like a very good deal!!! For only $5 a month (hammerhead).

Sharkspace
Use for the web hosting package hammerhead or great white.
When asked for coupon code use "50offlife".

:D
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2875 posts
377 upvotes
Referral link, you click, and it sends you through another site called crossdoom first, which adds the referral link.

Can we please ban morons who ignore the rules?
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
380 posts
15 upvotes
komal wrote: Referral link, you click, and it sends you through another site called crossdoom first, which adds the referral link.

Can we please ban morons who ignore the rules?
Sorry... never knew found on another site... updated now. ;)
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2875 posts
377 upvotes
Kalvster wrote: Sorry... never knew found on another site... updated now. ;)
Doubtful, google searching the site name turns up squat, whois shows its details are hidden.

But you removed the link, and thats what counts, so thank you.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2007
1234 posts
863 upvotes
not to mention they spelt Bi-annually wrong
Jun 17, 2003
724 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto
lessons I've learned about hosting:
- always look for up-to-date reviews/opinions on webhostingtalk.com before choosing a host; and
- always assume that a webhost that is good+cheap today won't be good in 2-4 years.
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2004
2875 posts
377 upvotes
I'll add a couple of things since the OP left out important details.

First, this coupon can only be applied to Sharkspace's 2 more expensive options, not the cheapest option.

Second, and I do not know if this is specific to their cheapest plan, or is required for all their plans, but you must have a domain name in order to sign up for hosting.
When looking at their cheapest plan, it asked me during signup if I would be registering a new doman or moving an already registered one.

There are plenty of features here, but the web hosting at sharkspace isn't exactly cheap.
Apr 8, 2007
674 posts
3 upvotes
good lookin out
Save 20% off Karmaloop.com with repcode HN15448
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2004
1537 posts
529 upvotes
Toronto
this company is actually really good. They're one of those rare hidden gems.

I've used them for a client before. Their tech support guys knows their stuff unlike most hosting companies out there. Also they reply within 10mins to e-mail.

They've been around for ages so they aren't exactly new to the business.

If only they didn't have such an ugly ass website and dumb name...
Feb 2, 2004
336 posts
21 upvotes
Good Hosting companies usually have a Forum as well, because they are not afraid of customers posting bad reviews and comments from bad service.
[OP]
Nov 4, 2008
380 posts
15 upvotes
komal wrote: Doubtful, google searching the site name turns up squat, whois shows its details are hidden.

But you removed the link, and thats what counts, so thank you.
No problem, last checked, the other site where i got it from removed the link too. :razz:
craeyon wrote: not to mention they spelt Bi-annually wrong
biannually- twice per year
biennially - every two years
andjules wrote: lessons I've learned about hosting:
- always look for up-to-date reviews/opinions on webhostingtalk.com before choosing a host; and
- always assume that a webhost that is good+cheap today won't be good in 2-4 years.
I suggest paying monthly, in case the host runs, you won't lose as much money. ;)
komal wrote: I'll add a couple of things since the OP left out important details.

First, this coupon can only be applied to Sharkspace's 2 more expensive options, not the cheapest option.

Second, and I do not know if this is specific to their cheapest plan, or is required for all their plans, but you must have a domain name in order to sign up for hosting.
When looking at their cheapest plan, it asked me during signup if I would be registering a new doman or moving an already registered one.

There are plenty of features here, but the web hosting at sharkspace isn't exactly cheap.
There's an option where you can update your own nameservers. I mentioned "Hammerhead and Great White packages."
td0t0 wrote: good lookin out
:)
nightwalker wrote: this company is actually really good. They're one of those rare hidden gems.

I've used them for a client before. Their tech support guys knows their stuff unlike most hosting companies out there. Also they reply within 10mins to e-mail.

They've been around for ages so they aren't exactly new to the business.

If only they didn't have such an ugly ass website and dumb name...
Yes, their marketing and design could be better, but nonetheless, spoken with sales, they're seem pretty good.
tal65 wrote: Good Hosting companies usually have a Forum as well, because they are not afraid of customers posting bad reviews and comments from bad service.
This can be not necessarily true, some bad reviews may be because of customers messing up their own site and blaming their host for the big woop. :|
nightwalker wrote: users on webhostingtalk.com's forum recommends them as well, so it is legit
I concur. :D
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3674 posts
1959 upvotes
Ontario
squid wrote: http://www.webhostingpad.com/

has a sale on this weekend too.

Anyone tried them? Which place is better?
A cursory searching of this company didn't turn up very many favourable reviews. The reviews I did find were complaints about downtime, lack of backups, lousy support, poor throughput and billing issues.

Unlimited everything for $3 a month is an excellent price, but clearly you're not going to get top quality for that.

I, myself, am looking for a host that is cheap. While disk space would be a concern, bandwidth isn't going to be a big issue. Multiple domains hosted would be nice.
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!