Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Mobile $45/25GB (AB/BC) [FOR SHAW INTERNET CUSTOMERS ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 8:49 am
Aug 14, 2019
576 posts
273 upvotes
I think it might be helpful if we had a sticky on this.

From what I can see, Shaw has renamed all their plans to:
Fibre+ Gig
Fibre+ 750
Fibre+ 300
Fibre+ 150
Fibre+ 75
Fibre+ 25
Fibre+ 10

Past Internet rate plans that may be eligible for Shaw Mobile discounts:
Internet 5
Internet 10
Internet 15
Internet 25
Internet 50
Internet 75
Internet 100
Internet 300
Internet 600

Source: https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-artic ... ta-p/21150

This is also a big caveat: Final eligibility is determined at time of sign-up or during the account linking process.
Last edited by sheyenne on Aug 1st, 2020 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 14, 2019
576 posts
273 upvotes
DeltaSingh wrote: I fail to see how this is a good deal at all.

It's Wind rebranded twice, locking yourself in to multiple services with a single provider, and paying through the nose for Internet instead of phone service.

For reference, you can get Telus unlimited internet 300 for $35 or $45 if you don't have Koodo/Telus for mobile. Nothing special, I negotiated.

This is the wrong kind of crazy pricing all things considered.
+ Modem rental. + contract.
Your experience is an exception, not the norm. As you say, you negotiated ie. YMMV.
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2016
1223 posts
1136 upvotes
EddieM0621 wrote: That's really odd. PM sent, have to mention you're looking to cancel, move. I'll send you a PM for a contact I have
That's what i did. Asked first for a deal and he gave me $110/2 year plan. Then i asked for loyalty and he said does not exist...Then told him i will cancel and he processed my cancellation lol

Found CanNetTel for $40/75MB. Strange that they would have such a good offer on Shaws network...
Dec 29, 2017
12 posts
3 upvotes
Homer001 wrote: For those who already signed up, can you confirm if the phone goes to a roaming partner while in a home zone?
We went to a beach this morning and my phone switched to nationwide which is ok. But when we headed back home where we should have Shaw coverage, the phone stayed on nationawide network. I had to manually switch back to Shaw network so I don’t waste any nationwide data... it is quite painful if I have to do this every time.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2122 posts
2828 upvotes
BC
Bubblegum86 wrote: That's what i did. Asked first for a deal and he gave me $110/2 year plan. Then i asked for loyalty and he said does not exist...Then told him i will cancel and he processed my cancellation lol
Lol he called your bluff, I'm also looking to sign another 2 yr and Shaw is the only provider in my area..best I got was internet 300 for $75, pretty frustrating since it's such a huge jump from previous rates. I was able to speak to their "loyalty" department too. I will call next week
Aug 14, 2019
576 posts
273 upvotes
Dknight2018 wrote: We went to a beach this morning and my phone switched to nationwide which is ok. But when we headed back home where we should have Shaw coverage, the phone stayed on nationawide network. I had to manually switch back to Shaw network so I don’t waste any nationwide data... it is quite painful if I have to do this every time.
I believe you should be able to manually select your Home network on your phone so it won't roam onto their nationwide network. At one time, there were roaming charges, at least with Wind and then Freedom. I don't know if they removed these charges when roaming onto another Canadian provider.

The other option is to enable AIrplane mode for about 30 seconds and then disable it. You should then return to your Home area
Deal Fanatic
Jun 22, 2004
6571 posts
169 upvotes
Vancouver
Everyone needs to be very careful with Shaw. Unless you buy a device through Shaw and lock-in a "2 year Value Plan", Shaw can and likely will raise your plan rate before the end of the year.
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2007
1580 posts
1135 upvotes
Surrey
EddieM0621 wrote: That's really odd. PM sent, have to mention you're looking to cancel, move. I'll send you a PM for a contact I have
Can u send me the contact person too? Thanks
Koodo $40/8gb $35/5gb wireless plans//
Aug 5, 2015
16 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
thanks op, switched over 3 lines from freedom/fido and saving a ton of money. also service has been fine for a few days now, no dead zones except in underground parking.
Dec 20, 2012
720 posts
583 upvotes
Surrey
Do you know if they can help with existing terms? I’m on a 2 year value plan which is great for the 1st year, but it increases in the 2nd.
Aug 28, 2009
71 posts
15 upvotes
Victoria
Just signing up now. FYI - It’s a hard credit check. Despite the fact that I’ve been a Shaw customer for nearly two decades.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5841 posts
4798 upvotes
Calgary
peakingduck wrote: Lol he called your bluff, I'm also looking to sign another 2 yr and Shaw is the only provider in my area..best I got was internet 300 for $75, pretty frustrating since it's such a huge jump from previous rates. I was able to speak to their "loyalty" department too. I will call next week
If you look at resellers of Shaw 300, they are all mostly charging at least 75$ minus a modem plus installation costs etc. that’s why I sucked it up and paid the 75$. Tight market right now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5841 posts
4798 upvotes
Calgary
Guest20190318 wrote: Everyone needs to be very careful with Shaw. Unless you buy a device through Shaw and lock-in a "2 year Value Plan", Shaw can and likely will raise your plan rate before the end of the year.
They likely won’t raise our plan prices by the end of the year.
Aug 28, 2009
71 posts
15 upvotes
Victoria
Bob Fugger wrote: Just signing up now. FYI - It’s a hard credit check. Despite the fact that I’ve been a Shaw customer for nearly two decades.
I have an Internet 300 loyalty offer and that’s fine to qualify for Shaw customer rates. Can confirm that each of the three $0 Talk/Text lines get a promotional 1GB of nationwide data good for 90 days. Most changes subsequent to signup can be done over the phone or through the MyShaw app.

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (2 members and 5 guests)

pjpete, ps3playa