Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Mobile $45/25GB (AB/BC) [FOR SHAW INTERNET CUSTOMERS ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 8:49 am
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1313 posts
116 upvotes
Can some who has fin internet with shaw conform this?
rabbit wrote: Hmm, from what I see, you don't need a $45 Unlimited main line. As long as you are a "Shaw Fibre+ Internet" customer, you can get the "$0 by the Gig" lines.

"2. $0 By The Gig
Shaw Fibre+ Internet customers are eligible to receive a $15 credit per month on the $15 By The Gig plan.
"
- https://shop.shawmobile.ca/en-CA/plans
Jun 18, 2017
378 posts
253 upvotes
For those who already signed up, can you confirm if the phone goes to a roaming partner while in a home zone?
Aug 27, 2015
46 posts
10 upvotes
Sherwood Park
I was hoping to use my old Nexus 6P for my son, but it doesn't show on the list Shaw has, would a kiosk/store be able to confirm more accurately if it works, or is it really limited to 1-2 year old phones?
Jan 8, 2015
734 posts
464 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Lol at your Telus “for reference”. That Telus price is not available to pretty much everyone. Quite a few people are happy with their Shaw internet pricing also. It’s a great deal.
It would be helpful if people posting how much they pay for internet would mention when they signed up.
Jul 27, 2016
136 posts
69 upvotes
victoria
Canuck38 wrote: I was hoping to use my old Nexus 6P for my son, but it doesn't show on the list Shaw has, would a kiosk/store be able to confirm more accurately if it works, or is it really limited to 1-2 year old phones?
Im trying to figure that out. Their website says minimum bands 4. And also most phones should work. Posted earlier with this same issue. Going to try sim in an iPhone later today and see if it connects. That will help me figure out hardware vs activation issue.
Aug 19, 2012
875 posts
128 upvotes
Anybody able to negotiate a better deal with Telus mobility or home services in BC/AB?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5842 posts
4798 upvotes
Calgary
Quickman wrote: It would be helpful if people posting how much they pay for internet would mention when they signed up.
I renewed this month. 300 for 75$
Dec 1, 2017
41 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey, BC
peakingduck wrote: Anyone renew their home internet recently? Mines ending and best I got offered was $75/internet 300 for 24 months which is quite a bit more than I was paying
Speak to the loyalty team. I pay $64/mo for Internet 300 and home phone. Should be able to get a good deal
Original name, can't retrieve it even with RFD support help:
eman0621- Jr. Member since Mar 5, 2004/Last seen Aug 3, 2016 10:02 AM 184 Posts
😃Thanks for RFD...many deals have been acquired. Many Thanks....you guys rock. Happy RFD'ng!😝
Jul 31, 2020
7 posts
2 upvotes
Tried Shaw sim card into a carrier unlocked iPhone 4. shows "Nationwide" as the carrier. as the iPhone 6 will show "Shaw" as the carrier. I did not try to call or text on the iphone 4. I did not want unexpected charges.
Aug 28, 2009
71 posts
15 upvotes
Victoria
Badiha wrote: Just in case someone is with Telus and looking to get a better deal, they won't be able to match the Shaw offer at this point. I would try again in like a month or so. (They gave me a cheaper monthly plan than what I currently have with more data though!)
Ditto for Rogers - and I'm on an EPP.
May 27, 2007
123 posts
68 upvotes
British Columbia
Homer001 wrote: For those who already signed up, can you confirm if the phone goes to a roaming partner while in a home zone?
Mine does (uses Telus).
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1223 posts
1136 upvotes
EddieM0621 wrote: Speak to the loyalty team. I pay $64/mo for Internet 300 and home phone. Should be able to get a good deal
Call Shaw and the guy claimed that there is no loyalty team.
Dec 1, 2017
41 posts
5 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Bubblegum86 wrote: Call Shaw and the guy claimed that there is no loyalty team.
That's really odd. PM sent, have to mention you're looking to cancel, move. I'll send you a PM for a contact I have
Original name, can't retrieve it even with RFD support help:
eman0621- Jr. Member since Mar 5, 2004/Last seen Aug 3, 2016 10:02 AM 184 Posts
😃Thanks for RFD...many deals have been acquired. Many Thanks....you guys rock. Happy RFD'ng!😝
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1840 posts
957 upvotes
Calgary
MikeyCanuck wrote: I don't think he's actually going to be able to port over into the $45 plan he picked with the subsidy on the Pro Max. Unless he returns it in the eval period, he'll be locked into that plan for 2 years or have to pay back the subsidy he received on the phone. BUT, he could port over to a net new $0 plan, use that sim in his new phone with his pre-existing number. His phone # is now tied to the $0 plan though. Net cost is the same, but now on the hook for both plans if leaving Shaw.
I don’t see why it would be a problem. They didn’t tell me it would be anyways when I brought up this is how I’d do it.

Maybe the rep was mistaken, but if I have to “return” the Pro Max and cancel the plan then “re-buy” it and port, I’d do it. I figured it would be like doing a number swap.

Update: Called Shaw and they can indeed do this on an existing line.
Last edited by Devhux on Aug 1st, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 28, 2012
844 posts
1037 upvotes
Canuck38 wrote: I was hoping to use my old Nexus 6P for my son, but it doesn't show on the list Shaw has, would a kiosk/store be able to confirm more accurately if it works, or is it really limited to 1-2 year old phones?
DominicL044247 wrote: Im trying to figure that out. Their website says minimum bands 4. And also most phones should work.
If a phone has UMTS (3G) B4 and LTE B4, it will 'work', unless perhaps you're in a signal-challenged location or building (basement, elevator, big-box store, fringe-coverage, congested area,..). B4 is the minimum, for bandwidth LTE B66 is a must.

But for the best network experience, you really want both extended range LTE B13 and VoLTE (enabled on device and activated on the line). For independence from the cellular network you want WiFi Calling.

That's where the Enhanced Services Device Compatibility chart comes in. There are some very afforable BYOD options listed and available for purchase through Shaw.
Last edited by pjw918 on Aug 1st, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)