• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 1:39 am
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
3199 posts
1564 upvotes
Manitouwadge, Ontari…
They would not even get back to me when I signed up.
---
May 28, 2015
5 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I didn't see the "Upgrade Internet Plan" on their desktop site, and the equivalent link showed the old non-BF plans. But opening it up on my phone worked and I could order the BF deal there no problem.
Jan 30, 2015
69 posts
9 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Im currently with shaw for the internet 150+tv bundle plan on a 2 year plan. This month will be my 1 year with th which means I have to pay the full price instead of getting 50% off for the first year. Anyone here with the same situation as me? How do I get a new discount? Do I have to wait for another year?
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
5261 posts
850 upvotes
openfirmware wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:59 pm
I didn't see the "Upgrade Internet Plan" on their desktop site, and the equivalent link showed the old non-BF plans. But opening it up on my phone worked and I could order the BF deal there no problem.
Lucky you. I tried firefox on android and safari on IOS, neither worked. :( Firefox just assumed I was a new customer that wanted to sign up a new account.
↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A, START

There are no apostrophes in plurals! "I have 1000 posts" = correct. "I have 1000 post's" = incorrect!
Could've, would've, should've. It's simple English, people!
Voila: French, meaning "There it is!" or "Look!" Viola: A medium-sized stringed instrument Wala: An island of Vanuatu.
Sep 19, 2003
237 posts
32 upvotes
Winnipeg
I was able to call the add new services line then got sent to the loyalty line by the rep because he couldn't offer me any of the special deals for an existing customer.
I think getting sent to the loyalty line from a rep as opposed to just selecting it from the menu helped.
The nice guy there offered me the $55 a month for 2 years of 150 or $60 a month for no contract right away, I didn't have to hum or haw or anything.
I had a month left on my current 2 year plan so that may have also helped my case.
It takes a bit more time but you may have better luck going through a regular rep and asking for the deal and then getting sent to loyalty through them, I believe they can see if you were transferred or if you came from the regular menu.
The live chat option gave me no luck, the rep couldn't offer me anything so I called in and that worked with no fuss.
Sounds like it mainly depends on the luck of the draw of the rep you get.
Good luck!
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2011
2244 posts
1172 upvotes
Parksville, BC
Called Shaw and chose the "disconnect" line. Rep was very friendly and told me he couldn't give me the new customer discount but we met halfway between new and current and locked that discount in for 2 years. TV package was reorganized from the old plan and cost was cut in half. I'm really OK with this as Telus is crap where I live with a maximum speed of 50mbps. I already have the old Shaw gateway PVR with a big old hd so don't want to lose that ability. They offered a set of new Bluesky boxes (4K) but there is obviously no content so no point atm plus they are only 500gb drives.
Jun 12, 2010
29 posts
8 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
kyo314 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:55 pm
I don't know if everyone can do this, but you don't need to call them to get this deal.
If you login to myShaw then click on "Internet" at your left menu.
Then you can see small option "Upgrade Internet Plan".
Then you can choose from different promos including:

$78/m for 24 months Internet 300 + $250 credit
$60/m for 24 months Internet 150 + $250 credit

I've attached screenshots.

I actually switched from Shaw to Telus today with below plan. They are virtually same thing but I wanted the sorry fast upload speed of Fibre optic.

$75/m for 24 months for PureFibre Internet 300 + $250 bill credit.
The sales rep told me he could upgrade me from 1TB limit to unlimited for free, but it's not showing on my confirmation email. I need to follow up about that.
They also have the internet 150 $60/m for 24 months.
This worked for me (I think), thanks!

I was able to order the Internet 150 on 2 year contract @ $60/mo after logging in. It looked a little bit like I would expect a new customer workflow to look like, checking service address, adding shipping information; but I never had to add billing information. They also mentioned the modem as if they were going to ship it, despite me being on Internet 150 already... The last page also mentioned "If you selected the Netflix Gift, be on the lookout for an email about our exciting promotion", but I don't think I ever got the option to choose. Not sure yet where the $250 will appear at either.

Anyone else go through this workflow and managed to confirm it all works as expected?
Mar 13, 2006
2 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver
Worked the same way for me. I guess we'll know for sure if and when the order is processed.
May 28, 2015
5 posts
3 upvotes
Calgary, AB
openfirmware wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 12:59 pm
Received an email that this offer is only for new customers, and that I will be placed on the $105/mo plan instead. Uh, no. Guess I will have to call in instead.
Nov 18, 2018
5 posts
5 upvotes
Looks like everyone is getting different response.

I tried the chat and she said they have absolutely nothing for existing customers, even after I pushed and said I will switch to Telus.

Called retention, gave me $60 for 24 months contract on 150 without any comments. He "had to" creep up my TV slightly as my old TV plan no longer available blahblahblah but it was only $5 increase and still no contract on TV so whatever.

Thanks everyone for their experience!! Just came off a promotion and this saved me at least $60!
Dec 9, 2015
95 posts
116 upvotes
I ended up closing my Shaw account and going to Telus for my Internet 150. New customer $250 credit, double the upload speed, and ADSL consistancy won out over saving $5 a month (Net discount of $120).

(I actually accidentally got out of the last 9 months of my shaw contract. I replaced my remaining contract yesterday with a customer service rep for something cheaper, and they just cancelled my old contract at no charge. I didn't expect to cancel outright today, and I'm free to cancel because it within 10 days of starting the new contract.)
Dec 28, 2006
923 posts
225 upvotes
Tried live chat, was told directly that the deal is for new customers only and they couldn't do anything for me.

Oh well, Telus has the exact same offer and now I'll just have to hop over to them.
Sep 28, 2009
126 posts
266 upvotes
What are the TV options with this plan? It seems like what you save on internet they gain back if you want TV. I would appreciate sharing the total TV plus Internet costs.
Oct 7, 2011
16 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
ArchZeratul wrote:
Nov 23rd, 2018 6:47 pm
This worked for me (I think), thanks!

I was able to order the Internet 150 on 2 year contract @ $60/mo after logging in. It looked a little bit like I would expect a new customer workflow to look like, checking service address, adding shipping information; but I never had to add billing information. They also mentioned the modem as if they were going to ship it, despite me being on Internet 150 already... The last page also mentioned "If you selected the Netflix Gift, be on the lookout for an email about our exciting promotion", but I don't think I ever got the option to choose. Not sure yet where the $250 will appear at either.

Anyone else go through this workflow and managed to confirm it all works as expected?
Same exact process for me. Exactly as you mentioned. Waiting to see what happens when it gets processed.

Oh and before doing this, I talked to a rep via chat and they also told me that the promo was only available to new customers only and that I should phone the retentions department directly for any further help.
Oct 13, 2013
38 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
I was able to get $60 for 150 for a renewal. Not easy though. I think your contract will have to be near renewal.