Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Home Internet renewal 300 mbps unlimited $54/month + $100 bill credit + free 2 phone lines YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 15th, 2021 9:15 pm
Apr 4, 2018
14 posts
6 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I am honestly just as frustrated as many here with Shaw or Telus. Our internet plans are so expensive. CRTC is supposed to make it fair for us, but more like keeping it expensive for us.
it is, isn't it. Then again, what do you expect when the Chair/CEO is a former lobbyist and VP of Telus..
Jul 30, 2012
579 posts
653 upvotes
frostiex wrote: I am honestly just as frustrated as many here with Shaw or Telus. Our internet plans are so expensive. CRTC is supposed to make it fair for us, but more like keeping it expensive for us.
Just like cell plans, one has to look at 2nd / 3rd tier providers and be prepared for equipment switch. Fido Internet deal currently being posted in Hot Deals but I vowed off Rogers.
Several lower tier providers use the Big Guys networks. Some digging and negotiating can usually get a better deal

Fido Home Internet Offer
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
DealRNothing wrote: Just like cell plans, one has to look at 2nd / 3rd tier providers and be prepared for equipment switch. Fido Internet deal currently being posted in Hot Deals but I vowed off Rogers.
Several lower tier providers use the Big Guys networks. Some digging and negotiating can usually get a better deal

Fido Home Internet Offer
Fido internet doesn't exist in BC...
Apr 14, 2019
47 posts
87 upvotes
I still have three months left on my current contract for the 54$/300 plan. Would I be able to get this deal before my current plan is up?
Jun 4, 2012
787 posts
474 upvotes
BC
Mark198866 wrote: I still have three months left on my current contract for the 54$/300 plan. Would I be able to get this deal before my current plan is up?
it's YMMV... either call or chat with Shaw... everyone's experience is different and depends if your account qualify or not...
Mar 21, 2008
302 posts
20 upvotes
Edmonton
I was told this doesn't exist. I am in Edmonton.
Jan 10, 2021
3 posts
1 upvote
Had Internet 300 and Essential TV for $60 Lowest they would go with me was either Internet 300 @ $80 or Internet 300 + Essential TV for $85.
Telus is offering Internet 1GB and Pick 5 TV for $90.
The shaw rep pretty egged me to go to Telus.

Not sure what they are doing over there...
Jul 30, 2012
579 posts
653 upvotes
MangoSalsa wrote: Had Internet 300 and Essential TV for $60 Lowest they would go with me was either Internet 300 @ $80 or Internet 300 + Essential TV for $85.
Telus is offering Internet 1GB and Pick 5 TV for $90.
The shaw rep pretty egged me to go to Telus.

Not sure what they are doing over there...
I find Telus Reps / Loyalty much more consistent in offered deals. With Shaw you run the gamit of "Rep Lottery". They are incentivized to give away as little as possible away so getting in touch with a supervisor is key if one truly insists on staying. At times, if you phone to cancel (or inquire about it), you can sometimes get them motivated. Generally, though, Shaw is pretty entrenched in not repeating low(er) offers to the same subscriber consistently.
Sep 22, 2010
485 posts
468 upvotes
Victoria
DealRNothing wrote: ... so getting in touch with a supervisor is key if one truly insists on staying.
Not always the case. I called in a couple days ago and talked to a "supervisor" who was one of, if not the rudest person I have ever had the displeasure of talking to. Interrupting me mid sentence, talking down to me, telling me I was wrong about things in my home. Halfway through I told her I was done with Shaw as a direct result of her and her treatment of me. I told her to disconnect me immediately. She refused. She informed me she was putting a $20 bill credit on my account, then hung up on me. So much for listening to the customer. Such a disappointment to be treated that way after over 1.5 decades with Shaw.
Jul 30, 2012
579 posts
653 upvotes
calvados.boualrd wrote: Not always the case. I called in a couple days ago and talked to a "supervisor" who was one of, if not the rudest person I have ever had the displeasure of talking to. Interrupting me mid sentence, talking down to me, telling me I was wrong about things in my home. Halfway through I told her I was done with Shaw as a direct result of her and her treatment of me. I told her to disconnect me immediately. She refused. She informed me she was putting a $20 bill credit on my account, then hung up on me. So much for listening to the customer. Such a disappointment to be treated that way after over 1.5 decades with Shaw.
No, not always the case but closer to a resolve than not if you can speak (or have one call you) with one. As always, the concern or complaint has to be legitimate but there are various tools for filing complaints. I have regularly suggested to Provider(s) that I will file complaint(s) with CCTS (where warranted). I find most providers don't want subscribers to go there as they know regulatory bodies don't like the Big Internet providers. No one Provider wants to have the highest record of complaints.

Resolution procedure_Shaw

As for cancellation requests, Shaw has a direct department for this to discuss.
Oct 28, 2012
65 posts
46 upvotes
VICTORIA
DealRNothing wrote: As for cancellation requests, Shaw has a direct department for this to discuss.
Not anymore. The loyalty department was dissolved and the members were scattered into normal customer care.
Feb 20, 2019
19 posts
28 upvotes
My subscription (300gb with a blue curve at ~$50 a month) ends in March. I called them 2 weeks ago and they offered $60 no credits. Didn't do it. Called them yesterday, they offered $70 no credits.
It changes by week, just hope this isn't the trend!
Sep 22, 2012
34 posts
17 upvotes
WINNIPEG
My Internet 300GB plan expires in Feb2021.
They sent me an email in Dec2020, offered Int300 @ $79\month.
I saw this on RDF in end of dec2020 and called back in early Jan, they say $54\month not available; no longer on the website.

Today, I see Int300 @ $54 & $60\month, Int600 @$80\month.
I contacted Shaw asap, so I don't miss it this time. They told me not available to new customers.
I told them it doesn't say that on the website and allows me to add to cart, when I signed in.
The chat rep says, click it and let the online team fulfill it.
Images
  • plans.JPG
May 3, 2005
20 posts
4 upvotes
Richmond
I just had my contract renewed smoothly. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Here is my tips:
- Use online Chat function is indeed much faster and easier than call in.
- Provide your account #, name of the acct at the beginning.
- Print your promo email offer to PDF, and attach to the chat as evidence.

- Provide the deal you would like to ask for. ($54/m or $60/m, $100~$150 bill credit...etc.)
- Be nice & courteous to chat agent.
- Willing to meet in the middle(or not, LOL!) to close the deal faster, to save both party the time and energy.

If you save agent's time & effort by preparing the info they needed, and be nice to them, they'll most likely be happy and give you the deal you are asking w/o any hassle.
Hope that helps everyone! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

(For the folks that are not eligible for this renewal promo, I'm sure above tips will still help quite a bit when you are trying to get other deals)
Nov 6, 2017
116 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver
goldenrod86 wrote: My Internet 300GB plan expires in Feb2021.
I saw this on RDF in end of dec2020 and called back in early Jan, they say $54\month not available; no longer on the website.

I contacted Shaw asap, so I don't miss it this time. They told me not available to new customers.
I told them it doesn't say that on the website and allows me to add to cart, when I signed in.
Saw the same thing.

I placed the order but got cancellation email the next day. The reason is it's only for existing customers.
Oct 28, 2012
65 posts
46 upvotes
VICTORIA
shiyuu wrote: I just had my contract renewed smoothly. Smiling Face With Open Mouth

Here is my tips:
- Use online Chat function is indeed much faster and easier than call in.
- Provide your account #, name of the acct at the beginning.
- Print your promo email offer to PDF, and attach to the chat as evidence.

- Provide the deal you would like to ask for. ($54/m or $60/m, $100~$150 bill credit...etc.)
- Be nice & courteous to chat agent.
- Willing to meet in the middle(or not, LOL!) to close the deal faster, to save both party the time and energy.

If you save agent's time & effort by preparing the info they needed, and be nice to them, they'll most likely be happy and give you the deal you are asking w/o any hassle.
Hope that helps everyone! Smiling Face With Open Mouth

(For the folks that are not eligible for this renewal promo, I'm sure above tips will still help quite a bit when you are trying to get other deals)
It really comes down to the agent. I've negotiated with carriers for better rates for years (Shaw, Telus, Rogers, etc) and often times it comes down to the agent.

I've noticed lately that a lot of Shaw reps are pissy, and unhelpful. I don't know if it's the high volume of calls that are coming in, or if they're overworked and understaffed, stressed, or being shit on by their management... but something is off there and it is showing in how they handle customer service. It seems lately an interaction with Shaw is a 1-2 hour minimum journey.

Definitely a frustrating experience. When my rate plan expires, I'm not sure I want to stay with Shaw just on principle.
Jun 22, 2016
305 posts
196 upvotes
Not important
Some people here are loyal to Telus because of their personal experiences with them but that is not the case with everybody! Telus wont give me a deal after my internet broke in winter, so I went to Shaw. Can't dig in winter. Every post I see of someone here is a Telus love post with anti Shaw stuff. I'll take whoever gives me the cheapest internet and after 4 calls with Telus and giving me nothing, I'm staying with Shaw. Why all this talk about shaw losing subscribers, who cares. Somebody please just give me affordable internet and I'll take it no matter what name it is. If it works, we're good.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
1232 posts
553 upvotes
Sask
Was offered 60/month over the chat and decided to switch to the hitron and got 54/month instead. Asked for credits but got turned down. Don't have the patience to contact again so took the offer. Thanks op.
Mar 22, 2018
359 posts
484 upvotes
Canada
Herrie wrote: My subscription (300gb with a blue curve at ~$50 a month) ends in March. I called them 2 weeks ago and they offered $60 no credits. Didn't do it. Called them yesterday, they offered $70 no credits.
It changes by week, just hope this isn't the trend!
So basically they offered you Internet 300 for $60 including BlueCurve Modem and you didn't take it? :facepalm:
It's not going to get cheaper, it will be going UP from here.
Mar 22, 2018
359 posts
484 upvotes
Canada
goldenrod86 wrote: My Internet 300GB plan expires in Feb2021.

The link is for "specific and existing" customers only. It's got a user id attached to it.
Your order like all the others in the thread that don't qualify will get cancelled.
All you have to do is read the original post to know you don't qualify if you're not with Shaw and didn't get the notification.

Also, it very clearly says on the website you're not eligible when you read the terms. (Just like it says in the OP)
PS. That rep should get an award. That's the best line he could have said.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

tseivan