Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

Shaw Internet 150 ($60) (Updated. Can get it in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 3:35 pm
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4074 posts
1917 upvotes
BC
Does anyone know if we can change the NAT type in this new Shaw modem?
Nov 19, 2009
158 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
I set Shaw router to bridge mode by using my own router
Sep 14, 2016
105 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary AB
Messerschmitt wrote: Thank you Shaw for not wanting to renew my 40$/75mbps and offering this 60$/150mbps deal.

My Telus 300/300 for 45/m for 2 years (expires Oct 2020) :D

PureFibre would be great. However, all TELUS could give me in my downtown Calgary condo was 15/0.8 and it would likely be years before they upgrade the building's wiring to accommodate PureFibre, if ever. Even in many residential neighbourhoods, PureFibre is still not available.
Nov 21, 2011
709 posts
134 upvotes
CALGARY
What happens after 12/24 months, any way to get this pricing forever
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2239 posts
1492 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
ScubadooX wrote: PureFibre would be great. However, all TELUS could give me in my downtown Calgary condo was 15/0.8 and it would likely be years before they upgrade the building's wiring to accommodate PureFibre, if ever. Even in many residential neighbourhoods, PureFibre is still not available.
Telus has been laying fibre for almost 30 years in Calgary, and yet Shaw has better coverage in Calgary. Telus is run by imbeciles.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2800 upvotes
caltran wrote: Telus is run by imbeciles.
No kidding. I've been trying to get hold of them to ask what they have to offer for internet, but there's no chat, no email, more than an hour wait to speak to someone on the phone, and for the last several days their web site has bizarrely claimed that internet service is not available in my area of metro Vancouver! (funny, it was available for the last 17 years up to a week ago!)
Dec 3, 2005
117 posts
Surrey
ScubadooX wrote: PureFibre would be great. However, all TELUS could give me in my downtown Calgary condo was 15/0.8 and it would likely be years before they upgrade the building's wiring to accommodate PureFibre, if ever. Even in many residential neighbourhoods, PureFibre is still not available.
How did you get it ? Any contact that you can share.. I have been on SHAW for ever and won't budge less than $65 for $75 unlimited data..Please PM me or share info here
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2239 posts
1492 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
Exp315 wrote: No kidding. I've been trying to get hold of them to ask what they have to offer for internet, but there's no chat, no email, more than an hour wait to speak to someone on the phone, and for the last several days their web site has bizarrely claimed that internet service is not available in my area of metro Vancouver! (funny, it was available for the last 17 years up to a week ago!)
When you're at their website, make sure your region is set to BC. The region sets your available services and chat options. Unfortunately their geo-IP system is wrong almost all the time. And even if you login, the region may still be set incorrectly. I've complained multiple times about this but like I said, Telus is run by imbeciles.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
1763 posts
2335 upvotes
caltran wrote: Telus has been laying fibre for almost 30 years in Calgary, and yet Shaw has better coverage in Calgary. Telus is run by imbeciles.
Most of Calgary has pure fibre for Telus. If your residence doesn't have it, that isn't the fault of Telus or any other company.
Deal Addict
Dec 8, 2001
4224 posts
220 upvotes
Calgary
User381785 wrote: Most of Calgary has pure fibre for Telus. If your residence doesn't have it, that isn't the fault of Telus or any other company.
Not sure where you got your info, but a lot of the NW doesn't have it, even in 30 year old neighbourhoods.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2800 upvotes
caltran wrote: When you're at their website, make sure your region is set to BC. The region sets your available services and chat options. Unfortunately their geo-IP system is wrong almost all the time. And even if you login, the region may still be set incorrectly. I've complained multiple times about this but like I said, Telus is run by imbeciles.
Yes, my region was set to BC, as always. The Telus web site address-checking system was just broken over the weekend, came back up an hour ago.

In the meantime I waited long enough on hold to speak to an agent, who was able to check my address, and proceeded to give me incorrect information. "PikTV? Oh, that's limited to 5 channels total." Me: "Isn't that 5 in addition to the basic Canadian channels?" Agent: "No, 5 total channels." (wrong)

It's always sad when customer service agents don't know their own company's products as well as a member of the public who's done 10 minutes research.
Sep 14, 2016
105 posts
50 upvotes
Calgary AB
dost wrote: How did you get it ? Any contact that you can share.. I have been on SHAW for ever and won't budge less than $65 for $75 unlimited data..Please PM me or share info here
If you're an existing Shaw Internet customer, they won't give you the $60 rate. I got it because I was switching from TELUS.
Mar 7, 2011
111 posts
91 upvotes
So as an existing customer, can I just sign up a new account in my wife's name and then close my current account?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10820 posts
82428 upvotes
Ontario
dbieb440 wrote: So as an existing customer, can I just sign up a new account in my wife's name and then close my current account?
Yes, you can do that. Only if you don't have a contract.

If you are paying around $70 right now, maybe you can wait until BF to see if they have something better. I doubt it though.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2239 posts
1492 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
lip1978 wrote: Not sure where you got your info, but a lot of the NW, NE, SW and SE doesn't have it, even in 30 year old neighbourhoods.
There, fixed it.
Mar 7, 2011
111 posts
91 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Yes, you can do that. Only if you don't have a contract.

If you are paying around $70 right now, maybe you can wait until BF to see if they have something better. I doubt it though.
I'm at $85 for Internet 150. 2 year contract just ended. Chatted Shaw to see if I could get the $60 deal but they didnt budge. Was looking at Teksavvy, but then the lightbulb went off on the idea of signing up in my wife's name.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10820 posts
82428 upvotes
Ontario
dbieb440 wrote: I'm at $85 for Internet 150. 2 year contract just ended. Chatted Shaw to see if I could get the $60 deal but they didnt budge. Was looking at Teksavvy, but then the lightbulb went off on the idea of signing up in my wife's name.
Call again. try to ask for a manager. Apparently, customer service reps lose points if they cancel or reduce a customer's monthly plan.
If they get enough points, they will get a bonus pay. I think Shaw is doing the same so most of the reps just say no and hope you call again and someone else will get ding instead of them. Ask to speak to the retention.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2351 posts
1998 upvotes
Vancouver
Exp315 wrote: No kidding. I've been trying to get hold of them to ask what they have to offer for internet, but there's no chat, no email, more than an hour wait to speak to someone on the phone, and for the last several days their web site has bizarrely claimed that internet service is not available in my area of metro Vancouver! (funny, it was available for the last 17 years up to a week ago!)
www.telus.com/chat
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2351 posts
1998 upvotes
Vancouver
Exp315 wrote: Check the topics: Tech support and Billing only.
I used them to get my pricing and availability via chat no problem, took all of 5 minutes. Not sure why they won't do the same for you.