• Oct 2nd, 2020 9:48 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jan 24, 2015
331 posts
215 upvotes

Shaw Cable

Hey Guys,

So I'm starting to find my bill at Shaw getting pretty high. I have have the following in my package:

1. Internet 300
2. Home Phone with Unlimited Calling CAN/US
3. Total TV Package
4. Multi-Cultural Channel Package

I pay $196 per month plus taxes.

Does anyone pay less than this with Shaw or Telus? I want to get my bill lowered so if you have any tips or tricks to get them to lower it let me know!

Thanks
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6655 posts
6191 upvotes
Calgary
DoubleJ5 wrote: Hey Guys,

So I'm starting to find my bill at Shaw getting pretty high. I have have the following in my package:

1. Internet 300
2. Home Phone with Unlimited Calling CAN/US
3. Total TV Package
4. Multi-Cultural Channel Package

I pay $196 per month plus taxes.

Does anyone pay less than this with Shaw or Telus? I want to get my bill lowered so if you have any tips or tricks to get them to lower it let me know!

Thanks
Do you have access to Telus Fibre?
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10252 posts
2213 upvotes
Victoria
I only use Internet through them. I found the best way to do that is wait until a promo is offered then take them up on it.

Alternately sometimes calling in and haggling when Telus has a good offer, helps you get your cost down too.

The problem is I don't think either service has insanely good deals right now.

If I could get Telus Fibre here, I'd get that, and then get Pik TV so I could get a cheap local tv/sports bundle.
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10252 posts
2213 upvotes
Victoria
Einsteinish wrote: Can you subscribe to TSN alone with Shaw Direct?
I don't think you can get any traditional cable, whether it be cable or satellite without subscribing to basic. Then you usually need to add a sports bundle?
Deal Expert
Oct 26, 2003
35823 posts
4539 upvotes
Winnipeg
haven't watched tv in years, is there still ads?
WTB amazon gc @90%
Apr 13, 2019
159 posts
34 upvotes
zod wrote: I don't think you can get any traditional cable, whether it be cable or satellite without subscribing to basic. Then you usually need to add a sports bundle?
I have basic satellite but wanted TSN not Sportsnet. Can't tell on their website