Temp. Banned
Jul 22, 2007
6624 posts
6157 upvotes
Calgary

Shaw mobile add 2gb data 10$ ymmv

Retailer:
Shaw
Shaw Mobile Exclusive Offer: only Shaw Mobile customers get prices this bright. Get 2GB of Shaw Nationwide data for only $10/month and stay connected on the go. To learn more and redeem this offer, message us directly at: http://shmb.mobi/Data1. Hurry, offer ends Nov 2, 2020. Some conditions apply.

To stop receiving all exclusive offers, click here:

I was texted that today. I’m on the zero dollar plan.

One time pass promotion for 2gb for 10$. 90 day rollover. One time pass. Not that hot.
Last edited by SammyDavis on Nov 1st, 2020 11:09 am, edited 3 times in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1100 posts
379 upvotes
Victoria
I wonder what triggers this and how long it's valid for. $10 for 2gb on the 0$ By the Gig plan would be pretty nice if lasts 90 days and could be purchased for that price all the time. Basically my mobile bill per each person in my household would be $3 per month =).
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Jul 22, 2007
6624 posts
6157 upvotes
Calgary
MikeyCanuck wrote: I wonder what triggers this and how long it's valid for. $10 for 2gb on the 0$ By the Gig plan would be pretty nice if lasts 90 days and could be purchased for that price all the time. Basically my mobile bill per each person in my household would be $3 per month =).
I have a Fido tablet 4 gb along with the Shaw free plan so I don’t really need the extra data right now. I didn’t text them to find out the details.
Aug 6, 2019
136 posts
80 upvotes
berta
SammyDavis wrote: I have a Fido tablet 4 gb along with the Shaw free plan so I don’t really need the extra data right now. I didn’t text them to find out the details.
dual sim phone?
too much time during covid
Aug 24, 2018
651 posts
886 upvotes
Langley BC
Why the down votes? Free plan and cheap data if needed. Way too many freedom and shaw haters out there. Its because of shaw and freedom we are getting way lower prices on all carriers for our cell plans. Even if you don't get good service where you live you should at least be thankful that someone is trying to bring competition to the big 3.
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1908 posts
1765 upvotes
Alberta
DonM28020 wrote: Why the down votes? Free plan and cheap data if needed. Way too many freedom and shaw haters out there. Its because of shaw and freedom we are getting way lower prices on all carriers for our cell plans. Even if you don't get good service where you live you should at least be thankful that someone is trying to bring competition to the big 3.
The OP edited the link out of the original post which had the link to the promo via chat
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2012
13998 posts
4079 upvotes
VANCOUVER
So this is targeted? If you don't get the text, you can't opt in to the offer?
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Jul 22, 2007
6624 posts
6157 upvotes
Calgary
The link should work now if their agents are working today. If you weren’t targeted you can always ask I guess.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Jul 22, 2007
6624 posts
6157 upvotes
Calgary
Lol. So I used the chat today and the agents can’t find it on my account. They said I didn’t receive it. I am calling in to speak with a manager. Wow. So targeted that the targets can’t even get it.

They found it. One time promotion for a 90 day pass for 2 gb data for 10$. Nothing ongoing.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2004
1100 posts
379 upvotes
Victoria
SammyDavis wrote: They found it. One time promotion for a 90 day pass for 2 gb data for 10$. Nothing ongoing.
Thanks for the follow up and update. Nothing exciting here unfortunately.
Nov 25, 2019
36 posts
18 upvotes
Penticton, BC
I decided on friday I would switch from Virgin to Shaw and was going to do it in next few days...I saw this forum this morning and I chatted with Shaw agent to see if I would qualify for 2gb bonus and she said yes as a current Blue Curve customer. Based on that I went and switched over...The Mobile Shop agent said he wasn't aware of a 2gb bonus so I chatted with another Shaw agent who said that was only for existing Shaw mobile clients which was different from what agent said this morning. He said Shaw would not honour that agents commitment which surprised me...Have been with Shaw a long time and always was good service, but was disappointed with them today...

In any event, I switched to Shaw; see how it goes as it is a pretty cheap plan for 1 gb...
Jul 24, 2012
722 posts
115 upvotes
I am just wondering if Shaw mobile any good in Victoria BC? Thinking of switching from fido ($70 plan) to Shaw for $45/25gb. A huge saving and more data.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2017
1244 posts
1059 upvotes
Calgary
Dealfinder111 wrote: I am just wondering if Shaw mobile any good in Victoria BC? Thinking of switching from fido ($70 plan) to Shaw for $45/25gb. A huge saving and more data.
It's fine as long as you have a phone that supports all their bands, especially band 13 (their extended range band). I believe VOLTE support is actually mandatory on Vancouver Island as they don't have a 3G network there.

You can see here

https://support.shaw.ca/t5/mobile-artic ... ta-p/20383
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4840 posts
2606 upvotes
Dealfinder111 wrote: I am just wondering if Shaw mobile any good in Victoria BC? Thinking of switching from fido ($70 plan) to Shaw for $45/25gb. A huge saving and more data.
IMO, if you're eligible for the $0 plan, sign up for that first without transferring your main number and just beta test it with the random number they give you. It's $20 to find out whether the signal works for you in your areas. If everything is a go, swap over your main number and hop on over to the $45 plan, you won't have to pay the $20 again.

I'm over in Vancouver on the $0 plan, works great. I do the 1 gb 3 months of data and I haven't had issues where I fully lost service, but I have plopped down to HSPA or alike in say underground parkades, which is kind of expected.
Nov 25, 2019
36 posts
18 upvotes
Penticton, BC
busher77 wrote: I decided on friday I would switch from Virgin to Shaw and was going to do it in next few days...I saw this forum this morning and I chatted with Shaw agent to see if I would qualify for 2gb bonus and she said yes as a current Blue Curve customer. Based on that I went and switched over...The Mobile Shop agent said he wasn't aware of a 2gb bonus so I chatted with another Shaw agent who said that was only for existing Shaw mobile clients which was different from what agent said this morning. He said Shaw would not honour that agents commitment which surprised me...Have been with Shaw a long time and always was good service, but was disappointed with them today...

In any event, I switched to Shaw; see how it goes as it is a pretty cheap plan for 1 gb...
Update to this...had to call Shaw today on a bluecurve question and mentioned this...we have everything with Shaw and they agreed to provide the additional gb at no charge..so far the network works ok for me
Nov 3, 2006
153 posts
67 upvotes
Calgary
Oh, sorry, is it the 2GB of data for $10? Just want to confirm which promotion because there's actually a different process depending

Okay you'll actually need to open the text that was sent to you and click the link inside of it to join chat with us instead. That's how we verify if you're eligible. I can't add it through the normal chat channel here

Just checking the offer on my side and it looks like it was only offered until nov 2nd and it's actually been removed from our system