Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

Shaw Internet 150 ($60) (Updated. Can get it in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 3:35 pm
Sep 14, 2016
665 posts
683 upvotes
Calgary AB
Thatdealguy wrote: I'm surprised. I always thought business account will get more deals/
I wasn't interested in getting a better price on 15/0.8. I needed faster upload speed, which is technically impossible with TELUS.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
Speedy1 wrote: Shaw must love your business. You were/are over paying. Read this and telus thread (ongoing deals) carefully and see what others are getting. That's what you should aim for. Keep in mind, you may have to call back a few times as some reps are generous and others are stingy. GL.
Called twice and same thing, spent over 2 hours waiting/on the phone now and no results. Not sure how much more time I want to spend on this despite knowing I can save some cash, I'm always spending time that could be better used elsewhere.
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
dkvby wrote: Im in Victoria and just renew the 2year contract to internet 300 for $80/month, I only have internet with shaw and I was paying $80 for internet 150 before.
Nice. Not getting very far on this despite calling twice now. I know many others have called many more times than that to get results they are happy with, just not sure how many more hours I want to potentially waste on this. Frustrating dealing with such BS
Please don't ask or beg for "thanks". Don't act like this is Facebook. If someone found your post helpful, let them decide if they want to make that click. The more you beg, the less you'll get. Cheers
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2005
2288 posts
3265 upvotes
Victoria
Narci wrote: He was genuinely helpful and condescending. I wish ever rep was like him.
I don't think you know what one of those words means ;)
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
tofinoguy wrote: I don't think you know what one of those words means ;)
I was thinking the same thing
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
Richfields wrote: I'm always spending time that could be better used elsewhere.
Should be the RFD motto
Aug 17, 2006
749 posts
171 upvotes
Narci wrote: Existing customer to Shaw. My 2 year contract was up and was about to be charged $110 a month for 150.

Called in and the first CSR seem interested in trying to give me a deal to renew a contract. Was offered standard plan.

Ended up getting transferred to loyalty/retentions and an amazing gentlemen help me. All I asked was if I can get a deal like the $60 a month for $150 for 2 years. He put me on hold and came back 5 minutes and was offered $55 a month for a year. I accepted. This rep was wonderful. He was genuinely helpful and condescending. I wish ever rep was like him.
Nice. I was basically in the same situation as you with 2 months left on my internet 150 contract. I called in to cancel, planning to take advantage of a Bell-MTS offer of internet/phone/TV for $60/month (12 months). Shaw matched the $60/month for 12 months (no contract, just internet 150) so I decided to take it and avoid the hassle of switching again. They also broke my contract which was a bonus.
"The bicycle is the most efficient machine ever created: Converting calories into gas, a bicycle gets the equivalent of three thousand miles per gallon."
-Bill Strickland
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2011
3793 posts
2427 upvotes
West Coast
adilh53 wrote: Should be the RFD motto
So true
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2003
4686 posts
3840 upvotes
Edmonton
Why is this in expired? The sign up link in the OP is still active, and I was able to get the plan earlier today after going through that link.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6083 posts
727 upvotes
Vancouver
tofinoguy wrote: I don't think you know what one of those words means ;)
Typo lol meant yo say not condescending. The first rep was total opposite though.
Jan 28, 2013
329 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
Just called Telus to match the Shaw deal.

After speaking with their loyalty dept, they managed to match Shaw's offer at $60/mo for two years. Since I am on a contract with Telus (signed up 3-4 months ago) they were unable to give me a $250 credit. I accepted - since there would've been a cancellation charge if I left Telus anyway.

Overall, it did take a while... from the online chat to a phone call from a rep, and then a call back from the loyalty department. Altogether about 2.5 hours, but most of the time was waiting. The rep at the loyalty dept matched it immediately when I directed him to the shop.shaw.ca/internet150offer website.

Thanks OP. Saved me a boat load of money for the next couple of years!
Oct 22, 2018
11 posts
3 upvotes
Got this deal as well. The rep offered it when I phoned in and asked for this deal. I was expecting to be a hassle but it was so easy! Thanks OP!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)