Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

Shaw Internet 150 ($60) (Updated. Can get it in store)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 25th, 2018 3:35 pm
Nov 6, 2011
205 posts
77 upvotes
Montreal
Is it $60/mo for the full duration of the contract?

What's the number for their sales team?
Nov 26, 2011
6 posts
BURNABY
Called Shaw sales, first 6 month only for promo. Where did op get this info?
[OP]
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12156 posts
111989 upvotes
Ontario
melnik wrote: Called Shaw sales, first 6 month only for promo. Where did op get this info?
Got the info from my friend’s friend who works at Shaw Head office. You probably got a lazy sales rep. Try to call again or ask for a supervisor.

Note: new customer only
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Jan 2 - 29th Member Savings (Costco)
Oct 6, 2016
258 posts
93 upvotes
langley, BC
Thatdealguy wrote: Shaw Promo ( Have to call the sales team)

Sign 2 years contract
Internet 150 = $60
Plus $250 credits if you switch from Telus

Month to Month
Internet 75 = $50
No Contract (12 months Pricing)

Shaw doesn't have student promo pricing anymore.
Telus still have their student promo until Oct 15th 2018

*Note Shaw removed their $10 referral program
It was a bad program anyway. Referrer gets $10 but not both.
That's for 6 months only.
Source: https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans/
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4150 posts
2031 upvotes
BC
RiasatAbir wrote: Perhaps you should confirm with your friend that he understood your friend correctly :P
Called shaw and they don't know about this offer!
I signed up for it today. You are wrong.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2017
2002 posts
2891 upvotes
Spoken with three agents, none know about this offer
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
4150 posts
2031 upvotes
BC
RiasatAbir wrote: Are you sure it's not 6 months with this price, does it explicitly say the price for the full 2 year contract.
Yes, I'm positive. If you're really that interested I can get you in touch with the rep who has this offer.
Sep 1, 2017
56 posts
18 upvotes
Calgary
Derfel wrote: Existing customers? I'm guessing not.
Unfortunately not, try reaching out to our loyalty team. I've have seen many instances where they have given out fantastic deals to existing customers.
Eric Yu
Shaw Communications
(403)991-2589
[email protected]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1297 posts
230 upvotes
Calgary
Battlelobsta wrote: Unfortunately not, try reaching out to our loyalty team. I've have seen many instances where they have given out fantastic deals to existing customers.
Yeah, doubtful as I just signed a 2-year at $80/month for the 150 package. I've never had a good experience with the loyalty team in the decade or so I've been with Shaw.
Jan 4, 2013
563 posts
199 upvotes
CyniC- wrote: I called two months ago threatening to switch to CanCom and they offered me $70 for Shaw 150 unlimited on two year contract.
I wish I had done that, little dissapointed in CanCom after I switched in the summer.
JohnnyS71686 wrote: Shaw doesn't charge you going over the cap, i once went a TB over the cap and 0 charges

Employee says: "That's a good question. We don't charge for overages, so the most likely thing that would happen is if you started going over the limit consistently, then our Bandwidth team would get in touch and suggest switching to the unlimited data option. "

but they have never said anything.
I think they used to throttle your speeds, or atleast did years ago when I used to live with my parents. I remember having my desktop pretty much downloading and uploading stuff 24/7 and I could always tell when I went over the 300gb or whatever the limit was back then and my speeds dropped quite a bit, may have just be coincidence though.
Nov 4, 2013
2 posts
3 upvotes
Edmonton
Last month I called Shaw to cancel my basic $25 cable plan but wanted to keep my Shaw 150. When I explained this to the rep on the phone she transferred me to retention. Retention offered me Shaw 150 for 65 on a two year contract.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1148 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
InvalidDeal wrote: Telus is installing fiber on my street, I just don't know if they'll be installing to houses by Oct 15.

Forever Shaw Internet 300 with dial-up upload speeds :(
I am on Shaw's Internet 150 plan and I am consistently getting between 174-178 Mbps down and 16.21 Mbps upload (dust till dawn) via a wired connection. I will never compare Shaw and Telus speeds over wifi as it is a pointless test because of all the different wifi standards and connected devices. But fiber is better in many ways (that is why Telus is spending billions to replace their old system) over copper cables however it looks like Shaw will be adopting docsis 3.1 because the specs on their current modem which supports Internet 300 can potentially achieve gigabits speeds. I think Rogers has started offering gigabit speeds with docsis 3.1 actually but for some reason Shaw hasn't hopped on board.

I did find it confusing that you think 16.21 Mbps (correction: up to 20 Mbps) is considered "dial-up" speeds on your Internet 300 connection with Shaw when you should know that the theoretical transfer speed on a 56k v.90 or v.92 baud modem is 56 kbps (hence 56k in the name). I think 150 Mbps is fast enough and 300 or anything faster is just a waste of money and bandwidth that won't be of any benefit in my home for sure.
Last edited by QuickFingers on Oct 6th, 2018 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2017
1148 posts
1785 upvotes
Vancouver
Thatdealguy wrote: Shaw Promo ( Have to call the sales team)

Sign 2 years contract
Internet 150 = $60
Plus $250 credits if you switch from Telus

Month to Month
Internet 75 = $50
No Contract (12 months Pricing)

Shaw doesn't have student promo pricing anymore.
Telus still have their student promo until Oct 15th 2018

*Note Shaw removed their $10 referral program
It was a bad program anyway. Referrer gets $10 but not both.
From their website it appears they are still taking forms for their referral program.
https://www.shaw.ca/store/campaign/referral.jsp

"How does the refer-a-friend program work?
Refer a friend and get $25 off your bill for each Shaw Internet, TV and Phone service they order, and they'll get $10 off their bill. **

You can refer as many friends as you like, so the savings are endless."
Jun 22, 2015
336 posts
172 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mnikkel wrote: I was coming to the end of my 2 year contract last month, when there were some pretty sweet promos for new customers. I started chatting with a Shaw rep on Reddit and he offered me Internet 75, tv, and home phone for $60/month for 1 year no contract. The only catch was that I had to cancel my service and get my wife to sign up. The install went smoothly, and they left my router so I didn't even have to change my wifi. I could link her new account onto our MyShaw account, and they even put my leftover credit towards her bill without me even asking. Pretty painless, if you have a spouse or roomate.
We do this at my house. Just cycle through family members to put the account under. You can be a new customer after 2 years of inactivity if I'm not mistaken. Done it twice now anyways.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2017
3859 posts
2807 upvotes
DeadHead wrote: We do this at my house. Just cycle through family members to put the account under. You can be a new customer after 2 years of inactivity if I'm not mistaken. Done it twice now anyways.
I think it's only 90 days.

In any case, retention deals seem to be totally random with both Shaw and Telus. I suspect they have a big spinner on the wall, and when someone gets transferred to retentions they just give it a spin and see where it lands. That's certainly the impression customers get. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2007
5603 posts
2144 upvotes
Vancouver
Sievert wrote: How'd you swing that?
I think it is an add on.
Regular price is $15 per month so he likely got a $5 discount or credit.

Not sure how long Telus has had it but I just noticed this morning that Telus has a Refer a Friend program:

Bring your friends to TELUS. Earn a reward.
Refer family and friends to TELUS and receive a reward valued up to $200 Each type of product (Home Phone, Internet, TV, or Mobility) they sign up for earns you a reward valued at $50!

If it wasn't for competition between telus and shaw, I would be paying extra $50 to $75 per month x 4 accounts = $200 to $300 per month for past few years.

Competition is what drives the price down for consumers.