• Jan 10th, 2019 1:39 am
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1542 posts
464 upvotes
BC
kyo314 wrote:
Nov 22nd, 2018 11:55 pm
I don't know if everyone can do this, but you don't need to call them to get this deal.
If you login to myShaw then click on "Internet" at your left menu.
Then you can see small option "Upgrade Internet Plan".
Then you can choose from different promos including:

$78/m for 24 months Internet 300 + $250 credit
$60/m for 24 months Internet 150 + $250 credit

I've attached screenshots.

I actually switched from Shaw to Telus today with below plan. They are virtually same thing but I wanted the sorry fast upload speed of Fibre optic.

$75/m for 24 months for PureFibre Internet 300 + $250 bill credit.
The sales rep told me he could upgrade me from 1TB limit to unlimited for free, but it's not showing on my confirmation email. I need to follow up about that.
They also have the internet 150 $60/m for 24 months.
Thank you so much for this! I was paying $64.99/mo for 150 on a few months contract. Using desktop browser and mobile app, couldn't get this offer. Finally, mobile browser was the trick! Upgraded to Internet 300 and says I'll get the $250 credit, so I'm basically paying about $3/mo more a month for double the download speed and about 20% faster upload speed.

Nice!

(Telus is only 50Mbps in my area despite being a rocks throw from the nearest NOC. Maybe in 2 years there will be Telus fiber to compete with Shaw in my area).
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
1839 posts
484 upvotes
Calgary
vicpamr wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 11:38 pm
Hi, what is Pick 7?
Pick 7 theme packs
Dec 29, 2011
21 posts
4 upvotes
mchuong wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 12:50 am
Pick 7 theme packs
I just asked because 7 theme packs, is a bit of an odd number (pardon the pun) because Shaw lists 8 or 12 theme packs on the website TV packages.
Jul 31, 2014
6 posts
Burnaby
Just spent an hour on the phone with them. Spk w a loyalty rep. Currently have i150 w Pick 8 + timeshift alc ($6) and hbo ($15 going to $17 in dec if I don't lock in grandfathered rate on 2yr plan). Hs 150 currently on mtm w $35 off until end of April 2019.

TV is therefore $68+15+6 - $89 and internet is $75 = $164mo w taxes came to $182. Had $15 off tv just end about 6 weeks ago.
Been mtm for 10+ years with shaw, never gone the contract route.

Was offered $15 off tv x 12mo right off the bat while I think about a 2yr value plan. He's going to call me tomorrow to discuss further.
2yr offer includes upg to i300 at same $75mo I'm paying til end of april on i150 now for the two years with a mandatory modem upgrade (i have the hitron right now). Further, an upgrade to bluesky tv w included install. TV would be $15 off x 24 mo vs the 12mo on mtm I already got him to apply.
So I can keep the same equipment I have now and leave it status quo until end of april for $149 or go for 2yr at same price w new equipment and double the internet speed.
No bill credits as they are referred to as switch credits and only applicable to new customers (not that they verify if you're switching of course).

I'm not sure if this is enough to get me to stay. I can only get telus 75 in my apt building though and it's older wiring so not sure I wanna do that either. Some have had issues and most are w shaw here.

Thoughts? In addition I currently have two autonomous motorola dcx3400-m pvrs, and he said bluesky is only equipped with a 500gb pvr for whole house. That's pretty tiny in this day and age. So I'd lose half my recording capacity, but these are so old and changing channels sometimes takes 5 seconds for it register. Further, the on demand library for hbo and crave is virtually non-existent on these . On demand in general is a 1/10. I don't use it very often as a result and only use the crave app on my xbox /chromecast. It'd be nice to have shiny new stuff, but don't know if I'm getting the right value for a 2yr commitment w a $20mo cancel fee. Lol, first world problems amirite?
Feb 15, 2008
333 posts
65 upvotes
Calgary
Timbo420 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 12:06 am
Thank you so much for this! I was paying $64.99/mo for 150 on a few months contract. Using desktop browser and mobile app, couldn't get this offer. Finally, mobile browser was the trick! Upgraded to Internet 300 and says I'll get the $250 credit, so I'm basically paying about $3/mo more a month for double the download speed and about 20% faster upload speed.

Nice!

(Telus is only 50Mbps in my area despite being a rocks throw from the nearest NOC. Maybe in 2 years there will be Telus fiber to compete with Shaw in my area).
Got this to work via mobile browser as well. However the last time I tried this, I was contacted a few days later informing that I was not eligible for the offer as an existing customer.
Deal Addict
May 30, 2012
3402 posts
612 upvotes
Montreal
Timbo420 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 12:06 am

Nice!

You wont get the credit....it's for new customers only....check fine prints on the website
Dec 6, 2008
19 posts
12 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
styner_ca wrote:
Nov 24th, 2018 1:33 pm
So here's my experience with shaw today about this deal. I called in this morning and waited about 30 min before i got to talk to an agent.
Fyi, I'm on internet 150 and paying $85 per month before taxes and long time shaw customer.
After verifying info, I asked if i'm still on contract. The agent explained to me that my contract was expired way back and asked me why I asked that.
I explained that telus is offering internet 150 for $60 so thinking about switching to them. The shaw agent acted like he didn't know about the telus promo and told me that he needs to verify that on their website.
He put me on hold while he verified it and it took about 2 or 3 min. He verified with me that telus is offering internet 150 for $60 /w $250 credit for 2 year contract.
Then he said he can't offer the same deal($250 credit part), but he said he can offer something similar deal which was internet 150 for $55 per month, fixed rate for 2 years.
I agreed to it and went through verbal contract thingy and everything was set! On the 1st call, without transferring to loyalty department.

My guess is shaw put loyalty agents on call centre as well due to high call volume or something. Anyway, the whole thing only took about 10 min with shaw agent.
I'm under another 2 years but I have no problem staying with them as I was /w shaw for quite long time. Hope this helps ppl who haven't called already!

Currently on a Gateway bundle, with home phone and internet 15. Our bill shows $75 for internet portion. I got something similar after being transferred to Loyalty. $55 for 12 months on Internet 150 no contract. Rep said he could offer me 24 month contract but better to have some flexibility to see what promos they will have next year. My internet 15 feels fast enough but why pay more and get less. May not be the best deal but good enough for now and didn't want to spend a lot more time on this.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2011
1150 posts
265 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thx Op!
Finally been waiting to leave Bell MTS and get some real speed!
Signed up for 2nd option which is 300mps, CR says since my parents have been loyal for a good 2 years they will give me the monthly at 70.00 instead of 78, was hoping for 65 but still smokingFace With Tears Of Joy🤣Face With Tears Of Joyso that was sweet and my parents get there bundle back at promo pricing agian for 24 months which is homophone,internet 75 l, and cable with 2 boxes for 117.00.
Oh I just luv BF!Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Le_arned to Churn now I use it as my hanrness.
Buy low sell high, always make a way to get what you want!💪😁👌
Dec 31, 2006
645 posts
125 upvotes
yeah my 80 dollar a month contract ended in 4 months and had no issues with getting it down to 60
Aug 24, 2014
41 posts
31 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Telus is offering a similar Internet 150 offer ($60/mth for Internet 150, $250 bill credit) although they are bundling it with Optik TV w/ 6 theme packs for an additional $30/mth (first 6 mths, $60/mth afterwards). Looks like you can get it without bundling which might make it less attractive to some people.

For those already with Telus, I called in to Telus Loyalty with intention to try to get this offer since I already have those services but was paying $140+taxes (regular price). The rep was helpful and gave me the $90/mth pricing for the entire 2-year agreement without me doing any negotiating (didn't even have to mention cancelling). Easiest retention call I've had Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 13, 2012
47 posts
55 upvotes
I got a call from Shaw to switch from Telus and I received a similar offer. I called Telus loyalty and this was my offer for a two-year contract.

Internet 75 w/ unlimited - 50$
TV with 6 themes - 31$
Home Phone - 5$
plus a 150$ credit on top. This was my third call and probably the best deal I got.

I've been a customer for 2.5 years so if you're still a customer give loyalty a call.
Dec 29, 2011
21 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know if there is a best time of day, or day of the week, to call Loyalty? I'm presuming that they are not 24/7 if they have to check deals with a supervisor, etc.
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2006
1542 posts
464 upvotes
BC
Well, they emailed me to say:
We see that you are looking to change your current plan, which we are able to process at a discounted rate of $90.00/month on a 2-Year ValuePlan. The promotional rate and bill credit requested is an introductory offer, which applies when adding new additional services.

Please confirm that you would like us to update your plan as above, or if you would prefer to remain with your existing plan.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
So, f*&k Shaw.
Koodo: $40/5GB Unlimited Canada wide calling
Nov 15, 2017
67 posts
23 upvotes
Edmonton
My gf phoned today and we got the internet 300 for 70/month for 2 years. Hassle free and easy. Long time shaw customers.
Nov 26, 2018
4 posts
4 upvotes
I used to work at Shaw so here is my experience. Management is extremely concerned with metrics for all call agents. What this means is everyone you speak with over the phone is going to try to get more money out of you and try to get onto the next call as fast as possible. (if I sound bitter I believe shaw misrepresented the tech support job expecting us to make sales). Now, since agents aren't supposed to take more than about 12 minutes on a call (on average) if you argue with them or take up their time, they will give you perks to get you off their back (most often free VOD...if they offer ask for 2 or 3). Tech support can also give you small discounts (I think it was under $20) called a make good gesture, if there had been some problem that wasn't completely the customers fault.

Whenever a customer wants to cancel they get transferred to the loyalty department. This is Shaw's last effort to try to keep the customer's business. The loyalty department can give large discounts, but Shaw's policy is not to transfer the call to loyalty unless the customer explicitly says "I'm going to cancel". From what I heard, each agent in the loyalty department has a set amount of money they can give to customers to reduce their bill. Any left over money the agent gets for himself, so he has incentive to give as little as possible.

Also you may get more support/assistance over the phone if you insist to speak to a manger. Another tip is let the call agent know that you are going to give him a good review (if they do what you want). The most often form of feedback is some customers get emailed a survey as to how well the call agent helped. Since who gets the email is random, a better approach would be ask to speak with the call agents manager to tell them he did a good job (I personally wasn't a fan of this work style, but at Shaw management holds customer's feedback extremely highly...the thing is they usually only get it when someone's mad). Also if you are getting a technician sent to your home, ask for a senior one and say the problem came back after the previous tech came to your home to look at it. All calls are recorded and management cares enough to carefully listen to them (obviously they can't listen to all) so whoever you're talking to may be forced into saying bs but just keep arguing and he'll need to transfer you or give in after enough time. I know the wait times are crazy but Shaw offers support 24/7 so try calling after 8pm and you shouldn't have to wait on hold too much.

Hope some of this helps and it didn't come off as ranting.

TL;DR
  1. arguing that your service sucks with a call agent gets you free things like VOD
  2. say Shaw's competitor called you with an offer and you want cancel. This will get you to loyalty department who are best at giving discounts
  3. for technical problems say the previous tech who came to your house couldn't fix the problem and you need a senior tech this time, and say you'll talk to their manager and give them a good review
For related questions send me a PM
Last edited by snowplow1 on Nov 27th, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.