Expired Hot Deals

[Shaw] HOT! Internet 300 (1st = $38/month & 2nd = $53/month) Plus $250 credits (June 4th)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 10th, 2019 8:24 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9717 posts
64261 upvotes
Ontario

[Shaw] HOT! Internet 300 (1st = $38/month & 2nd = $53/month) Plus $250 credits (June 4th)

Edit 2 : promo expires on June 4th

Edit: went to Metrotown and Richmond centre.
Instore reps are now aware of this promo and can offer it as well.

Shaw is back with their insane offer. I saw this offer in the mall's event and got the rep who can do it for existing customers by signing up with a different name.

No need to make up any stories about " my roommate wants it, my family members want it, etc!"

Normally, Shaw reps won't do it for existing customers because they do not get any commissions.

Most of the sales rep will just tell you to contact retention for a betting offer. Don't waste time with them
because Shaw's retention WON'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! They will offer like $10-$20 off per month on their regular prices.

You can probably get the same promo at the store level but they may not be willing to help existing customers.

Internet 300 Plus $250 credits
1st year = $38/month
2nd year =$53/month

Previous deal at $45/month for 2 years
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/shaw-45 ... t-2263885/

Before = $45x24 months = $1080

Now = ($38x12) + ($53 x 12) = $1092

Internet 600 Plus $250 credits
1st year = $50/month
2nd year =$60/month

I asked the rep specifically if my friends and family members who are an existing Shaw customer can sign up under a different name and get the promo. She said she will help me but she won't get any commissions. So just find a rep at pop up events or in store who are willing to do this.

For new customers

Find someone who can do it for you. Stores are offering it.

For existing customers

After it's installed, call and cancel your old account.

NOTE:
- If you are getting internet 300, you will not be able to get the XB6 modem for free. If you want that, you need to pay $7 more per month.
- Need to sign up before end of the month. Then you can install it yourself by getting their self install kit or ask one of their tech to install it for you.

Cisco & Hitron modem = Up to 300mbps
XB6 modem = Up to 600mbps

This promo expires on May 31st.
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Jun 1st, 2019 12:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
139 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
1794 posts
10192 upvotes
Reminder that this is not true fibre - the upload speed on these Shaw plans:

Internet 300: "Up to" 15 mbps upload speed
Internet 600: "Up to" 20 mbps upload speed

If you rely on things like cloud uploading, Google Photos, Plex, YouTube uploading, etc, you'll notice all of these things are dramatically slower than your uploading. I still think TELUS, Novus, or a DSL reseller is better value than these plans.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1553 posts
1964 upvotes
They are offering $150 credit, not $250
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3283 posts
4811 upvotes
Langley, BC
Shaw called me yesterday, they couldn't come near what I pay TELUS monthly... she laughed and said "oh.. nevermind then, thank-you for your time".

Plus, they have crap upload speeds... what is this... 1996?
Mar 20, 2019
13 posts
13 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Shaw is back with their insane offer. I saw this offer in the mall's event and got the rep contact who can do it for existing customers by signing up with a different name.
No need to make up any stories about " my roommate wants it, my family members want it, etc!"
Normally, Shaw reps won't do it for existing customers because they do not get any commissions.

Most of the sales rep will just tell you to contact retention for a betting offer. Don't waste time with them
because Shaw's retention WON'T DO ANYTHING FOR YOU! They will offer like $10-$20 off per month on their regular prices.

You can probably get the same promo at the store level but they may not be willing to help existing customers.

Internet 300 Plus $250 credits
1st year = $38/month
2nd year =$53/month

Previous deal at $45/month for 2 years
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/shaw-45 ... t-2263885/

Before = $45x24 months = $1080

Now = ($38x12) + ($53 x 12) = $1092

Internet 600 Plus $250 credits
1st year = $50/month
2nd year =$60/month

I asked the rep specifically if my friends and family members who are an existing Shaw customer can sign up under a different name and get the promo. She said she will help me but she won't get any commissions.

For new customers

Find someone who can do it for you. Stores are offering it.

For existing customers

After it's installed, call and cancel your old account.

NOTE:
- If you are getting internet 300, you will not be able to get the XB6 modem for free. If you want that, you need to pay $7 more per month.
- Need to sign up before end of the month. Then you can install it yourself by getting their self install kit or ask one of their tech to install it for you.

Cisco & Hitron modem = Up to 300mbps
XB6 modem = Up to 600mbps

This promo expires on May 31st.
I am a Shaw sales rep and I can tell you that it is absolutely false that a Shaw rep won't sign up existing customers because we "don't get commissions on it". We can't do it because it is against the rules for us to sign up existing customers. We could lose our job. Telus will not sign up existing customers on new promos either. Yes, we will transfer you to loyalty. That is their job... to negotiate new deals for existing customers. Same with signing up under a different name at the same address knowingly. If we see that there are services at your address already we will need to know if the previous tenant is leaving. It is against the rules to knowingly do this. I work hard for my customers and will sacrifice my commissions to get them the very best deal possible.

Just for interest sake...it is also against the rules for us to advertise prices out in the open. Any Shaw rep who states prices out right is breaking the rules and can be fired.

Just wanted to clear that up as I work and many other Shaw reps work hard to get you the best prices. All of you. Even if that means transferring you to loyalty.

Thanks
Last edited by aasoror on May 31st, 2019 6:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: hinting a PM invitation is not allowed
Aug 28, 2007
859 posts
410 upvotes
Vancouver
Internet00 wrote:
Just wanted to clear that up as I work and many other Shaw reps work hard to get you the best prices. All of you. Even if that means transferring you to loyalty.
lmao no they don't. I was talking to a girl once and she tried justifying my price because of my access to the wifi network. Suggested I drop my phone bill instead and use the wifi to make up for the costs. Like wtf?
Twitch: ForbiddenX
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3283 posts
4811 upvotes
Langley, BC
ForbiddenX wrote: lmao no they don't. I was talking to a girl once and she tried justifying my price because of my access to the wifi network. Suggested I drop my phone bill instead and use the wifi to make up for the costs. Like wtf?
he said "many other", not "all" :P
Mar 20, 2019
13 posts
13 upvotes
ForbiddenX wrote: lmao no they don't. I was talking to a girl once and she tried justifying my price because of my access to the wifi network. Suggested I drop my phone bill instead and use the wifi to make up for the costs. Like wtf?
As you were probably an existing customer you were talking to someone from the Loyalty department, not new sales, which is what I do. New sales. And yes, I did say most....I can't speak for everyone. I know I do.
Last edited by Internet00 on May 30th, 2019 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jan 19, 2017
669 posts
683 upvotes
Kitchener
Imagine telecom companies just having a decent plan so they didnt need to put up offers like this to scam ppl into using them and absolutely greeking them later.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12040 posts
1898 upvotes
Vancouver
Sorry I’m confused . This thread was made
Today? And the deal expires may31?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3800 posts
2454 upvotes
Ontario
*Calls Shaw* We can offer you 15/1.5 for $89.95 with 150gigs of transfer in 2019....
---
Mar 20, 2019
13 posts
13 upvotes
kanechart wrote: *Calls Shaw* We can offer you 15/1.5 for $89.95 with 150gigs of transfer in 2019....
We are expanding our fibre service as well. It's not everywhere yet, neither is Telus. It is coming. Many people have it. Internet 300 is unlimited data.
Mar 20, 2019
13 posts
13 upvotes
trellaine201 wrote: Sorry I’m confused . This thread was made
Today? And the deal expires may31?

Thanks
Because we are not allowed to state prices outright, we have to wait until someone catches wind of the offer and lets others know.
Last edited by aasoror on May 31st, 2019 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't hint PM invitation
Jan 19, 2014
17 posts
33 upvotes
So is this a 2 year Value Plan contract?
Is the faster modem free with 600 Mbps?
Also what about moving an existing home phone number, anyone add phone and know what $$ that comes to?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3800 posts
2454 upvotes
Ontario
Internet00 wrote: We are expanding our fibre service as well. It's not everywhere yet, neither is Telus. It is coming. Many people have it. Internet 300 is unlimited data.
I doubt your expanding Fibre into my town. A brand new WISP provider has brought fibre all the way into our Town because of how Shaw has been doing. So unless if Shaw is going to now compete again against a 2nd provider I think Shaw is pretty much done.

To give you more back story. For the last 3 years Shaw been over saturated and were using a Microwave Link... 3 Years later and some months they setup a new Microwave Dish on a rented Bell Tower... Yes Shaw did not even bother putting in a new Tower or upgrading theirs they rented from Bell and the Capacity already being met during peak hours.

This happen last fall.

I highly doubt Shaw is bring Fibre to my town :P
---
Mar 20, 2019
13 posts
13 upvotes
kanechart wrote: I doubt your expanding Fibre into my town. A brand new WISP provider has brought fibre all the way into our Town because of how Shaw has been doing. So unless if Shaw is going to now compete again against a 2nd provider I think Shaw is pretty much done.

To give you more back story. For the last 3 years Shaw been over saturated and were using a Microwave Link... 3 Years later and some months they setup a new Microwave Dish on a rented Bell Tower... Yes Shaw did not even bother putting in a new Tower or upgrading theirs they rented from Bell and the Capacity already being met during peak hours.

Sorry to hear they don't have fibre there. It is in (and coming) to many places.

This happen last fall.

I highly doubt Shaw is bring Fibre to my town :P
Jan 8, 2015
800 posts
509 upvotes
Internet00 wrote: We are expanding our fibre service as well. It's not everywhere yet, neither is Telus. It is coming. Many people have it. Internet 300 is unlimited data.
Yeah now you're just full of shit. Is english your second language? Or do you just enjoy misleading people?
Jan 1, 2019
55 posts
131 upvotes
What if I'm already on a 2 year valueplan contract, from the last deal 3/4 months ago? can I get a price adjustment? or am i still coming out on top after cancelling and paying the cancellation fee?
Mar 20, 2019
13 posts
13 upvotes
Quickman wrote: Yeah now you're just full of shit. Is english your second language? Or do you just enjoy misleading people?
Wow. Nice.
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
12040 posts
1898 upvotes
Vancouver
Quickman wrote: Yeah now you're just full of shit. Is english your second language? Or do you just enjoy misleading people?
Please go away if your not interested. Thanks