Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Mobile $45/25GB (AB/BC) [FOR SHAW INTERNET CUSTOMERS ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 13th, 2020 11:05 am
Dec 29, 2011
28 posts
5 upvotes
CharlesN38069 wrote: I feel like I must have a very old promotion or a very good deal. I have Internet 300 since March 2019 with $250 credit upon activation for $45 per month, 24 months. Everyone who is paying $85 makes me worry about when my contract is up.

Today I got myself two free lines - one for my friend's daughter, who won't be using data, and one for my mom, who will probably use 1 GB of data for the 90-day period. My mom was on the Freedom $25 for 1 GB plan so she has nothing to lose switching over.

To clarify how the free plan works is that the plan's original price is $15 per month, and they will charge you $5 extra if you do not set up automatic payments - so total is $20. If you are Shaw Internet customer, and the fine print on the contract does not specify price plan or tier, you will receive $15 credit on the line, effectively making it $0. You can stay with Shaw forever and grandfather the price and the discount.
The fine print says that the $0 plan ($15 minus $15) is introductory though...I can't imagine them grandfathering that forever.
Mar 4, 2016
20 posts
25 upvotes
Signed up this morning at Market Mall in Calgary. We are Internet 300 customers, there was no issue with that.

Activated 4 lines, all $0 By The Gig; no $45 plan is required. One line was ported from Koodo in about 30 minutes, the other three are currently new numbers and we'll port the existing numbers later once we confirm that Shaw's coverage is adequate.

We spent about 20 minutes in line, though the line seemed to grow quickly behind us. The rep was friendly but you can tell this is a new process for them. All our questions were answered in the end, though it took our rep a few trips to ask other reps.

We were originally told that the 1GB roll-over data for use with $0 By The Gig was not Nationwide; this is false.

So far, the coverage is about the same as with Koodo. I'm able to access Band 13 (700 MHz) using the Pixel 2. I don't appear to have access to VoLTE (as predicted, though the Pixel 2 supports it with other carriers).

So far, so good. We're going out of town next week so that might be the real test. If I'm impressed after a week or so, I'll port my number from Koodo and report back. Fingers crossed!
Nov 25, 2012
35 posts
14 upvotes
Called Roger and Fido, no match, don't even attempt to match.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7417 posts
4894 upvotes
Canada
mkchan40 wrote: Called Roger and Fido, no match, don't even attempt to match.
Big3 meeting this weekend to decide what to do (no collusion).
Maybe we will see something next week Winking Face
Last edited by RFDQ1016 on Aug 1st, 2020 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1840 posts
957 upvotes
Calgary
How are the speeds for everyone? I’ve rarely seen above 50Mbps download and uploads are quite slow as well 3-14Mbps). I don’t really need super fast data, but was curious if this is normal.

iPhone 11 Pro Max in Calgary.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7417 posts
4894 upvotes
Canada
Devhux wrote: How are the speeds for everyone? I’ve rarely seen above 50Mbps download and uploads are quite slow as well 3-14Mbps). I don’t really need super fast data, but was curious if this is normal.

iPhone 11 Pro Max in Calgary.
Seems normal.
They mention 50mbps typical in the fine print as well.

Though I did get 340mbps near a freedom tower on a pixel 2xl
Tangerine, Public Mobile, and Freedom Mobile customer
Jun 18, 2017
378 posts
253 upvotes
Your doing pretty good. I’m getting 25 down and 10 up on freedom same network
Jun 18, 2017
378 posts
253 upvotes
yyc123 wrote: Signed up this morning at Market Mall in Calgary. We are Internet 300 customers, there was no issue with that.

Activated 4 lines, all $0 By The Gig; no $45 plan is required. One line was ported from Koodo in about 30 minutes, the other three are currently new numbers and we'll port the existing numbers later once we confirm that Shaw's coverage is adequate.

We spent about 20 minutes in line, though the line seemed to grow quickly behind us. The rep was friendly but you can tell this is a new process for them. All our questions were answered in the end, though it took our rep a few trips to ask other reps.

We were originally told that the 1GB roll-over data for use with $0 By The Gig was not Nationwide; this is false.

So far, the coverage is about the same as with Koodo. I'm able to access Band 13 (700 MHz) using the Pixel 2. I don't appear to have access to VoLTE (as predicted, though the Pixel 2 supports it with other carriers).

So far, so good. We're going out of town next week so that might be the real test. If I'm impressed after a week or so, I'll port my number from Koodo and report back. Fingers crossed!
For the 1gb were you told that was just a one time bonus good for 90 days or are you getting 1gb every month. My guy told me the 1gb is reoccuring
Mar 4, 2016
20 posts
25 upvotes
Homer001 wrote: For the 1gb were you told that was just a one time bonus good for 90 days or are you getting 1gb every month. My guy told me the 1gb is reoccuring
I gather the free 1GB we got today is good for 90 days max, and it's a one-time deal.
Jun 18, 2017
378 posts
253 upvotes
The guy that helped me said it’s 1gb a month. So I asked you mean you get 1gb a month and he said yep.

I got mine at the mobile shop at superstore so wanted to see what folks at Shaw stores were told
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5843 posts
4798 upvotes
Calgary
Homer001 wrote: The guy that helped me said it’s 1gb a month. So I asked you mean you get 1gb a month and he said yep.

I got mine at the mobile shop at superstore so wanted to see what folks at Shaw stores were told
I would assume he is wrong.
Deal Addict
Sep 15, 2008
1521 posts
3883 upvotes
Pawtucket
Signed up 4 x $0 lines today at The Mobile Shop within Superstore. Fortunately there wasnt any customers at the time so I didn't have to wait. Rep signed up all 4 lines and included the Welcome 1gb rollover promo on each line (valid for 90 days). Took about 30 min. total. Was also told the $0 plan was eligible for a $0 iPhone SE on tab for $25/mon. for 24 months. All other devices required the $45 plan.

Thanks op.
Dec 16, 2010
726 posts
564 upvotes
Canada
Geez thanks so much OP. Got my son and daughter on this. Just the $20 activation fee at the local Walmart.

I have internet 600 for $75 a month.

Thanks again!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
5843 posts
4798 upvotes
Calgary
redboy69 wrote: Signed up 4 x $0 lines today at The Mobile Shop within Superstore. Fortunately there wasnt any customers at the time so I didn't have to wait. Rep signed up all 4 lines and included the Welcome 1gb rollover promo on each line (valid for 90 days). Took about 30 min. total. Was also told the $0 plan was eligible for a $0 iPhone SE on tab for $25/mon. for 24 months. All other devices required the $45 plan.

Thanks op.
Isn’t that the full price for an iPhone se? I guess if you like payment plans that’s ok.
Aug 14, 2019
576 posts
273 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: They likely won’t raise our plan prices by the end of the year.
I agree. My guess would be January 2, 2021.

Thread Information

There are currently 10 users viewing this thread. (8 members and 2 guests)

buymore4less, michaelnugent, DanP, savvy2d, xanta, Chisholm, RFDQ1016, selinis