• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 1:39 am
Apr 23, 2006
609 posts
121 upvotes
'Berta
Shaw wouldn't match this for me, but knocked $30 off per month with no questions asked.
Oct 2, 2006
132 posts
19 upvotes
Called retention and got internet 150 @ $60 for 2yr. Thanks OP
Deal Addict
Apr 13, 2008
3005 posts
967 upvotes
Vancouver
didn't need to wait on the phone but they only offered $80 for internet 300.
might try again tomorrow. seems like a lot of people are getting $65 so i want at least $70/mth

The fact that i've always been on a deal with them shouldn't matter right? (student plan for 4 years)
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2013
3584 posts
176 upvotes
Vancity
russbarden wrote:
Nov 21st, 2018 9:49 pm
I wonder if I count as new customer after leaving them and going with one of the 3rd party sellers of their internet....
New Customer
Dean Hamaguchi
Shaw Communications
May 21, 2013
13 posts
36 upvotes
V7E2C2
I don't know if everyone can do this, but you don't need to call them to get this deal.
If you login to myShaw then click on "Internet" at your left menu.
Then you can see small option "Upgrade Internet Plan".
Then you can choose from different promos including:

$78/m for 24 months Internet 300 + $250 credit
$60/m for 24 months Internet 150 + $250 credit

I've attached screenshots.

I actually switched from Shaw to Telus today with below plan. They are virtually same thing but I wanted the sorry fast upload speed of Fibre optic.

$75/m for 24 months for PureFibre Internet 300 + $250 bill credit.
The sales rep told me he could upgrade me from 1TB limit to unlimited for free, but it's not showing on my confirmation email. I need to follow up about that.
They also have the internet 150 $60/m for 24 months.
Images
  • 1487575360.png
  • Screenshot_20181122-203923.png
Aug 27, 2015
25 posts
6 upvotes
Devon, AB
this was the same deal i leveraged with telus and they matched it for 150. With the added rebate, it works to $50 a month + tax.
Nov 22, 2018
4 posts
This is all very confusing, I would appreciate any clarity you may have.
I phoned Shaw to ask about the Black Friday 150 offer (I'm already on a 2-year plan, about 6 months left) and the first person would not do it. Then I used the chat feature from the website and was able to get the 150 for $65 for 2 years, no credit/Netflix. So now I'm locked in the 2 years again.

From my computer I'm not able to see the "upgrade plan" option, however I can see that on my phone. If I go that route (following your attachments), will that break the previous contract I just renewed? Going through the options all the way to payment, it looks like a brand new order and I'd hate to pay any penalties or worse, have 2 contracts now.

Thanks in advance!
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2007
5960 posts
1024 upvotes
Vancouver Island, BC
kyo314 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:55 pm
I don't know if everyone can do this, but you don't need to call them to get this deal.
If you login to myShaw then click on "Internet" at your left menu.
Then you can see small option "Upgrade Internet Plan".
Then you can choose from different promos including:

[snip]
Thanks for pointing this out. I tried it on my iPad and the “Upgrade Internet Plan” wasn’t there. I switched to my phone and it displayed as in your screen shots.

I have signed up this way. I’ll see whether it works. Although it ought to work, I noticed at several places it referred to new sign ups and that they will send an install kit. They wouldn’t be sending an install kit to an existing customer.

If there is a problem later, I guess I’ll deal with it then.
Earthlings, you're evicted.
You are not getting the damage deposit back.

God
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1139 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
Yeah, it appears doing the change online would create a new contract. Also, as part of the terms, the online credit portion is for new customers only.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
10167 posts
830 upvotes
Vancouver
I had signed up for this $60/month+$250 credit about a month ago, but def would have preferred Telus... at the time they wouldn't match the deal... haha
Nov 28, 2007
248 posts
43 upvotes
Kamloops
The 250 bill credit, is it over 2 years term or 250 credit upfront?What happens if you want out within 2 years?
Apr 23, 2006
609 posts
121 upvotes
'Berta
Just FYI - I couldn’t see this in the MyShaw app, had to login to their mobile site.

I was tempted to try doing this, but I don’t want to get locked in for another two years. My contract is up next October, so hopefully I can get a similar Black Friday deal next year or I’ll move to Telus.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5261 posts
850 upvotes
iputonmymask wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 3:18 am
This is all very confusing, I would appreciate any clarity you may have.
I phoned Shaw to ask about the Black Friday 150 offer (I'm already on a 2-year plan, about 6 months left) and the first person would not do it. Then I used the chat feature from the website and was able to get the 150 for $65 for 2 years, no credit/Netflix. So now I'm locked in the 2 years again.

From my computer I'm not able to see the "upgrade plan" option, however I can see that on my phone. If I go that route (following your attachments), will that break the previous contract I just renewed? Going through the options all the way to payment, it looks like a brand new order and I'd hate to pay any penalties or worse, have 2 contracts now.
Thanks in advance!
The online chat didn't work for me. They seem to be pretty confused over there in India. Devendra was of no help at all.Angry Face
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1139 posts
416 upvotes
Calgary
rf134a wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 11:40 am
The online chat didn't work for me. They seem to be pretty confused over there in India. Devendra was of no help at all.Angry Face
Shaw's online chat reps aren't outsourced AFAIK
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2213 posts
757 upvotes
Burnaby
meh. Shaw offer is for new customers. would only offer me $75 for 150mbps on a 2yr term. Paying $85/month now for 100mbps