Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

New offer sent to eMail. Shaw Fiber 500 $79/month +$100 credit (2Y Term)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2021 7:02 pm
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary

[Shaw] New offer sent to eMail. Shaw Fiber 500 $79/month +$100 credit (2Y Term)

Looks like a anyone can apply deal. I'm on $40 IVCTel 100/10 and its enough for me (really) but Parents might change to it since Teksavvy is now pushing their 60Mb from $65 to $68 in a few months due to CRTC ruling. Might just be the big telcos hammering the nail in now on third parties and let them bleed long and slow till they die.

I loved Teksavvy on 2 accounts but pricing just didn't make sense anymore to keep supporting the small guy although the service and support were top notch.

Guess I can throw kids back to school onto cheap $0 shaw phone plans as well if I move the ivctel service to my parents then I sign up for the 500+ then retention 2 years after. Basically about $75 a year after the $100 credit is spread out for the 2 years.

Fiber+ 500

Fast speeds on up to 14 devices. Perfect for video calls, streaming and casual gaming.

Up to 100 Mbps upload speeds

Enter your address for upload speeds at your location.
Access Shaw Go WiFi hotspots
Manage WiFi on Home app
Add WiFi Pod to extend WiFi
24-month price guarantee

$79/mo
For 24 months, then $115/mo
31 replies
Apr 1, 2007
148 posts
114 upvotes
Agassiz
How many free cell phone plans can you get with one Shaw subscription?
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
MEVL wrote: How many free cell phone plans can you get with one Shaw subscription?
looks like 6 lines

Shaw Fibre+ Internet customers are eligible to receive a $15 credit per month on the $15 By The Gig plan. Auto payment and approved credit required. A Shaw Internet bundle discount is available on up to a total 6 lines.

Not bad for the kids or low data user, unlimited calling/voicemail but 1GB data per month.
I actually use Public Mobile and it is something like 100 minutes out and unlimited in 500Mb a month for about $10-12 now with the yearly added discounts. Actually works well for me since they offer free data buckets now and then and I usually have wifi where I do use it heavily. On street data might be google maps, Lords Mobile checkin :D
Mar 3, 2004
533 posts
432 upvotes
canucktfi wrote:
Not bad for the kids or low data user, unlimited calling/voicemail but 1GB data per month.
You sure there's 1GB per month included? I thought even 1 GB is $10. (90day rollover)
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1436 posts
652 upvotes
Victoria
specialfx3000 wrote: You sure there's 1GB per month included? I thought even 1 GB is $10. (90day rollover)
I believe there was a 1GB promo of data included very early on after launch, but I don't think I've seen anything like that for awhile. Basically I buy my kids 1GB for $10, and they don't use the total over 90 days, so basically $3.33/month for their plans.
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
the fine print says there is a $15 credit per month on the $15 by the gig plan, not the rollover one so looks like unlimited call, then added 1gb per month free basically after the credit.

I might jump to it although I really like the ivctel $40 100/10 right now. Move that to the parents, cancel their teksavvy 60, I get the shaw 500, 2 kids get phones for school. Wife and I keep our public mobile plans though or she does with her very discounted one and I could jump over to shaw since its free and I get more vs my current light use plan.
Mar 3, 2004
533 posts
432 upvotes
canucktfi wrote: the fine print says there is a $15 credit per month on the $15 by the gig plan, not the rollover one so looks like unlimited call, then added 1gb per month free basically after the credit.

I might jump to it although I really like the ivctel $40 100/10 right now. Move that to the parents, cancel their teksavvy 60, I get the shaw 500, 2 kids get phones for school. Wife and I keep our public mobile plans though or she does with her very discounted one and I could jump over to shaw since its free and I get more vs my current light use plan.
I believe the $15 by the gig plan as it stands does not include any data. As Shaw internet customer, you get the $15 credit which effectively make the plan $0.
From there, you go and buy the 'by the gig' of 1GB, 2GB, 3GB as you need for a 90-day duration. Without this additional purchase, the phone plan is free but with 0 data.

Be aware of this. (Still a great deal but data is extra)
Deal Guru
Mar 12, 2005
10862 posts
2696 upvotes
Victoria
To compare, my 2 year bundle wrapped up this months. A few weeks ago I called the number in the email's they'd been sending me. I was on 300, but wanted to upgrade to take advantage of the faster upload on newer packages. They offered me Internet 600 for $70/month, but no signing bonus. Still. I think that's a better offer. Faster internet, slightly cheaper? Maybe call in and ask for that?
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
specialfx3000 wrote: I believe the $15 by the gig plan as it stands does not include any data. As Shaw internet customer, you get the $15 credit which effectively make the plan $0.
From there, you go and buy the 'by the gig' of 1GB, 2GB, 3GB as you need for a 90-day duration. Without this additional purchase, the phone plan is free but with 0 data.

Be aware of this. (Still a great deal but data is extra)
Yeah, that might be no data then if the by the gig plan is actually $15 " not the $0" quoted there, then it makes it $0 by offering you back $15 credit. Still might work well, my kids shouldn't be using data in school :D
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
zod wrote: To compare, my 2 year bundle wrapped up this months. A few weeks ago I called the number in the email's they'd been sending me. I was on 300, but wanted to upgrade to take advantage of the faster upload on newer packages. They offered me Internet 600 for $70/month, but no signing bonus. Still. I think that's a better offer. Faster internet, slightly cheaper? Maybe call in and ask for that?
You are likely better off calling retentions and get better deal. Think there are enough shaw retention threads on what might be possible or feasible to ask for. From 500-600 wont make much of a difference. I can live with my 100/10 speeds with 5 people, streaming, gaming, IOT cams, devices etc. Just get me better ping/routing times which 200-400-500-600/1GB service levels wont really change or affect.

Just that I might be home more often doing online course and maybe add in some remote work. The speed boost would be nice but my wallet loves the $40 100/10 2 years ivctel I'm on as well :(

only real downtime recently was this week but that was a shaw wide issue and affected ivctel/teksavvy/ciktel or anyone using a shaw backbone.
Jun 9, 2012
27 posts
57 upvotes
Earth
What was the number that you called? I am currently with Shaw 300 and TV. Call in customer care and no deal for me and asking me to pay more for same services.

Any Shaw retention agent, feel free to pm me. Thank you.
Oct 30, 2019
671 posts
1476 upvotes
Fraser Valley
CanCom has 85/month for 750/100. no contract.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1514 posts
544 upvotes
cold. i get fibre + 1000mbit from shaw for 80.00.
just call in and ask what you are paying and they will offer it to you to match telus's 79.00 deal.
are we there yet?
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3743 posts
2771 upvotes
YUL/YVR
techjedi wrote: cold. i get fibre + 1000mbit from shaw for 80.00.
just call in and ask what you are paying and they will offer it to you to match telus's 79.00 deal.
Which # and what's the Telus $79 deal?
Oct 31, 2010
849 posts
776 upvotes
Edmonton
Anyone else thinking of eating the Starlink hardware cost to not have to give the big Canadian companies money?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1436 posts
652 upvotes
Victoria
darkstar107 wrote: Anyone else thinking of eating the Starlink hardware cost to not have to give the big Canadian companies money?
Even above the hardware cost, won't it be around double the monthly cost of giving your money to a big Canadian company, with probably less performance, and instead you give your money to Elon and shareholders? Don't get me wrong, I love following SpaceX but I don't think I feel that much need to stick it to the Canadian internet providers...
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2017
1514 posts
544 upvotes
just call the normal customer service line.
also it was a typo.. its their 89.00 940/940
AdamKing wrote: Which # and what's the Telus $79 deal?
are we there yet?
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
339 posts
322 upvotes
Calgary
shaw rep deal for the 500 for 75 + 200 rebate, that makes it sweeter. works out to 67 a month, that's really doable
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1056 posts
1021 upvotes
Please be aware that the migration is not free. You need to pay for the activation of the SIM card.

When I moved my mom over to Shaw Mobile, they made her pay an activation fee (can't remember the exact amount), but I did remember the switch isn't free. However, I do vaguely recall they credit my bill afterwards with the activation fee amount.
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Aug 30, 2021
63 posts
107 upvotes
I've tried to migrate and it wasn't free. I can confirm.