• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2020 12:17 am
[OP]
Jun 6, 2020
4 posts
Calgary

Shaw Cable tv and internet

Hello all,

I am about to finish my basement renovation and would like some advice on what I need to do to get my media board all set up for Shaw tv and internet. I have 8 RG6 coax cable lines running from various rooms in my home all to the mechanical room in the basement. I have them zip tied to a sheet of plywood next to my electrical breaker box. I also ran a RG6 coax cable line from there to the outside of my home for the Shaw main line cable feed. I’m looking to see Some type of diagram so I know what to purchase next to have everything all hooked up properly before the Shaw technician shows up as I know with Covid 19 there is a delay for a Shaw technician to come and install my router/ modem

My questions are is there some type of diagram.? I am thinking of just buying a 8 by 1 splitter to hook up all the lines but what does Shaw give you with respect to equipment in order to get tv and internet on those 8 lines feeding To multiple rooms in the house ?

Thanks
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2009
2896 posts
1803 upvotes
Winnipeg
Impressive but even more so that youre getting Shaw Internet & TV without any sale on.
Deal Addict
Sep 3, 2005
1664 posts
281 upvotes
The new blue curve system is either wifi or copper ethernet. coax distribution isn't necessary.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
7897 posts
8289 upvotes
Calgary
FrostyWinnipeg wrote: Impressive but even more so that youre getting Shaw Internet & TV without any sale on.
Good one.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)