Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

New offer sent to eMail. Shaw Fiber 500 $79/month +$100 credit (2Y Term)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 5th, 2021 7:02 pm
Dec 30, 2004
370 posts
127 upvotes
Vancouver
icenoodle wrote: What was the number that you called? I am currently with Shaw 300 and TV. Call in customer care and no deal for me and asking me to pay more for same services.

Any Shaw retention agent, feel free to pm me. Thank you.
Same boat, isn't that annoying? They won't let you in on the new deals but they also charge more for staying with what you have!
Aug 21, 2016
411 posts
670 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Shaw is the only company that gets to market DOCSIS speeds as Fibre, it's not even symmetrical.
RFD Effect Is Real
[OP]
Nov 13, 2005
315 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
likely as in the past, not customer care, would have to go through the steps to cancel and get a retentions rep, customer care is just the front line sales rep and can't really offer anything that isn't off the books. Retention rep to keep you from cancelling should be able to do something. Find comparisons to new customer deals, Telus deals. Don't mention RFD, likely wont get you anywhere. But do find a list of comparable services, faster/bundles or not and cheaper then push those to the customer care rep, then if they wont do it, ask to talk with retention or cancellation. Those people should be able to do something better.

I was a Shaw customer since Shaw started cable internet in Calgary, attended the show, signed up right there. Anything better than 56K dailup was a bonus :D But I've been on and off with them over the years. Generally couldn't give a Sh1T about keeping your customer but wanting to sign new ones instead and losing your client base to competitors. Then go back to shaw after the 6 months or whatever to get the new customer deals. Even one time I had to cancel cause the new rate was more than new customer rate. So got tenant in the basement to sign up for it instead and I cancel mine. Same service, swap modems, cheaper price for 2 years. Just the added waste of time to swap back and forth when they could just pass the savings onto LOYAL customers. But whatever, I understand the churn to increase the user base in new subs is more important in the quarterly reports.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2003
6699 posts
389 upvotes
MikeyCanuck wrote: I believe there was a 1GB promo of data included very early on after launch, but I don't think I've seen anything like that for awhile. Basically I buy my kids 1GB for $10, and they don't use the total over 90 days, so basically $3.33/month for their plans.
That 1GB was a promo, BUT if you call and talk to them, there is an unadvertised plan for unlimited talk/text and 3GB/month for $15/month if you have a shaw cable internet plan.
Sep 16, 2014
169 posts
88 upvotes
Vancouver
whizzzkid wrote: Shaw is the only company that gets to market DOCSIS speeds as Fibre, it's not even symmetrical.
100% this. I find this so misleading. The upload speed is hidden.
Feb 19, 2012
47 posts
26 upvotes
Vancouver
if you go talk to someone in person, it's actually $75 for internet 500 with $150 credit. With small TV, it's $115 with $400 credit. source: I just got it on the weekend

when I called in it was $79 with $100 credit for internet only, or $129 with TV and $250 credit.
Dec 31, 2006
829 posts
364 upvotes
d1gdug wrote: 100% this. I find this so misleading. The upload speed is hidden.
not sure if anything happened but telus was actually suing shaw over that
Sep 3, 2021
11 posts
Calgary, AB
MikeyCanuck wrote: I believe there was a 1GB promo of data included very early on after launch, but I don't think I've seen anything like that for awhile. Basically I buy my kids 1GB for $10, and they don't use the total over 90 days, so basically $3.33/month for their plans.
There is no more 1GB promo data anymore. But if you speak to the agent with Shaw mobile they can give you a back pocket offer of $15/3GB Nationwide data. Really sweet deal.
However, be aware that Shaw mobile is only for AB/BC customers. If you don't have internet there is pretty much no point signing up with Shaw mobile - too expensive.
In Home Sales Consultant
Shaw Communications
Sep 3, 2021
11 posts
Calgary, AB
VR6 wrote: Same boat, isn't that annoying? They won't let you in on the new deals but they also charge more for staying with what you have!
You should tell the first agent that you would like to cancel because of the price... they will pay more attention on you and give you better deals.
In Home Sales Consultant
Shaw Communications
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2007
1328 posts
712 upvotes
darkstar107 wrote: Anyone else thinking of eating the Starlink hardware cost to not have to give the big Canadian companies money?
Not a chance. I'd have to pay 50% more for slower speeds with higher ping. Starlink has it's purposes, but feeding major cities is not really one of them. And I'd rather give a Canadian conglomerate $ rather than a US company, even if all things were equal.
Apr 23, 2016
569 posts
594 upvotes
Kelowna
whizzzkid wrote: Shaw is the only company that gets to market DOCSIS speeds as Fibre, it's not even symmetrical.
Telus has been advertising their "optik" tv for a decade now. It has no bearing on whether or not you actually have FTTH. I'd say that's even more misleading, but Shaw's stretching of the truth is also hilarious.