Hot Deals

[Shaw] Shaw Mobile $45/25GB (AB/BC) [FOR SHAW INTERNET CUSTOMERS ONLY]

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2020 11:45 am
Sep 10, 2011
51 posts
6 upvotes
Vancouver
Merzenary604 wrote: coverage in metro vancouver is good, only dead spot is around 57th victoria to marine
Ooph I was going to put my parents on the $0 plan but they live in that area.... Anyone else live in this area and have problems with service?
Oct 21, 2011
50 posts
8 upvotes
Surrey, BC
Got three lines under one Shaw account, but it seems like you cannot change the caller display name for any of the lines. Trying to get in touch with online chat support right now.
Jun 18, 2017
376 posts
249 upvotes
LULUMON wrote: What you save in mobile, you pay in home internet. Maximum value for free plan is $8.25 a month (freedom $99/yr)
It depends. The folks getting this already have Shaw internet and would be using that regardless if they use freedom or Rogers or whoever so you can’t really factor in the cost of the home internet. So taking this into account, freedom $99/year, Shaw $0/year.
Dec 28, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Does Shaw Mobile even have Outgoing Caller ID Name Display?

According to their support articles, they do not have this feature for Incoming Calls.

What was the outcome with the chat with their Support in regards to this issue?
WorkSafeBC wrote: Got three lines under one Shaw account, but it seems like you cannot change the caller display name for any of the lines. Trying to get in touch with online chat support right now.
Oct 26, 2010
316 posts
79 upvotes
Langley
Can anyone log in shawmobile website? Keep error messages since last night,,,,,,
Jun 19, 2015
698 posts
554 upvotes
Is the Shaw Mobile bill combined with the regular Shaw bill or is it separate?
Mar 4, 2016
20 posts
24 upvotes
h2oever wrote: Can anyone log in shawmobile website? Keep error messages since last night,,,,,,
I had the same issue yesterday. It responded repeatedly with "There is an error on the server. Please try again."

After clicking the button another 5 - 6 times, it worked, and I got in.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1839 posts
957 upvotes
Calgary
saberon2016 wrote: Is the Shaw Mobile bill combined with the regular Shaw bill or is it separate?
It's separate.
Mar 4, 2019
20 posts
5 upvotes
I've been with Freedom since November and live in Burnaby. I have had ALMOST no problems ever in the Metro Vancouver area. The only spot I haven't had it is in a weird 1 block radius near Kits Secondary on Broadway where my sister in law lives. I was with Freedom 3 years ago and bailed after 2 weeks because the network was so shit but I've been very pleasantly surprised that the service has become so reliable over the past few years. No problems eithr with speed or dropped calls.
Jun 19, 2015
698 posts
554 upvotes
Devhux wrote: It's separate.
So when it says autopay required for the $0 plan, does that refer only to the mobile bill? Or must home services be autopay as well?
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2014
1839 posts
957 upvotes
Calgary
saberon2016 wrote: So when it says autopay required for the $0 plan, does that refer only to the mobile bill? Or must home services be autopay as well?
As far as I'm aware it's just for cellular as the billing system is different.
Jun 19, 2015
698 posts
554 upvotes
Has anyone outside of the Shaw Mobile coverage area (meaning you live in the Nationwide coverage area) been able to sign up for the $0 plan?
Nov 26, 2019
13 posts
3 upvotes
I'm thinking to get this one. But my internet is the old Internet 300 plan, not the new Fiber+ plane. Not sure if I'm eligible for this mobile offer. My internet bill is only $59 including tax. Don't think it will be worth for me to upgrade to Fiber+ just to get this mobile plan.
Jun 19, 2015
698 posts
554 upvotes
LukeDoky wrote: I'm thinking to get this one. But my internet is the old Internet 300 plan, not the new Fiber+ plane. Not sure if I'm eligible for this mobile offer. My internet bill is only $59 including tax. Don't think it will be worth for me to upgrade to Fiber+ just to get this mobile plan.
You are eligible

Thread Information

There are currently 8 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 7 guests)

gv9177