Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Home Internet renewal 300 mbps unlimited $54/month + $100 bill credit + free 2 phone lines YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2021 9:15 pm
Aug 24, 2017
70 posts
126 upvotes
Shaw rep plz PM me as well. Manitoba, contract up Feb 14th.
Feb 25, 2003
432 posts
229 upvotes
Vancouver
DealRNothing wrote: In the most recent Quarterly reports, Shaw lost (-79,500) RGU (Revenue Generating Units) on wireline with (-14,500) from Internet. No wonder they are offering early retention offers to "Value Plan" customers. Subscribers are leaving in droves.

By comparison, Telus ADDED +79,000 RGUs, with +50,000 net Internet additions.
Where is your source?
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
rainbowsexpants wrote: I called Shaw today to add some pod extenders and the wait was an hour long. The agent I spoke to said people have been spam calling Shaw for the past week to get this deal. He even got a guy that called three times in a roll in one day trying to get this deal even though he wasn't eligible the first time. Apparently they hired a lot of new ppl lately to deal with the queues

The power of RFDs Face With Tears Of Joy. I suggest people trying to get this deal to chat in instead
you don't necessarily know you don't qualify as the first few offers are usually bad... try and try again.. different reps may offer something different. i guess after a while and nothing better comes either you move on or keep trying until your existing promo is up
Jul 6, 2017
17 posts
4 upvotes
BC (Interior)
Going out n a bit of a limb here and not sure of this would work but, does anyone have a copy of the Shaw offer in an email (shoot me a pm if so)? Have been back and forth with Telus and they said they could match (or try to) if I had it in writing but I have not had any success with Shaw (terminated my service with Shaw about a month ago). I’m down to $74/mo on Telus GB but don’t really need that speed as can’t utilize it.
Jan 7, 2021
9 posts
1 upvote
I called to cancel right before my $60 value plan for Internet 300 expires. Later they called to offer me $65 for renewal. Still cancelled. Got a bill for already returned equipment plus a letter saying they will pass me to a collection agency if I don't pay in 10 days. Really 'nice' customer service.

I have been avoiding Telus because the first time I booked an installation it's a no-show. That's like 20 years ago. I heard Telus is doing much better now.
Mar 19, 2006
130 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
Which provider are you going with?
SpaceOdyssey2001 wrote: I called to cancel right before my $60 value plan for Internet 300 expires. Later they called to offer me $65 for renewal. Still cancelled. Got a bill for already returned equipment plus a letter saying they will pass me to a collection agency if I don't pay in 10 days. Really 'nice' customer service.

I have been avoiding Telus because the first time I booked an installation it's a no-show. That's like 20 years ago. I heard Telus is doing much better now.
Jan 7, 2021
9 posts
1 upvote
I am using CIK now. $80 with Internet 300/TV (Android box)/VOIP phone. They are actually using Shaw's network. I was given a Hitron modem plus a Wifi router. I used my own Wifi 6 AX mesh instead of the provided router. So far as good. Next time I will try Telus if no good renewal deal.
warmwolfy wrote: Which provider are you going with?
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
SpaceOdyssey2001 wrote: I am using CIK now. $80 with Internet 300/TV (Android box)/VOIP phone. They are actually using Shaw's network. I was given a Hitron modem plus a Wifi router. I used my own Wifi 6 AX mesh instead of the provided router. So far as good. Next time I will try Telus if no good renewal deal.
where r u located? curious if this is offered in GVR
Jan 7, 2021
9 posts
1 upvote
I am in Alberta. Most likely CIK is available in GVR since the tech support I got was actually from Vancouver.
muffin4life wrote: where r u located? curious if this is offered in GVR
Dec 28, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Langley, BC
I'm a current Shaw customer. Contract runs out in one month from today. Best offer I have seen is $75 for Internet 600. No credits. No increase in upload speed.

Ideally I would love to get 750/ 100 or Gigabit for around the same price. Any thoughts? Anyone having any success with Shaw or other providers? I'm in the Vancouver area.

Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9614 posts
61276 upvotes
Ontario
My friend also got $150 credits with
$54 old modem
$60 new modem.

Try to ask for $150
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9614 posts
61276 upvotes
Ontario
SpaceOdyssey2001 wrote: I am in Alberta. Most likely CIK is available in GVR since the tech support I got was actually from Vancouver.
CIK is using telus or shaw?
Deal Guru
Jan 30, 2006
11934 posts
1862 upvotes
Vancouver
Hello. Can I Shaw rep message me as well. I think my two year contract expires mid summer or the fall. Maybe I qualify for this extension?

Thanks
Nov 25, 2020
6 posts
I would also greatly appreciate a DM from any shaw reps! Was on a student plan about a year ago but they didn't offer it upon renewal, currently on freedom but looking to maybe bundle in TV. Located In Vancouver.
Dec 28, 2014
36 posts
5 upvotes
Langley, BC
I'm a current Shaw customer. Contract runs out in one month from today. Best offer I have seen is $75 for Internet 600. No credits. No increase in upload speed.

Ideally I would love to get 750/ 100 or Gigabit for around the same price. Any thoughts? Anyone having any success with Shaw or other providers? I'm in the Vancouver area.

Thanks
Sep 9, 2020
3 posts
Can I get a shaw rep to contact as well for this promo? Current plan expires in May 2021

Thanks
Jan 7, 2021
9 posts
1 upvote
As a long time customer, my past experience with Shaw is they tend to rip off existing customers after contract expires. I know multiple friends who switch between Shaw and Telus every 2 years. Hope they understand it now. As for myself, I literally ripped their 'pay within 10 days or else' letter into pieces in rage. I feel they are threatening me although the billing error after I cancelled is from their side. Now I just refuse to play their games.
DealRNothing wrote: This is a business decision. Customer retention is the "easiest" marketing step to do (something Shaw is just waking up to while every other provider has known for years). New customer attraction is much more difficult and takes much more marketing dollars to do. For now, Shaw has chosen to spend the marketing dollars on stopping the exodus of subscribers. The over 1.5 year (left_i.e. 1.4>.1) "Value Plan" clients "get" non-base service increases to help offset customer credits hat are nearer their term expiration(s).

Shaw marketing is always quite obvious as to what they do and why. Just check the company quarterlies
[OP]
Jun 14, 2008
477 posts
404 upvotes
Winpeg wrote: Shaw rep plz PM me as well. Manitoba, contract up Feb 14th.
trellaine201 wrote: Hello. Can I Shaw rep message me as well. I think my two year contract expires mid summer or the fall. Maybe I qualify for this extension?

Thanks
tymanbrew wrote: I would also greatly appreciate a DM from any shaw reps! Was on a student plan about a year ago but they didn't offer it upon renewal, currently on freedom but looking to maybe bundle in TV. Located In Vancouver.
mrmas101 wrote: Can I get a shaw rep to contact as well for this promo? Current plan expires in May 2021

Thanks
Please do not ask for shaw reps to DM you. Old days are gone when reps were looking for clients. Now there is high demand for reps, most likely you will not get a DM.

Shaw reps can’t call you and give you this deal !

Read first post for eligibility.

Pick up the phone / chat with shaw!!