Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

Shaw Mobile 3GB $15 plan for existing Shaw internet customer YMMV (possible $10?)

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 4:20 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6959 posts
6593 upvotes
Calgary
fifi75 wrote: Do you have to pay an activation for those already on the $0 plan?
Doubt it. If you are active.
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
Just tried talking to an agent online. They were only able to offer me $15 for 2gb for an existing customer. They said to contact loyalty and try my luck there.
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2006
3822 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
we're gonna miss these great deals once regulation approves the buyout from rogers
...
Jr. Member
Feb 12, 2017
117 posts
90 upvotes
AdamKing wrote: I thought the activation fee was $25? Did I remember wrong? Or they increased it?
It was $20 before, not sure exactly when it changed.
Newbie
May 24, 2019
20 posts
18 upvotes
I have two $0 plans for my kids and I just switched them to this 3GB promo plan via chat. No problems whatsoever.

I'm an existing customer and the best they could do was 3GB for $15. I asked about the 3GB for $10 and they said it was only for new sign-ups. Not sure if that is true or not...

I also asked about overages and they said anything over 3GB data would be throttled until the next billing cycle.
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
Wtf? I just tried again and they said that couldn't do it. I said okay for the 2gb for $15 instead...
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6959 posts
6593 upvotes
Calgary
chriswojciechow wrote: Wtf? I just tried again and they said that couldn't do it. I said okay for the 2gb for $15 instead...
You could always drive to Market Mall.....
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
SammyDavis wrote: You could always drive to Market Mall.....
Thanks - they said it was only offered to selected customers.
Don't know if I want to drive across town to risk it.
I'm good with the $15 for 2gb for now anyway. Better than the $10 per gig add-on to my $0 plan...
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
11110 posts
87289 upvotes
Ontario
A non-refundable one-time connection fee of $30.00 applies.
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
Okay, called into loyalty for a final attempt and said that I would downgrade back from the 2gb $15 plan to $0 by the gig plan, as I knew other people were getting 3gb for $15.

But the agent said he was happy to put me onto the 3gb for $15.

Done - but wish it wasn't so hard sometimes.
But I guess you can still get the deal even if you weren't one of the lucky selected customers in the first place Thumbs Up Sign
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
Thatdealguy wrote: A non-refundable one-time connection fee of $30.00 applies.
Guess that's only for new customers. I didn't get charged as an existing customer. Slightly Smiling Face
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1129 posts
434 upvotes
Abbotsford
chriswojciechow wrote: Okay, called into loyalty for a final attempt and said that I would downgrade back from the 2gb $15 plan to $0 by the gig plan, as I knew other people were getting 3gb for $15.

But the agent said he was happy to put me onto the 3gb for $15.

Done - but wish it wasn't so hard sometimes.
But I guess you can still get the deal even if you weren't one of the lucky selected customers in the first place Thumbs Up Sign
What is the phone number for loyalty?
[OP]
Member
Jul 7, 2004
392 posts
231 upvotes
chriswojciechow wrote: Thanks - they said it was only offered to selected customers.
Don't know if I want to drive across town to risk it.
I'm good with the $15 for 2gb for now anyway. Better than the $10 per gig add-on to my $0 plan...
I think it is selected location, Not selected customers.
1 x Fido 4GB Data Plan $0 and 1 x Shaw Talk/Text $0 ( Huawei Nova 5T dual sim )
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
net_essential wrote: I think it is selected location, Not selected customers.
Possibly.

But this is a transcript from my 2nd chat with them online:


"
That is a plan available only in specific stores, that would be given ns advertised

Adama 2 Mar 29:

I think those eligible were directed to the stores to redeem

Adam at 19a2 Mar 29

We do have a $15 for 2GB monthly as a normal offer
"
Sr. Member
User avatar
Nov 25, 2014
646 posts
733 upvotes
Get $0 talk/text plan for existing customer from Shaw
Get 2 year x $10 a month for 4gb of data and a free tablet from Fido

You just need a dual sim phone
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
OutOfSt0ck wrote: Get $0 talk/text plan for existing customer from Shaw
Get 2 year x $10 a month for 4gb of data and a free tablet from Fido

You just need a dual sim phone
Do you need to be an existing Fido mobile customer to get that tablet plan?
Or is there a way around that?
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2008
1129 posts
434 upvotes
Abbotsford
chriswojciechow wrote: I just called 611 and asked for loyalty.
Thanks. I just spoke to a rep at loyalty and she said there's no such deal.

This is really frustrating. This will be the 3rd time I've seen this type of deal (once was on the Shaw site, but they said that offer was only for specific customers). Shaw won't add it to my account and denies it exists.
Newbie
Apr 4, 2018
54 posts
35 upvotes
Calgary
FrostyButters wrote: Thanks. I just spoke to a rep at loyalty and she said there's no such deal.

This is really frustrating. This will be the 3rd time I've seen this type of deal (once was on the Shaw site, but they said that offer was only for specific customers). Shaw won't add it to my account and denies it exists.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've missed out on deals like this in the past too, and this time it took me 3 tries to get lucky.
It really shouldn't be this hard.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3437 posts
2917 upvotes
BC
cmskunk wrote: It was $20 before, not sure exactly when it changed.
It was around early Jan of this year... Was going to get another line but then they raised the price of activation

Top