• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 11:45 am
[OP]
Oct 7, 2017
633 posts
986 upvotes

[Shaw] Shaw Mobile $45/25GB (AB/BC) [FOR SHAW INTERNET CUSTOMERS ONLY]

Source: https://www.iphoneincanada.ca/shaw/shaw ... ited-plan/

$45/25GB for main line, and the interesting thing is you can add up to 6 lines of unlimited nationwide talk/text FOR FREE. You can add data to those lines for $10 per GB.
As for the second part of Shaw Mobile—the most compelling—is for Shaw Internet customers to add up to six lines for free, which will include unlimited nationwide talk and text.

These free lines will have the option of purchasing data available at $10 for 1GB, as part of By The Gig plans. Unused data purchased for these lines will automatically rollover for up to 90 days. You can imagine this will be popular for families to get free phone lines for children and other family members.

Shaw Mobile will also have activation fees (like Freedom Mobile), priced at $20 per line. To sign up for Shaw Mobile, one needs to visit a Shaw retail location or over 120 locations of national retail partners in B.C. and Alberta, such as Walmart. You cannot sign up online for now.

The company says Shaw Mobile customers “will pay no data overages in Canada” when using Shaw and nationwide networks, while noting Wi-Fi Calling on compatible devices can be leveraged to make calls on Wi-Fi from anywhere in the world.
Images
  • shaw-mobile-4520gb-plan.jpeg
Last edited by ClarkZuckerberg on Jul 31st, 2020 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thread Summary
https://www.shawmobile.ca

About Shaw Mobile
Shaw Mobile is only offered to customers in Alberta and British Columbia. Coverage in Ontario is provided as part of the “Shaw” network when visiting or transiting through the province. All “Shaw” specific rate plan inclusions are included and available while in Ontario and connected to the Shaw network. Nationwide rate plan inclusions apply otherwise.

Shaw Mobile Discount Eligibility

Shaw Mobile Support - help articles

Plan options - unlimited or roll-over data
Phone options - interest-free financing, subsidy

BYOD Device Compatibility - for enhanced services
Shaw supports VoLTE, WiFi Calling (global), eSIM, RCS messaging

--
Network Coverage Map

3G voice calls require UMTS Band 4 (AWS 1700/2100).
LTE bands: B66, B4, B7, B13 (B71 to come).

Access to B13 ('Extended Range LTE') requires a VoLTE-capable phone.
You need both for an optimal network experience and reliable calls (and B66 for data bandwidth).
Use the Enhanced Services Device Compatibility List as your phone guide.

Note: Apple Watch and other wearable LTE devices are not currently supported
698 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11675 posts
17628 upvotes
Whoa now that’s hot . Too bad am in ON lol
Apr 28, 2019
102 posts
69 upvotes
If only this was in Ontario.

Is it possible to travel to AB for this deal and have an AB phone number then come back to ON? As long as the service is consistent in ON too.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
11675 posts
17628 upvotes
deals1112 wrote: If only this was in Ontario.

Is it possible to travel to AB for this deal and have an AB phone number then come back to ON? As long as the service is consistent in ON too.
It’s for Shaw internet customers , it’s not like the Koodo thing .
Apr 7, 2014
56 posts
16 upvotes
Sault Ste. Marie, ON
stephroll wrote: It’s for Shaw internet customers , it’s not like the Koodo thing .
Shaw services parts of Ontario
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1209 posts
1122 upvotes
Ragas321 wrote: AWS Freedom they own it. Have come a long way
I am with koodo and have no issues, even in remote/mountain areas. Freedom was no good when I tried 4-5 years ago.

I like this as it forces the others to offer a better price/service.
Feb 3, 2012
134 posts
69 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Dang MB gets left out again. We used to have one of the cheapest cell phone plan rates in all of Canada now we are probably the most expensive
Deal Guru
Jun 27, 2004
12329 posts
1858 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
Hmm, from what I see, you don't need a $45 Unlimited main line. As long as you are a "Shaw Fibre+ Internet" customer, you can get the "$0 by the Gig" lines.

"2. $0 By The Gig
Shaw Fibre+ Internet customers are eligible to receive a $15 credit per month on the $15 By The Gig plan.
"
- https://shop.shawmobile.ca/en-CA/plans
Sep 21, 2019
92 posts
226 upvotes
Bubblegum86 wrote: I am with koodo and have no issues, even in remote/mountain areas. Freedom was no good when I tried 4-5 years ago.

I like this as it forces the others to offer a better price/service.
Koodo operates on the Bellus Networks (Pretty much shared between the two across the country) so I imagine it wouldn't have any issues operating on the larger networks.

Wind rebranding to freedom happened when Shaw bought them out to enter the cellular market. Not sure if they were still Wind when you tried them out but they have made a bunch of progress in service. Just not customer service which is outsourced to the Philippines and all they say is sorry and have no answers Confused Face. I made the switch to Rogers for 20gb 50/month beginning of this year bill is only higher about 10/month but less headaches with customer service Winking Face
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2017
1652 posts
1083 upvotes
This is absolutely amazing!!! $0/mo for unlimited talk and text is bless, but not so much with the $20 activation fee.

Wonder if they’ll waive the activation fee eventually and allow online sign ups... A lot of people would jump on free phone service if there’s upfront fee or monthly fee at all!
Sep 10, 2018
210 posts
1101 upvotes
Do I care?
What you save in mobile, you pay in home internet. Maximum value for free plan is $8.25 a month (freedom $99/yr)

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 7 guests)

Servicks