• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2020 2:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 31, 2006
1480 posts
82 upvotes

[Shaw] Boxing week deals

This is not as hot as the black Friday deal at all!

But, this is a better deal than paying normal price for those that have renewals coming up very soon.

BlueCurve Total Internet 300 + Total TV for $99 a month on 2 yr deal.

- heard they can throw in home phone for free for those that still have or want a landline.

I was told it's technically for new customers only.
And, that on boxing day itself there may be further discounts presented.

If you get a better deal or further credits please post and let others know.

Looking to renew myself still too.
Search GamerzPlace on google for your gaming needs
61 replies
May 2, 2017
479 posts
745 upvotes
I thought this is a pretty good deal. The BF deal i got was 89 for 12mo, regular 130 after?
Edit: this present deal has 200 credit, the BF had 300. If my calcs were correct, the former is cheaper by around 10/mo.
Nov 16, 2016
705 posts
614 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
This is a fine deal - thanks OP
The Biggest of the Big has arrived!
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2004
1642 posts
659 upvotes
Just so people can compare, BF deal I was offered was $69/$119 with $400 bill credit for internet 300 and total tv and home phone.
:arrowu: :arrowu: :arrowd: :arrowd: :arrowl: :arrow: :arrowl: :arrow: B A
Dec 18, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
doctorgonzo wrote: Just so people can compare, BF deal I was offered was $69/$119 with $400 bill credit for internet 300 and total tv and home phone.
Now that's an offer I would be tempted to switch over!
Jun 7, 2017
112 posts
90 upvotes
Anyone know if it is possible to get this if you are a current Shaw Customer? My 2 year contract ran out...
Jan 1, 2014
19 posts
7 upvotes
CHILLIWACK
DavidA511606 wrote: Anyone know if it is possible to get this if you are a current Shaw Customer? My 2 year contract ran out...
Best to call in. I’ve trie unsuccessfully a few times lately. Haven’t been offered anything better than $150 a month
Jun 17, 2006
488 posts
224 upvotes
Calgary
Grumpyone wrote: Best to call in. I’ve trie unsuccessfully a few times lately. Haven’t been offered anything better than $150 a month
Same - just tried this on chat, they offered me around $150. I feel like I have bad luck on these retention deals.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Jun 18, 2008
350 posts
107 upvotes
Calgary
Unless you are really lucky, you will not get better deal by just calling and asking for it. You have to be ready to walk away from the service. That's why they are called "retention" department (they want to "retain" you as a customer).

I find that most successful approach is to research and find alternative that you are willing to switch to. Once you decide on it, then you give them a call and tell that you want to cancel part or all of your service. They will transfer you to retention department and that's where magic happens, if it happens. When they know you are willing to walk away they have incentive to offer good deal to stay.
Jan 1, 2014
19 posts
7 upvotes
CHILLIWACK
753951 wrote: Unless you are really lucky, you will not get better deal by just calling and asking for it. You have to be ready to walk away from the service. That's why they are called "retention" department (they want to "retain" you as a customer).

I find that most successful approach is to research and find alternative that you are willing to switch to. Once you decide on it, then you give them a call and tell that you want to cancel part or all of your service. They will transfer you to retention department and that's where magic happens, if it happens. When they know you are willing to walk away they have incentive to offer good deal to stay.
Tried that today and got no further. They aren't too willing to deal this year
Aug 24, 2006
938 posts
421 upvotes
Grumpyone wrote: Tried that today and got no further. They aren't too willing to deal this year
so did you cancel??
last time i did i wasnt offered a deal till i actually was basically finishing cancelling..

It also kinda depends on the time you call, end of each of there quarters they tend to try to keep numbers up as much as possible..

with that being said.. if you are just using internet with shaw.. id just switch to can-com and not worry any longer about silly promos. (though they do offer TV and phone as well.. i dont think they have as much selection for tv)
They are the best to consider for the west province

For anyone who wishes to signup with can-com.. if you DONT have a activee shaw connection i suggest you allow 30 days for install as the install is done by shaw and ofcores they care less about 3rd party providers..
May 27, 2010
48 posts
32 upvotes
if i wanted to switch to Can-com and already have Shaw is it instant? Anyone else using Can-com that can comment on the service (once you have it)?
bryceton wrote: so did you cancel??
last time i did i wasnt offered a deal till i actually was basically finishing cancelling..

It also kinda depends on the time you call, end of each of there quarters they tend to try to keep numbers up as much as possible..

with that being said.. if you are just using internet with shaw.. id just switch to can-com and not worry any longer about silly promos. (though they do offer TV and phone as well.. i dont think they have as much selection for tv)
They are the best to consider for the west province

For anyone who wishes to signup with can-com.. if you DONT have a activee shaw connection i suggest you allow 30 days for install as the install is done by shaw and ofcores they care less about 3rd party providers..
Aug 24, 2006
938 posts
421 upvotes
Mys73ri0 wrote: if i wanted to switch to Can-com and already have Shaw is it instant? Anyone else using Can-com that can comment on the service (once you have it)?
They can make the switch fairly quickly they will mail you the modem could switch in about a week?
if you already had shaw just hook up the modem and your good to go. If you want you could wait till you get modem install it and then phone to cancel shaw as they no longer require any notice if your not in contract
* can-com modem doesnt include wifi so you will need to get a wireless router

They are no contracts, no hidden fees, long term pricing
support is handled in Williams Lake from native english speakers.

theres a few other options in the 3rd party internet market but due to there policys and support can-com is certainly the best.

ciktel is another example but there support is horrible unless you speak chinese.. and there pricing doesnt work out as good as they do 2 year only promo pricing..
Deal Addict
Sep 20, 2006
1535 posts
516 upvotes
Winnipeg
harryt wrote: This is not as hot as the black Friday deal at all!

But, this is a better deal than paying normal price for those that have renewals coming up very soon.

BlueCurve Total Internet 300 + Total TV for $99 a month on 2 yr deal.

- heard they can throw in home phone for free for those that still have or want a landline.

I was told it's technically for new customers only.
And, that on boxing day itself there may be further discounts presented.

If you get a better deal or further credits please post and let others know.

Looking to renew myself still too.
Is this deal available now?
Lorenzo
Mar 7, 2011
12 posts
2 upvotes
vancouver
I got offered the following choices as a NEW customer:

1) Internet 300 + total tv bluecurve for $99/mth for 2 years (with $200 credit)
2) internet 600 for $75/mth for 2 years (with $100 credit)
3) special for boxing day: Int100 for $25/mth for 1 year. (between 8 -12 PM only on boxing day). The only downside is that you have to pay 1 year charges upfront. I was told you can cancel anytime and get a refund.