Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

Shaw Mobile 3GB $15 plan for existing Shaw internet customer YMMV (possible $10?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 4:20 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1650 posts
1021 upvotes
anybody know what happens if you run out of data? Does Shaw cut you off and you have to pay for extra data (ex: $10 for 1gb)... or are you charged really high overage fees
Banned
May 7, 2007
13912 posts
5687 upvotes
Korrado wrote: This will be great until the Rogers buyout of Shaw is approved!
Maybe after Rogers takes over Shaw ...they would be able to offer something similar here in Winnipeg ... hahaha ... - in Winnipeg here Shaw doesn't even offer Mobile services yet..

I did say MAYBE ... as I got no clue :)
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14147 posts
4216 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ktkn wrote: anybody know what happens if you run out of data? Does Shaw cut you off and you have to pay for extra data (ex: $10 for 1gb)... or are you charged really high overage fees
You just get cut off, until you pay for another addon.
Dec 12, 2013
304 posts
157 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
How's the call quality in Metro Vancouver these days?
May 20, 2008
278 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
Just tried via chat. Could get 3GB for $10 in Rollover data, but already have 2GB in Rollover data and the 3GB couldn't be added to it. Supposedly the 3GB for $10 in rollover expires April 1st. Have to go to a store to get the $10 for 3GB month to month deal or really any other plan deals, is what I was told.

Edit: See my later posts. I chatted with a second agent and had zero issues. Added instantly.
Last edited by mikeyr on Mar 30th, 2021 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5 loyalty for 24mths-$15 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch x2 | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet
Mar 29, 2021
4 posts
1 upvote
I'm new here, how do u get a 0$ call and texting sim ?
[OP]
Jul 7, 2004
375 posts
227 upvotes
bobmarray16 wrote: 10$/month including talk and text prepaid plan?
Talk and text included. It is postpaid plan.
1 x Fido 4GB Data Plan $0 and 1 x Shaw Talk/Text $0 ( Huawei Nova 5T dual sim )
Oct 30, 2018
7 posts
9 upvotes
Anyone have any luck getting Telus to match this sweet phone plan?
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14147 posts
4216 upvotes
VANCOUVER
ThatGuy1121 wrote: How's the call quality in Metro Vancouver these days?
Great in my neck of the woods (Vancouver West, Richmond). Sometimes better than on my Bell/Virgin line.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1650 posts
1021 upvotes
ThatGuy1121 wrote: How's the call quality in Metro Vancouver these days?
Metro Vancouver when outside is not bad. It's well below average inside buildings and/or parking lots. Of course, it really depends on where you use it which is why you see some people that love it and others that hate it. If you're on the go a lot, going to a lot of different places and never want to miss a call, then I would probably look elsewhere....

I wouldn't use it for my own personal line... although at $10/3gb... I might need to rethink it.. lol
Oct 25, 2019
29 posts
10 upvotes
Ugly , slow service .. I’m only keeping as I’m paying $25 for 25GB
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2026 posts
1948 upvotes
2 pages in and we still can’t confirm (besides OP) if this is only for new sign up or can be apply to existing as well. I mean the 3GB / $10 plan.... and not the 3GB / $15 plan someone mentioned previously.
Deal Addict
Mar 14, 2014
1075 posts
1385 upvotes
ktkn wrote: Metro Vancouver when outside is not bad. It's well below average inside buildings and/or parking lots. Of course, it really depends on where you use it which is why you see some people that love it and others that hate it. If you're on the go a lot, going to a lot of different places and never want to miss a call, then I would probably look elsewhere....

I wouldn't use it for my own personal line... although at $10/3gb... I might need to rethink it.. lol
Out of curiosity, are you using a phone that's on their compatibility list?

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-artic ... ta-p/20383
Oct 10, 2007
51 posts
14 upvotes
Rogido wrote: Great in my neck of the woods (Vancouver West, Richmond). Sometimes better than on my Bell/Virgin line.
Completely disagree! Shaw has limited coverage. You get what you pay for. Ironwood, Terra Nova, Garry Pointe/Steveston area the signal is terrible. Went to VGH, no coverage.

Luckily Fido pulled me back $35.00/25gb. Goes to $45.00 after two years. I was allowed to port 10 numbers. Got my entire family on the deal.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14147 posts
4216 upvotes
VANCOUVER
khuta wrote: Completely disagree! Shaw has limited coverage. You get what you pay for. Ironwood, Terra Nova, Garry Pointe/Steveston area the signal is terrible. Went to VGH, no coverage.

Luckily Fido pulled me back $35.00/25gb. Goes to $45.00 after two years. I was allowed to port 10 numbers. Got my entire family on the deal.
Well, works great for me! indoors, outdoors, no doors...
May 20, 2008
278 posts
289 upvotes
Calgary
I was just able to get the 3GB for $10/month via chat. Was on By The Gig, and an existing customer. Was told this in chat "This offer is intended to be only available for new customers through select channels, however I can add this for you. Please give me a few moments."

And got this email soon after:

"Hello,

You have successfully changed your rate plan from By The Gig 4G LTE (T0) to Special 3GB Shaw Nationwide(T0) on the number ########## on your Shaw Mobile account. If you did not request this change, please call us at 1(888) 472-2222 or dial 611 from your phone.

Thank you,

Shaw Mobile"
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5 loyalty for 24mths-$15 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch x2 | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet
Jun 18, 2017
584 posts
386 upvotes
mikeyr wrote: I was just able to get the 3GB for $10/month via chat. Was on By The Gig, and an existing customer. Was told this in chat "This offer is intended to be only available for new customers through select channels, however I can add this for you. Please give me a few moments."

And got this email soon after:

"Hello,

You have successfully changed your rate plan from By The Gig 4G LTE (T0) to Special 3GB Shaw Nationwide(T0) on the number ########## on your Shaw Mobile account. If you did not request this change, please call us at 1(888) 472-2222 or dial 611 from your phone.

Thank you,

Shaw Mobile"
Wow it’s nationwide data too.