Jun 10, 2019
46 posts
17 upvotes
Offers are quite good towards the end of the month here for anyone looking
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2207 posts
1049 upvotes
Is there any way to avoid paying a Shaw activation and/or SIM card fee?
Jul 6, 2013
24 posts
107 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Not sure if this is a "hot deal" but numbers made sense for me. I just signed up for the following at a Mobile Shop in a Superstore (Coquitlam), as a new Shaw customer:

- Gig internet
- Total TV with 2 wireless receivers
- 1 mobile line with 25GB data per month (can add additional $0 by the gig lines if wanted)
- included an iPhone 12, 64GB

Total $190/mo. for 2 years

Didn't need the phone and sold it $950. Might have been able to get a little more but wanted a quick sale with little hassle. That's like an $80/mo "bill credit".
Sep 25, 2017
117 posts
98 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
If you ever need nationwide service, you’ll get really bad service.
I bought this initially for a month trial as I work a little bit away from the city and found the nationwide service to be very poor.
Heading back to koodo.
Nov 24, 2016
157 posts
55 upvotes
Surrey
So with Rogers buying Shaw do you think the free talk and text plan is at risk?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1737 posts
1073 upvotes
LawrenceY445978 wrote: So with Rogers buying Shaw do you think the free talk and text plan is at risk?
It was always going to end one day, but that day will get much closer if the deal goes ahead.

It's hard to say where Shaw Mobile would end up, as the regulators will have concerns about Rogers buying Shaw's wireless assets. That part of Shaw could be spun out or sold to another company.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
14378 posts
4367 upvotes
VANCOUVER
zero64 wrote: It was always going to end one day, but that day will get much closer if the deal goes ahead.
It'd be a sad day if they pulled that. Those 6 free plans allow me to keep several phones "live" to play around with, for 0 cost, or just a few dollars a month for data.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2008
1366 posts
249 upvotes
Vancouver
Anyone able to get the $10 for 2gb data (throttled after) recently or was it only for select few during December?
Sep 13, 2020
118 posts
75 upvotes
artofwar wrote: Anyone able to get the $10 for 2gb data (throttled after) recently or was it only for select few during December?
That would be an attractive deal for my use case - in spite of the lesser capable footprint of Shaw/Freedom.
Jul 29, 2015
213 posts
213 upvotes
Saskatoon
I wish this deal was slightly cheaper. I'm on the Shaw $80/m Fibre+ plan with the old Public mobile $120/3m 12gb plan. The Public mobile plan ends up around $37 per month with discounts. I'm going to hold out until I can find a mobile plan cheaper with more data.
Nov 8, 2004
243 posts
79 upvotes
bmack wrote: Yes I'm in Chilliwack, tried signing up in the local superstore, they explained they were unable to sign me up due to no towers in my area. Went to the Abbotsford superstore and was able to signup, the reps warned that shaw may decide to cancel my contract due the constant roaming fees they will have to pay, suggested I keep wifi calling turned on. So far everything is working well.
@bmack or anyone else in the Wack: How has shaw been in Chilliwack so far? Any problems with them shutting you down for mostly roaming? Thanks, I'm thinking of switching over and would like to hear how things have been so far.
13 posts
27 upvotes
I was warned by the phone reps that it would get shutdown if I used mostly in my area, so I only use it for short trips, relying mostly on my work cell. Hoping for shaw to put up a tower in my area, but so far. no luck. I use it at home and it works great with wifi calling.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3620 posts
2526 upvotes
YUL/YVR
TajMaPaul wrote: Not sure if this is a "hot deal" but numbers made sense for me. I just signed up for the following at a Mobile Shop in a Superstore (Coquitlam), as a new Shaw customer:

- Gig internet
- Total TV with 2 wireless receivers
- 1 mobile line with 25GB data per month (can add additional $0 by the gig lines if wanted)
- included an iPhone 12, 64GB

Total $190/mo. for 2 years

Didn't need the phone and sold it $950. Might have been able to get a little more but wanted a quick sale with little hassle. That's like an $80/mo "bill credit".
That's $40/m "bill credit' so more like $150/m
If you needed the TV service service, might make sense for some as a ~decent deal.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)