Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3065 posts
1210 upvotes
Windsor

Shaving Legs; What Faucet Type?

The GF shaves her legs in the tub, and I hear the bang-bang of the tub faucet turning on and off, and it's both annoying, and probably not the best for the faucet.

My tub is the typical setup; turn on the water, press the little button and water goes up to the showerhead (we have the showerhead with hose setup what for blasting the undercarriage I suppose). I was wondering, does everyone do this the way my GF does? It seems, to me, like there should be a bypass up at the showerhead, and you could have something like the sink sprayer that you could press with your hand and turn the water on and off, or something to this effect.

I realise I'm probably overthinking this, but it seems like there must be a solution to this "problem" that isn't simply shaving with the water running for 20 minutes. Google seems to get me nowhere. We only have the tub.
One who is offended by truth, has no place among those who seek wisdom.
14 replies
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35153 posts
8560 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I think the best thing to do is have her change the way she shaves.

Why not fill the tub so that she can sit in it with her legs submerged in the water?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
7647 posts
4563 upvotes
Mississauga
Lol at "blasting the undercarriage".
Aug 23, 2007
154 posts
69 upvotes
London
Put a flow control valve in line with the showerhead so it can be left running on very low flow rate?
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
17671 posts
5753 upvotes
London
ampersand38 wrote: Put a flow control valve in line with the showerhead so it can be left running on very low flow rate?

+1, there are little valves that screw inline between the shower head and the hose. You can shut the flow off at the head, it doesn't affect the main diverter valve

The little inline valves cost about $10 and can be found at any big box store

Deal Guru
Jan 25, 2007
11452 posts
6636 upvotes
Paris
l69norm wrote: +1, there are little valves that screw inline between the shower head and the hose. You can shut the flow off at the head, it doesn't affect the main diverter valve

The little inline valves cost about $10 and can be found at any big box store

I did this exact thing for the wife but Lowes does not carry one. In fact the two times I have bought one in the last ten years they looked at me like I have a lobster on my head.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3065 posts
1210 upvotes
Windsor
Gee wrote: I think the best thing to do is have her change the way she shaves.

Why not fill the tub so that she can sit in it with her legs submerged in the water?
I ran it by her, and thought about it myself. It's wasteful, takes a lot of time to fill the tub, and baths are disgusting, especially if you're shaving tiny pieces of hair into the water.
ampersand38 wrote: Put a flow control valve in line with the showerhead so it can be left running on very low flow rate?
I'm an idiot" my showerhead actually has this feature, and I forgot it was even there. When I bought it, I was wondering what the purpose of it was ... maybe this is it. Ill see if that makes more sense, but I'll probably need to source a longer hose,
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2006
12652 posts
7315 upvotes
Brampton
Try waxing instead?

Jk

Try using a basin/basket just for shaving?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2010
3065 posts
1210 upvotes
Windsor
jackrabbit000 wrote: This is something like what we have. Ours is like a "T" and has the shower hose bypass connection out the side. Turn it 90 deg and its on the hand sprayer all the time. Turn it back straight for the shower. I think this one is just on/off.
I think this is what I was imagining, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Do you know where you might've found it, or what it's called?
mau_mau wrote: Get a new gf
You mean, get a GF that doesn't shave her legs? I'm nowhere near stupid enough to drop someone because she shaves her legs.
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
3194 posts
1831 upvotes
Mississauga
ChubChub wrote: I think this is what I was imagining, but I couldn't find it anywhere. Do you know where you might've found it, or what it's called?

You mean, get a GF that doesn't shave her legs? I'm nowhere near stupid enough to drop someone because she shaves her legs.
Dec 11, 2008
355 posts
81 upvotes
Ottawa
Laser hair removal? Seriously the BEST money I have ever spent. Not exaggerating one bit.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
35153 posts
8560 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
ChubChub wrote: I ran it by her, and thought about it myself. It's wasteful, takes a lot of time to fill the tub, and baths are disgusting, especially if you're shaving tiny pieces of hair into the water.
You don't need to fill the tub. Just enough to submerge her legs. Usually 4" is sufficient.
Aug 18, 2014
602 posts
383 upvotes
Markham, ON
just tell her to do it out in the lawn with the garden hose...

Trigger switch on & off.
EZ + save water & electricity (no need for hotwater)