Ongoing Deal Discussion

[Shaw] Shaw Internet Plans

  • Last Updated:
  • May 14th, 2021 9:02 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

[Shaw] Shaw Internet Plans

Hi everyone. Shaw is currently offering $75 per month for 24 months for Internet 300. I just talked to retentions as I have a soon to expire plan and they were firm with the above. The number was 1-888-481-1081.

Has anyone been able to get a lower price recently? If yes, which department did you contact and what was your specific circumstance (ie. new customer vs existing customer on expiring contract vs ex-customer on a "win-back" type deal). Thank you for sharing your experience.
976 replies
Newbie
Oct 14, 2010
89 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
I also received the 75/mo offer for internet 300. I talked to 3 different reps and insisted I would need a lower priced offer to stay with them. No luck. Ended up scheduling a cancellation and will be moving to a (cheaper and faster) local competitor.
Sr. Member
Mar 29, 2011
873 posts
84 upvotes
Do you guys happen to have Telus PureFibre available in your area though?
何も捨てることができない人には何も変えることはできないだろう~
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Helmholtz wrote: I also received the 75/mo offer for internet 300. I talked to 3 different reps and insisted I would need a lower priced offer to stay with them. No luck. Ended up scheduling a cancellation and will be moving to a (cheaper and faster) local competitor.
Thank you for sharing your experience. If you decide to go with another carrier, perhaps consider not signing a contract with them right away in case Shaw offers you some kind of winback deal (not confirmed, I'm just speculating). Good luck!
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
uruha wrote: Do you guys happen to have Telus PureFibre available in your area though?
Yes but the current Telus public offer is Internet 150 for $90 per month x 24 months which is a far worse deal. They probably have something better for return customers but I am not aware of details.
Member
Dec 11, 2013
331 posts
201 upvotes
Victoria
They called me to offer $69/mo but I declined because I wanted to do research first. My contract is up in December ($65 Internet 300). If they don't call me again, I will contact them via online chat like I did two years ago.
Sr. Member
Apr 23, 2006
849 posts
313 upvotes
'Berta
I’m currently paying $50/month for Internet 300 which I got a year ago, but I also have home phone and TV bundled in with it too.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5289 posts
3770 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
Turducken604 wrote: Thank you for sharing your experience. If you decide to go with another carrier, perhaps consider not signing a contract with them right away in case Shaw offers you some kind of winback deal (not confirmed, I'm just speculating). Good luck!
Even if you sign a contract, you have 15 days to cancel without penalty. I'm sure Shaw will call within 15 days.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1084 posts
716 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: Even if you sign a contract, you have 15 days to cancel without penalty. I'm sure Shaw will call within 15 days.
Shaw's prices are awful, I have gigabit for $65/month from Telus, unfortunately my 2nd residence doesn't have PureFibre. Shaw will not negotiate, Telus will, if you are a new customer call them and I bet you get a far better deal than Shaw.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 5, 2016
5289 posts
3770 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
iamsiege wrote: Shaw's prices are awful, I have gigabit for $65/month from Telus, unfortunately my 2nd residence doesn't have PureFibre. Shaw will not negotiate, Telus will, if you are a new customer call them and I bet you get a far better deal than Shaw.
I switched to Telus too. I got the same gigabit offer.
Newbie
Mar 12, 2008
21 posts
5 upvotes
bomber17 wrote: I switched to Telus too. I got the same gigabit offer.
How did you get $65 gigabit? Is this recently?
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1084 posts
716 upvotes
lippy26 wrote: How did you get $65 gigabit? Is this recently?
Longtime customer, I just called them when gigabit came out and was nice to their loyalty department.
Sr. Member
Mar 29, 2011
873 posts
84 upvotes
long time shaw customer here~ couldn't even get them to give me 300Mbps for 75... no Telus PureFibre in the area though...
何も捨てることができない人には何も変えることはできないだろう~
Jr. Member
Oct 14, 2007
150 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
Been trying to figure out who to go with after years with Shaw. They couldn't do better than $102 for Internet 600, or $90 for Internet 300. Swapping to Can Com for Internet 750 for $80. Can Com doesn't have me on contract so I'll be able to jump to any decent offer that comes along, where Telus and Shaw both want me locked in for 2 years.
Jr. Member
Sep 16, 2013
118 posts
134 upvotes
Calgary
Over chat this morning I was messaging them to cancel. Was offered $80 for Fibre+ 300 with a $100 loyalty credit. Over 24 months works out to $75.84/month
Jr. Member
Aug 7, 2019
119 posts
470 upvotes
Vancouver
My contract is about to expire in mid November. From what I understand, if you can, best is to close down account as soon as 2 year value is up. Wait a few days and sign up for whatever Black Friday promotion they will have with other household member's name.
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
bob5593 wrote: They called me to offer $69/mo but I declined because I wanted to do research first. My contract is up in December ($65 Internet 300). If they don't call me again, I will contact them via online chat like I did two years ago.
Yes Shaw originally offered me $69 per month for Internet 300 but also said they would downgrade my modem from the current Blue Curve Gateway to the older Hitron model. To stay on the Blue Curve, would be $75 per month. So dumb as I am already using the Blue Curve modem on my existing contract. Here is a link that describes the modems: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/internet-art ... /ta-p/5756
[OP]
Newbie
Jul 23, 2014
23 posts
17 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Teddite wrote: Been trying to figure out who to go with after years with Shaw. They couldn't do better than $102 for Internet 600, or $90 for Internet 300. Swapping to Can Com for Internet 750 for $80. Can Com doesn't have me on contract so I'll be able to jump to any decent offer that comes along, where Telus and Shaw both want me locked in for 2 years.
I am surprised you could not get even Internet 300 for $75 per month from Shaw. It is currently advertised as such on their website. https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans
Jr. Member
Oct 14, 2007
150 posts
55 upvotes
Calgary
Turducken604 wrote: I am surprised you could not get even Internet 300 for $75 per month from Shaw. It is currently advertised as such on their website. https://www.shaw.ca/internet/plans
Likely your regional pricing. It's showing as $100 for the first 24 months for me for Internet 300, and $110/month afterwards.
Newbie
Jan 21, 2011
24 posts
Here is the retention plan I got today. $60 for internet 300 and $50 for total tv including boxes for 4 tvs.
Images
  • 025BE751-A6CD-461E-8938-3DC3B331A9D9.png

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 3 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 0 guests)

MrShawSales, gpmike, Shaw123