Expired Hot Deals

Shaw

Shaw Mobile 3GB $15 plan for existing Shaw internet customer YMMV (possible $10?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 4:20 pm
May 20, 2008
294 posts
292 upvotes
Calgary
Homer001 wrote: Wow it’s nationwide data too.
Yes! I need Nationwide, so would only switch if it was nationwide. I called the store, and pricing on a new phone for this plan is the same as the By the gig, so no discount on a new phone, FYI.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 25GB | 7x$30-$5x3 loyalty for 24mths-$15x7 M&H for 24mths | M+H Unlimited CAN-US calling, Unlimited CAN-Int'l Text, VVM all for $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 Peace of Mind Access - Tablet x2
Jan 6, 2006
223 posts
11 upvotes
Thanks OP! Got this for 3 lines, it's so much better than the $10/1GB pass.
Jun 18, 2017
696 posts
528 upvotes
mikeyr wrote: Yes! I need Nationwide, so would only switch if it was nationwide. I called the store, and pricing on a new phone for this plan is the same as the By the gig, so no discount on a new phone, FYI.
Will upgrade my $0 one to this as a data backup for away. I use this line for my work anyways so they will cover the $10. Haha.

Hopefully Rogers let’s us keep all of these plans. There is a chance they might as you can only get these by doing Shaw internet so it’s a nice incentive to loose a bit on mobile to lock you into the more profitable internet and tv business. So Rogers might see that advantage and keep it going as they still need to compete with Telus internet and tv in the west.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2224 posts
1067 upvotes
khuta wrote: Completely disagree! Shaw has limited coverage. You get what you pay for. Ironwood, Terra Nova, Garry Pointe/Steveston area the signal is terrible. Went to VGH, no coverage.

Luckily Fido pulled me back $35.00/25gb. Goes to $45.00 after two years. I was allowed to port 10 numbers. Got my entire family on the deal.
You need to enable roaming data and your phone should switch automatically to their partner networks. If not, manually do so. It's also phone dependent.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2224 posts
1067 upvotes
Homer001 wrote:
Hopefully Rogers let’s us keep all of these plans. There is a chance they might as you can only get these by doing Shaw internet so it’s a nice incentive to loose a bit on mobile to lock you into the more profitable internet and tv business. So Rogers might see that advantage and keep it going as they still need to compete with Telus internet and tv in the west.
Only for the first two years. When does the countdown start is the question.
Banned
Mar 2, 2021
252 posts
265 upvotes
So is it $10 for 3GB montly (price and GB)?

or $10 one time for one time 3GB (90 day expiry)?
Jun 21, 2008
119 posts
56 upvotes
North Vancouver
Just asked Pop up chat & they said couldn't add. Likely for new customers.

edit
Update: Shaw Chat - Now that I realized that this is post paid 3Gb plan (rather than By The Gig with add on) - i was able to add to existing line after they checked with supervisor. Appears to be intended for new mobile customers but in a way moving from pre-paid to post paid helps Shaw & I'm paying $10 more than before.
PS: The USA roam add ons are good deal too ... if we ever get to go down south again...

I can see the no cost $0 By the Gig being very useful for spare phone, or low data usage (such as work from home & have lots of Shaw Go wifi access).
Now debate whether keep grandfathered Koodo & PM plans or switch...
Last edited by sbreakin on Mar 31st, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Jul 7, 2004
393 posts
232 upvotes
Mariusic wrote: So is it $10 for 3GB montly (price and GB)?

or $10 one time for one time 3GB (90 day expiry)?
$10 per month for 3GB with talk and text, postpaid plan.
1 x Fido 4GB Data Plan $0 and 1 x Shaw Talk/Text $0 ( Huawei Nova 5T dual sim )
[OP]
Jul 7, 2004
393 posts
232 upvotes
sbreakin wrote: Just asked Pop up chat & they said couldn't add. Likely for new customers. Perhaps I'll try 611 (or whatever the direct # from phone is)
This plan for both new and existing Shaw mobile customer. As long as you have internet plan with Shaw. This was offer in a Calgary Shaw store. Try to get this offer by other sources is YMMV.
1 x Fido 4GB Data Plan $0 and 1 x Shaw Talk/Text $0 ( Huawei Nova 5T dual sim )
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2135 posts
2244 upvotes
Got the deal (3GB/$10/Mth) as an existing customer. Thanks OP
Dec 10, 2006
115 posts
14 upvotes
Edmonton
thanks for all posts. be able to get it via chat on an existing customer. initially the agent said that is unavailable for existing customers and have to go to a store for new accounts. be very polite and appreciated even the agent could not make it via chat. The agent checked my account and then did it in seconds. :>
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
11470 posts
96568 upvotes
Ontario
existing customer here.
I called and changed my plan. He said $15 after putting me on hold for 20-25 minutes. Seems like they are still getting used to this plan.
Then I talked to a live agent and he was able to change it to $10 3gb plan.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Link: Costco West |May 2 - 29 | 182 pics| 1 month promo
Link:Costco West | May 2 - May 15 | 27 pics| Executive coupons
Jun 9, 2020
184 posts
113 upvotes
I messaged Shaw via the chat feature but they would not budge, kept saying that the plan is only available to new customers and only at select stores.
I left a comment in the survey that it makes no sense to deny this to someone who has a FREE plan, and actually wants to PAY for a small amout of data.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1887 posts
1251 upvotes
flyjazz wrote: Out of curiosity, are you using a phone that's on their compatibility list?

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-artic ... ta-p/20383
Was using the Note 9, and it's on their compatibility list. However, it's a REALLY good factor that you pointed out. I think most people (including myself) just expect their existing phones to work regardless of what it is. I actually did not know it was compatible until I checked the list you sent. There are a lot of phones that are not fully compatible which is one of the reasons why it might reception is bad for some people...

Also, I know I'm already biased against Shaw. I put my wife on Wind a long time ago and it was horrible (using a Wind Phone). After it changed to Freedom, the people that I know were still missing calls, etc. Now that it's Shaw, I naturally feel it's still probably pretty bad (since I know firsthand using Wind) so I know I'm biased in that regard... although it might have gotten alot better. My mom was using Shaw with the Note 9 and I received nothing but complaints, which is just a big headache for me and adds to my biased regarding Shaw.

For somebody not super picky, Shaw is really hard to beat!
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1887 posts
1251 upvotes
... so what kinda phone subsidy does it come with???

(trying to keep a straight face.. lol)
Feb 12, 2017
146 posts
119 upvotes
Tried the online chat, no go from Graeyson. Insisted it was for certain retail locations and not for existing customers.
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3654 posts
7139 upvotes
ktkn wrote: ... so what kinda phone subsidy does it come with???

(trying to keep a straight face.. lol)
Free iPhone 12 Pro Max or S21 Ultra with $350 GC and a 65” Samsung or LG TV
Public Mobile customer
Sep 27, 2012
231 posts
81 upvotes
GVR
Rogido wrote: Well, works great for me! indoors, outdoors, no doors...
I'm guessing you're in central Richmond because I'm having a similar experience to khuta. I have to keep the kids on roaming for them to get any coverage (they have Pixel 3As so I don't think it's a hardware issue).
Aug 31, 2016
4 posts
Existing customer as well.

The chat person initially said that it's for new customers only. I asked him if he's able to kindly check - if I could be given consideration. After a bit of wait, he came back and said he can do it for me. So I changed my plan to $10 for 3GB, along with the lines of my 2 sons - 3 lines in all!

(We were all on the $0 plan before I reached out to them)

Success!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)