Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

Shaw Mobile 3GB $15 plan for existing Shaw internet customer YMMV (possible $10?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 4:20 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2008
2096 posts
1060 upvotes
Home
adilh53 wrote: So basically these shaw agents know they can make the change but choose not to help and waste our time.

How bitter and miserable agents in these jobs must be to make clients go through this instead of taking a minute to help someone out
I'm sure they've been trained instructed to do so. Your frustration is directed at the wrong ppl.
Feb 29, 2012
503 posts
191 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: While the audio quality is better, I have always disabled VoLTE. My signal strength when making and receiving calls is much stronger when my phone isn't connected to an LTE channel.
I am on Freedom and do not notice any difference between 3G/H+ and LTE signal strength?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2127 posts
2234 upvotes
janasj wrote: Thanks. The store associate said data would be fully cut after 3GB so wanted to check with other members.
No it won’t.... you will not get cut completely after 3GB is used up since you are no longer on “By the Gig” plan
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
reachedlegendary1 wrote: I am on Freedom and do not notice any difference between 3G/H+ and LTE signal strength?
I'm not referring to signal strength per se. Rather I'm comparing the voice call quality between VoLTE enabled calls and those using 3G.
But overall I notice there's usually a big difference in signal strength between 3G and LTE on Freedom/Shaw. I have also found Samsung phones have better reception and signal strength overall compared to iPhones.
Feb 29, 2012
503 posts
191 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: I'm not referring to signal strength per se. Rather I'm comparing the voice call quality between VoLTE enabled calls and those using 3G.
But overall I notice there's usually a big difference in signal strength between 3G and LTE on Freedom/Shaw. I have also found Samsung phones have better reception and signal strength overall compared to iPhones.
I have an iPhone 12 and don't notice the call quality being poor on Freedom VoLTE vs when I used this on AT&T 5G.
(Can't wait for Freedom 5G to come online, though I am happy with the 80mbps I can get on LTE.)
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
reachedlegendary1 wrote: I have an iPhone 12 and don't notice the call quality being poor on Freedom VoLTE vs when I used this on AT&T 5G.
(Can't wait for Freedom 5G to come online, though I am happy with the 80mbps I can get on LTE.)
Audio quality isn't poor on Freedom while using VoLTE or 3G. They're both good but better when using VoLTE in my experience.
Apr 5, 2021
3 posts
3 upvotes
janasj wrote: I got mine yesterday in Edmonton. It was for $15/3GB.

The store manager looked at my chat transcript about $10/3GB and said he will ask backend team to update pricing.

One question- after the 3GB limit, does it switch to low speed internet or no internet at all?
Got an update from Shaw today. My plan is switched to $10/3GB per month. Happy that the store manager was able to get this done as a backend update.
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
Just to confirm no overages on this 3GB plan (I have for $10). They’ve made updates to the 3GB plan on My Shaw Mobile, shows Nationwide as well:
361571B5-6F30-4CB1-B3AA-AA5BF7953F0A.png
Last edited by mikeyr on Apr 16th, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Mar 3, 2004
493 posts
346 upvotes
No luck with Shaw Mobile chat. They said ended Apr 1 and claims no way to override and this will not come back. Anyone try in BC? (ie. Shaw retail outlet at Metrotown?)
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
specialfx3000 wrote: No luck with Shaw Mobile chat. They said ended Apr 1 and claims no way to override and this will not come back. Anyone try in BC? (ie. Shaw retail outlet at Metrotown?)
Any luck with 3GB for $15? Might need to try a store.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Sep 14, 2009
668 posts
333 upvotes
Kingston
Was anyone without Shaw home Internet able to get this plan? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
1377 posts
247 upvotes
EDM Area
mikeyr wrote: Any luck with 3GB for $15? Might need to try a store.
To get the deal in the Calgary area you need to go to the Market Mall Shaw store as that is the only one doing it around here. I went there yesterday and was able get the 3gb/$15.00 + $30.00 activation w/o any issues. Yes I do use Shaw for internet also.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
Someone on Reddit posted they were offered a $15/15 GB retention plan with Shaw Mobile.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2127 posts
2234 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Someone on Reddit posted they were offered a $15/15 GB retention plan with Shaw Mobile.
That dude was confused ... no way 15$ for 15 GB...
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: That dude was confused ... no way 15$ for 15 GB...
He also wrote another post that the CSR reneged on the offer but in an additional post he wrote "I called, and they said the offers are only available if it’s sent to people. I was able to get a 15% off for 12 months tho as a substitute"
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2127 posts
2234 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: He also wrote another post that the CSR reneged on the offer but in an additional post he wrote "I called, and they said the offers are only available if it’s sent to people. I was able to get a 15% off for 12 months tho as a substitute"
Sounds to me the csr is just trying to get him off the phone.... no cel company in Canada would want to retain someone that bad and offers 15$/15 GB including roaming with other telco within Canada.

10$ for 3GB (including roaming) is already a steal. That is $3.33 per GB... unheard of before Shaw Mobile offered it for like a week. considering they have to buy bulk roaming data from the big 3 ... those of us who tried relentlessly though chat and calls... it was well worth it as I don’t see that promo making a return anytime soon.
Last edited by fluidmax on Apr 19th, 2021 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: Sounds to me the csr is just trying to get him off the phone.... no cel company in Canada would want to retain someone that bad and offers 15$/15 GB including roaming with other telco within Canada
Given how horrible Shaw's customer service is these days, I wouldn't be surprised. I hear their Shaw Executive Office (like Rogers Office of the President) is exceptionally busy these days "putting out fires".
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2127 posts
2234 upvotes
sheyenne wrote: Given how horrible Shaw's customer service is these days, I wouldn't be surprised. I hear their Shaw Executive Office (like Rogers Office of the President) is exceptionally busy these days "putting out fires".
Shaw is no different than the big 3 when it comes to customer service... they got good agents and bad agents. It’s a luck of the draw when it comes to promos.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2215 posts
1059 upvotes
fluidmax wrote: Shaw is no different than the big 3 when it comes to customer service... they got good agents and bad agents. It’s a luck of the draw when it comes to promos.
That's true (now). Most of Shaw's agents now are bad (in my experience).

As recent as three or four years ago, Shaw's customer service was top tier compared to the Big 3.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)