Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Shaw

Shaw Mobile 3GB $15 plan for existing Shaw internet customer YMMV (possible $10?)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 2nd, 2021 4:20 pm
Sep 17, 2012
15 posts
3 upvotes
CALGARY
I just used chat and was told the 3gb for $10 plan ended yesterday. It is now 3gb for $15.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135811 upvotes
888888 upvotes
jeep89 wrote: I just used chat and was told the 3gb for $10 plan ended yesterday. It is now 3gb for $15.
might want to try again.

I did it before March 31st but

1st try = only new customer
2nd try = only $15/3gb
3rd try = yes, we have $10/3gb.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1954 posts
1477 upvotes
CyniC- wrote: I am an existing Shaw Mobile customer. Got both lines $10/3GB via chat. Agent initially said new lines at retail only but I said please don't make me go through the trouble / Is there anything you can do to make my day / Does loyalty exist anymore? Just friendly, assertive and respectful approach. He changed his mind right away and modified both lines, sent confirmation via e-mail and SMS. It was done very fast. Good luck all. It was the first and only agent I chatted with.
So basically these shaw agents know they can make the change but choose not to help and waste our time.

How bitter and miserable agents in these jobs must be to make clients go through this instead of taking a minute to help someone out
Banned
Mar 23, 2008
162 posts
112 upvotes
chriswojciechow wrote: Do you need to be an existing Fido mobile customer to get that tablet plan?
Or is there a way around that?
No, I ordered the plan and SIM online.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
1554 posts
834 upvotes
Calgary, AB
mikeyr wrote: Yes! I need Nationwide, so would only switch if it was nationwide. I called the store, and pricing on a new phone for this plan is the same as the By the gig, so no discount on a new phone, FYI.
FYI Shaw Nationwide is not real nationwide, you won't have LTE outside of Shaw zones.
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
Fort McMurray wrote: FYI Shaw Nationwide is not real nationwide, you won't have LTE outside of Shaw zones.
Can I use LTE when I'm using the Nationwide network or roaming internationally?

LTE is currently available on Nationwide networks in Canada and while roaming on partner networks in select destinations such as the U.S., Mexico, Hong Kong, and Japan.

If LTE is not available while roaming, 3G coverage is provided as an alternative

from https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-artic ... ta-p/20374
Destiny is all
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
3494 posts
1911 upvotes
Fort McMurray wrote: FYI Shaw Nationwide is not real nationwide, you won't have LTE outside of Shaw zones.
source?
May 20, 2008
321 posts
298 upvotes
Calgary
Fort McMurray wrote:
FYI Shaw Nationwide is not real nationwide, you won't have LTE outside of Shaw zones.
Huh?!?!?! I can confirm nationwide is LTE, have travelled in BC and AB with it to several non Shaw small towns and rural areas and get LTE where I would get TELUS LTE (former customer). Nationwide LTE is actually faster as Shaw throttles their LTE to like 50-70 MB/s.

Signed my mother in law up last night via chat on a new SIM with 15 mins to go before chat closed, two agents had told me this was going to $15 April 2. April 1 was the last day for the $10 plan for now...
Last edited by mikeyr on Apr 2nd, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TELUS Mobility | Unlimited 75GBx7 | $30/line | 5x100GB Connect Bonus, 7x100GB Rural Add-on, VVM $0/line | $0 Peace of Mind Connect for AppleWatch | $0 CAN-US - Tablet x2 | Rogers (Shaw) $0 3+45 GB CAN-US | Rogers 5G Home Internet $5 10+10+45GB Unlimited
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
3494 posts
1911 upvotes
FrostyButters wrote: If its anything like the communication company I used to work for... the front line workers are last to find out anything.
There's a difference in not being aware and adamantly denying something exists. If the employees have awareness that they're the last to know, then they would say so. I've had some reps (elsewhere) who straight-up said "we only know when you do". This wasn't Shaw, of course.

From my experience, Shaw's employees overconfidence seems to be intentional. They're big on ego, self-righteousness, and lack the ability to be humble. It's become a frustrating experience interacting with them over the last few years. They were not like this before.
Apr 18, 2007
5 posts
Just called in to activate my Shaw SIM card. The 3Gb for $10/mos is still available. Rep offered it to me without me asking for it.
Dec 6, 2020
31 posts
8 upvotes
Just called and was told it expired 2 day ago. Instead they are offering it for 15$.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
2909 posts
2565 upvotes
Surrey
G$$$ wrote: Just called in to activate my Shaw SIM card. The 3Gb for $10/mos is still available. Rep offered it to me without me asking for it.
Weird. they're telling me its for $15 now
Jun 24, 2015
20 posts
2 upvotes
did everyone get hit with the $30 one time connection fee when applying for a line
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
3494 posts
1911 upvotes
jaguar2max wrote: did everyone get hit with the $30 one time connection fee when applying for a line
Yes
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
3494 posts
1911 upvotes
jeep89 wrote: I just used chat and was told the 3gb for $10 plan ended yesterday. It is now 3gb for $15.
So they are going to raise the price for existing customers who went in and received the $10/3 GB plan?
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5679 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sheyenne wrote: So they are going to raise the price for existing customers who went in and received the $10/3 GB plan?
No, it just means that promo is now over.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1764 posts
349 upvotes
Vancouver
In regards to the shaw wifi calling.... can one in theory be connected to wifi in a foreign country and still make and receive calls on their phone when connected?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
2397 posts
2724 upvotes
artofwar wrote: In regards to the shaw wifi calling.... can one in theory be connected to wifi in a foreign country and still make and receive calls on their phone when connected?
Yes... that is how wifi calling works
Deal Expert
Jun 20, 2020
20144 posts
29043 upvotes
Toronto
artofwar wrote: In regards to the shaw wifi calling.... can one in theory be connected to wifi in a foreign country and still make and receive calls on their phone when connected?
Yes

"Once enabled, WiFi Calling features are available anywhere in the world when connected to a WiFi network with a reliable Internet connection. Your phone number remains the same and you can use your phone exactly like you would when connected to the Shaw network in Canada."
From Shaw Mobile: WiFi Calling
Destiny is all
Jul 7, 2004
427 posts
246 upvotes
Dhanushan wrote: Yes

"Once enabled, WiFi Calling features are available anywhere in the world when connected to a WiFi network with a reliable Internet connection. Your phone number remains the same and you can use your phone exactly like you would when connected to the Shaw network in Canada."
From Shaw Mobile: WiFi Calling
Shaw/Freedom is much better than Telus/Koodo in WiFi Calling. Koodo not even allow to use in SK and MB
https://www.koodomobile.com/en/help/wif ... 20Manitoba.

Koodo Wi-Fi Calling locations
Wi-Fi Calling is only available in Canada. When you’re outside Canada, your phone will not allow Wi-Fi calling or messaging. This feature is available across Canada except for Saskatchewan and parts of Manitoba.
4x Freedom,$32.50 1x Rogers $0, 1x AT&T US$300/year

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)