Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

Shaw Internet 150 ($60) (Updated. Can get it in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 3:35 pm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12142 posts
111540 upvotes
Ontario
August Flash sale (expired):

Internet 75 = $40 (no contract)
Inter 150 = $60 (2 years)
Internet 300 = $70 ( no contract)

You can try to get these plans or cheaper when you call to Retention.
Last edited by Thatdealguy on Oct 3rd, 2018 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2084 posts
1560 upvotes
Paying $10 a month is a great price for internet. Why would anyone want to switch from that price? Or for that matter expect high speed internet to be less than $10 per month?

I mean if those a reasonable questions, my bad.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2017
2084 posts
1560 upvotes
Feegus wrote: To be clear, I pay this in addition to my internet package.
See here is the confusion, I thought you paid $10 total per month lol Which I’m like is amazing.
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
2043 posts
676 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyway to swing a deal for current customers? I been with them for like close to 10 years and would like to get something nice of a deal.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4444 posts
3798 upvotes
Ontario
Shaw sucks in Ontario where I am. They don't have higher then 15/1.5 costs us something near $100 with tax. The saturation been so bad for 3 years we hardly get 1/1.
---
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2290 posts
1410 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
shayne85 wrote: Paying $10 a month is a great price for internet. Why would anyone want to switch from that price? Or for that matter expect high speed internet to be less than $10 per month?

I mean if those a reasonable questions, my bad.
You misread. Telus has/had an option to add unlimited internet on top of your plan.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2007
2583 posts
305 upvotes
Winnipeg
pentexplorer wrote: Anyway to swing a deal for current customers? I been with them for like close to 10 years and would like to get something nice of a deal.
I'm hoping so. My 2y Shaw 150 for $75 a month is about to expire. I'll sign up again for $60/mth.

But knowing Shaw, new customers will be excluded.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2017
2001 posts
1459 upvotes
Calgary
Internet 150 = $60
Is that $60 each month for the full two years?
Or $60*x months followed by full price for remainder of term?
Jun 20, 2008
337 posts
479 upvotes
Winnipeg
pentexplorer wrote: Anyway to swing a deal for current customers? I been with them for like close to 10 years and would like to get something nice of a deal.
I was coming to the end of my 2 year contract last month, when there were some pretty sweet promos for new customers. I started chatting with a Shaw rep on Reddit and he offered me Internet 75, tv, and home phone for $60/month for 1 year no contract. The only catch was that I had to cancel my service and get my wife to sign up. The install went smoothly, and they left my router so I didn't even have to change my wifi. I could link her new account onto our MyShaw account, and they even put my leftover credit towards her bill without me even asking. Pretty painless, if you have a spouse or roomate.
Feb 1, 2002
63 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
mnikkel wrote: I was coming to the end of my 2 year contract last month, when there were some pretty sweet promos for new customers. I started chatting with a Shaw rep on Reddit and he offered me Internet 75, tv, and home phone for $60/month for 1 year no contract. The only catch was that I had to cancel my service and get my wife to sign up. The install went smoothly, and they left my router so I didn't even have to change my wifi. I could link her new account onto our MyShaw account, and they even put my leftover credit towards her bill without me even asking. Pretty painless, if you have a spouse or roomate.
Were you able to retain the email addresses from your old account and migrate to your wife's new account?
Jan 4, 2007
311 posts
135 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: Shaw Promo ( Have to call the sales team)

Sign 2 years contract
Internet 150 = $60
Plus $250 credits if you switch from Telus

Month to Month
Internet 75 = $50
No Contract (12 months Pricing)

Shaw doesn't have student promo pricing anymore.
Telus still have their student promo until Oct 15th 2018

*Note Shaw removed their $10 referral program
It was a bad program anyway. Referrer gets $10 but not both.
Where are you seeing this? the shaw website says its $50 for 6 months on a 2-year ValuePlan^ $95/MO* for months 7 - 24. The credit is only $100. https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans/
Jun 20, 2008
337 posts
479 upvotes
Winnipeg
doghouse wrote: Were you able to retain the email addresses from your old account and migrate to your wife's new account?
I don't know, I've never used Shaw email so I didn't ask. However, I kept the same Myaccount id, so maybe you can keep your email too. You'd have to ask. I'm sure some Shaw reps will be in this thread tomorrow to answer questions. They always show up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2002
6052 posts
564 upvotes
Vancouver
I’m on Shaw 150 for he last 2 years and I have a 1TB cap. Of course this was an old plan, I believe if you sign up now it’s unlimited.

I called couple months ago and retentions only offered me $80 a month for a 2 year contract.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
1487 posts
344 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I called two months ago threatening to switch to CanCom and they offered me $70 for Shaw 150 unlimited on two year contract.
May 26, 2017
41 posts
11 upvotes
If you do that math with $250 credit, the 150 mbps plan comes to $50/mo but u have the contract
Aug 14, 2018
136 posts
311 upvotes
Feegus wrote: Gloating? Not my intent. I have the most basic slowest damn internet package from Telus but I keep it because there is no cap. I stream a lot so it's handy. I'm sure Shaw has something like this but maybe it costs more. I don't know, that's why I asked.
Shaw doesn't charge you going over the cap, i once went a TB over the cap and 0 charges

Employee says: "That's a good question. We don't charge for overages, so the most likely thing that would happen is if you started going over the limit consistently, then our Bandwidth team would get in touch and suggest switching to the unlimited data option. "

but they have never said anything.
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4147 posts
2026 upvotes
BC
I thought shaw reps had the best deals on promos.
could a rep sweeten this deal even more for a Telus convert or is calling in really just as good?