Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] 2YRS Internet 300 ($50) + $250 credits is back! 【Hotish】Ends on March 31st

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2019 8:57 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6761 posts
35319 upvotes

[Shaw] 2YRS Internet 300 ($50) + $250 credits is back! 【Hotish】Ends on March 31st

Mods Warning: No asking for PM. Directly and indirectly.

Previous deal = $45/ month + $250 credits

Just got an update from my Shaw rep. Try going to your nearest Shaw location or any Shaw kiosk

Any "NEW" customers can get this offer:

2 Years = $50/month + $250 credits
  • Up to 300 Mbps† download speed
  • Up to 15 Mbps† upload speed
  • Unlimited data transfer
  • Advanced WiFi modem rental∇
  • Access to Shaw Go WiFi (Up to 10 devices)

For existing customers:

Go to the store and sign up with a different name. You are allowed to have 2 internet services in 1 address.
Don't tell them you are going to cancel the current Shaw service. Cancel it 3 days after your new installation. This is to prevent the system from red flagging your account.
It requires at least 48 hours before your account is removed in their system.

Living in a house
tenant or auntie living on the 1st or 2nd floor so we need to split the internet

Living in an apartment
I don't live there anymore with my roommate(s) so he or she will need to sign up.

Note:
  • Might not be able to get it via instore or live chat. (happened to the previous promo)
  • $250 credits will apply on your first bill
  • Price will not change after April 2019. Shaw has a price guarantee program.
The Value Plan Rate Guarantee covers the main services, but doesn't apply to add-ons. For example, if you have a cable package, any extra channel packs may be subject to rate adjustments, so that's why the contract is worded that way.

Website Deal = Expensive.
https://www.shaw.ca/offers/
Cannot find this promo even opening in Incognito mode + changed IP

Shaw doesn't do credit checks like Telus. All they need is:

They require
  1. Full Name
  2. Address
  3. Contact Number
  4. Email
  5. Schedule your installation (usually within 4 days) or self install kit = go to the store and pick it up
They don't need any credit cards or driver license info.

If you have Telus Fibre in your area, I suggest you go with Telus instead.

Cisco & Hitron modem = Up to 300mbps
XB6 modem = Up to 600mbps

Cancellation Fee = $15 per remaining months
Images
  • shaw.jpg
  • shaw $50.jpg
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Mar 31st, 2019 4:41 pm, edited 6 times in total.
159 replies
Aug 12, 2010
489 posts
271 upvotes
I got this back in Feb, this is a great deal!
Zoomer $36 Plan Loyal
Mar 21, 2005
66 posts
13 upvotes
Thunder Bay
Online chat said this offer was no longer valid. They offered me $50 / month for year 1 and $70 / month for year 2, or $60 / month for two years. Both offers included the $250 bill credit. Going to try in store to see if I can get this plan.
Dec 12, 2012
307 posts
532 upvotes
Shaw is really pushing these new client promos. Are they about to release their quarterly earnings or just a fight for new contracts vs Telus pure fiber.
Jan 3, 2018
87 posts
37 upvotes
Not a good deal...as mentioned in OP...last month it was $45 per month + $250 credit. Existing Telus customers were also getting this offer matched with Shaw. I know because I was one of them !!!
Just ask the question...don't worry what people will think...they are the same idiots who made you ask this question !!!
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2391 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
what are the $250 credits good for? ie: how do they get used?
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3173 posts
2391 upvotes
Abbotsford, B.C.
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 1:36 pm
To your monthly bill. You don’t have to pay for the first 4 months
cool, so that makes the deal about $40/month after credits (for the 2 year contract)
shorter of breath and one day closer to death
Mar 22, 2018
211 posts
195 upvotes
Canada
A couple questions:
When going to the Shaw Store, do we simply reference that we heard about the 2 Year 300, $50 deal with $250 credits? And for payment, if using your "2nd name" or your "siblings name" can we use the same credit card for recurring billing if the name doesn't match - this seems a bit risky no? And do you need to use an alternate phone number to the one currently being used as well? Is any of this considered fraud or unethical? And lastly, can we just use a company business name as first and last name?
Aug 21, 2016
117 posts
70 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Thatdealguy wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 1:36 pm
To your monthly bill. You don’t have to pay for the first 4 months
First Five you mean.

I would've signed up, but I hate Shaw and don't want anything to do with them, some crazy experiences, within the first year I was with them:
  • I signed up with them in April 2017 for $60/mo (no-contract), they offered the TV for free, I said I did not watch TV, the rep was like, it is for free, take it or leave it. I just the got the box and forgot about it, a couple months later I saw RFDers getting the same internet without TV for $50, I called up and they said the extra $10 is for TV, I said I did not watch TV, they asked me to return the box and they knocked of $10 off my bill.
  • They also have some really crazy accounting problems. In June 2017, they charged my card for a bill for August-September 2017. I removed the auto-billing, In July I received a bill for October-November 2017. They will keep on charging you 2 months at a time, this can go into future months or years (I hate this.) I started paying monthly, irrespective of what the bill said.
  • During the one year I was with them, the increased the bill by $5, at least 3 times.
  • In May 2018, they started billing me $140/month, I was caught off-guard and called up, the rep told me my $75/month discount promo expired in April. I tried to argue that I was offered $60 initially without any t&c, this was valid till I had the connection, the rep told me they made it 1 year later. This was the final straw, paid off whatever I was left with and got rid of them.
Now I am with cannet, they lease shaw's network, they sent me a similar router to shaw, I plugged into the same exact cable and I was online in no time, $63/month all-in 150mbps, no-bs. Shaw sent me a couple of letters that I overpaid by $52 and some change, but said nothing about how to get it back, prolly getting back with them (which I am not going to do)

Just my 2cents.
Jul 19, 2018
4 posts
Did anyone get this offer? I just ordered 50/month 1st year and 70/month 2nd year plus 250 credit yesterday! ... I'm going to argue with them
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6761 posts
35319 upvotes
funtastic wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 1:58 pm
A couple questions:
When going to the Shaw Store, do we simply reference that we heard about the 2 Year 300, $50 deal with $250 credits? And for payment, if using your "2nd name" or your "siblings name" can we use the same credit card for recurring billing if the name doesn't match - this seems a bit risky no? And do you need to use an alternate phone number to the one currently being used as well? Is any of this considered fraud or unethical? And lastly, can we just use a company business name as first and last name?

Don’t say heard. Just say a friend got it at another location.

You can use the same cc to pay. U set that up later when you register your new online account.

Previous shaw email can be transferred to the new account.

Better to use another number since you are switching to another person’s name. Doesn’t make sense if it’s still under your contact number.

Is it unethical? That’s depends on you. Shaw offers nothing to existing customers. Even after 10+ years with them.

A friend who works at Shaw retention said. They can offer the same promo to existing customers depends on the tenure but without any credits.
Need to be at least 3 years with them. Contact the Chinese customer service line to get the deal for existing customers.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
6761 posts
35319 upvotes
angryhusky wrote:
Mar 25th, 2019 2:56 pm
Did anyone get this offer? I just ordered 50/month 1st year and 70/month 2nd year plus 250 credit yesterday! ... I'm going to argue with them
If they don’t offer it, Cancle it and find another rep.