Shaw Direct, Carrytel, Sportsnet Now and TSN Direct

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2021 1:26 pm
[OP]
Jun 16, 2017
143 posts
49 upvotes

Shaw Direct, Carrytel, Sportsnet Now and TSN Direct

Hi, have 2 ON locations (home and seasonal cottage), been with Shaw for about 30 years (including StarChoice). At one time Shaw was a great deal for me because they offered a free second location, however a few years ago this benefit was scaled back to 50% off the second location and now its been eliminated. The only channels I really care about are Sportsnet and TSN, so thinking maybe now is the time to cut the cord and subscribe to Sportsnet Now and TSN direct. So first question is how are these 2 direct services? These services are about $20/mo each, however would probably not bother for a few months when there's not much sports that I'm interested in. So cost would likely be $40 x 9 month = $360
Another alternative would be to go with Carrytel's $15/mo (+$5 rental) and that would get be most of the usual basic channels plus sportnet (I'm currently using CT for internet at home). So I believe if I am subscribed to Sportsnet via Carrytel then at the cottage I could log into sportsnet direct? This would be $240 per year for CT and then likely I would subscribe to TSN direct for about 6 months per year for $120, so total cost of $360 for 2 locations.
Another option is to stay with Shaw (I have all the necessary hardware) at just one location and use Blue Wave to log into the section location. I could subscribe to their basic $25 per mo plus another $29 for TSN and Sportsnet. Total cost is $54 x 9 (would likely do a seasonal break when not much sports on) $486.
Interested in comments on these alternatives.