shaw price match can com internet 150/15

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 17th, 2021 12:55 am
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1458 upvotes
Richmond
I recently had a rather unproductive discussion with Shaw regarding BlueSky TV. We currently have their primitive and buggy Gateway system, and we really dislike it compared to our previous Telus Optik TV, so I wanted to find out if BlueSky is better. Shaw announced BlueSky with the same internet+TV price packages they previously offered with the Gateway system, but they were a bit vague when asked if current customers could swap. But when I called and asked they said no, definitely not. If I want to try BlueSky I have to sign a new extended contract at a higher price. I think Shaw isn't in the future picture. Time to dump the problematic TV package and try someone else for internet like Can Com I think.
Dec 10, 2014
372 posts
292 upvotes
BC
timduncan wrote: Is the $26 only for promo period or unlimited time?
usually 12 month promo period, but you call again on 11th month and they'll extend it another year.
Everyone should have been doing this past 5+ years, save tons of $$$$.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2015
1032 posts
1187 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
So the benefit of this over Cancom is the modem/router combo right?
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1458 upvotes
Richmond
cjstk90 wrote: usually 12 month promo period, but you call again on 11th month and they'll extend it another year.
If you think Telus offers everyone a $26/month package for Internet 50, you're dreaming. There's a vast range of offers from Telus to different people, but that one's way out there in the 0.5% range. Consider yourself lucky if you have it, but don't tell other people they can get it too. They can't.
Dec 10, 2014
372 posts
292 upvotes
BC
Faith24 wrote: If you think Telus offers everyone a $26/month package for Internet 50, you're dreaming. There's a vast range of offers from Telus to different people, but that one's way out there in the 0.5% range. Consider yourself lucky if you have it, but don't tell other people they can get it too. They can't.
???
They dont offer everyone 26/mo cuz they dont offer it til their customers ask for some sort of discount. no one should be paying the website price, especially when there's a lot of competition.
there's a lot of people that pay 26-40 for internet 50. I dunno where you pulled out the 0.5% from, but most of my friends, family, relatives aren't paying the website price. Hell, even the person i quoted says he's been doing it for 8 years.
Telus would rather offer those discounts than lose them completely to shaw/camcom and other competitions.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2012
2654 posts
1458 upvotes
Richmond
cjstk90 wrote: I dunno where you pulled out the 0.5% from, but most of my friends, family, relatives aren't paying the website price.
I'm sure that I and my family and friends have just as much experience with Telus as you. It's true that none of us pay the advertised price, but none are anywhere close to your deal currently, and it's not from lack of trying or lack of experience. And it doesn't sound like you are claiming that all of your family and friends are getting the same amazing deal as you either.
Dec 10, 2014
372 posts
292 upvotes
BC
Faith24 wrote: I'm sure that I and my family and friends have just as much experience with Telus as you. It's true that none of us pay the advertised price, but none are anywhere close to your deal currently, and it's not from lack of trying or lack of experience. And it doesn't sound like you are claiming that all of your family and friends are getting the same amazing deal as you either.
Well that was my point, that no one should be paying the website price. As for the $26/mo, i answered his question that it's a promo time and not an unlimited time price.
They were easily obtainable when shaw released their 150 plan for $50, while Telus still only had their internet 50. Only way they could've retain their customers were to offer half the cost, otherwise they'd lose them to Shaw. I never said telus offers everybody $26/mo plans all day everyday, you assumed it? I simply answered his question if it was a promotional or an unlimited thing. And yes, only some of my friends and relatives got the $26 when i told them to call for it at the time, the lazy ones didn't and are just at 30-40/mo range. I said no body should be paying the website price, which most of us, the person i quoted, and urself included plus ur friends/family/relatives arent. So again, idk where you got the 0.5% from, but i can also pull out a random number like 92.19% are not paying telus's website price.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7734 posts
1625 upvotes
They may be called something else like loyalty or other names but is just the people that could offer better deals instead of normal agents.

Basically just call to cancel and you will be forwarded to retention.

They do exist, many rfders had talked to them before.
User381785 wrote: Shaw doesn't have a retention department
Last edited by hdom on Jun 19th, 2017 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Apr 21, 2015
364 posts
451 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Tried to get Shaw to PM CanCom. They told me to no. I went to CanCom. Pretty happy with the service. Shaw can lick my salty (literally and figuratively) nuts.
Feb 24, 2014
106 posts
32 upvotes
Edmonton
towers229 wrote: Tried to get Shaw to PM CanCom. They told me to no. I went to CanCom. Pretty happy with the service. Shaw can lick my salty (literally and figuratively) nuts.
That's good to hear. I think I'm going to drop Shaw next Month since my year promo is up for the 150 internet and if I switch to Can-coms 60 internet (which is fast enough) I'll still be saving money even after the cancellation fees with Shaw. Of course these may change if Shaw offers me something better.
Jun 21, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
I switched to CanCom 30 last week from Shaw. Transition initially was good but today I experienced a cutout of service for a few hours and very slow internet speed since (<3Mbps). Will post back here if it gets resolved. Otherwise I'll be looking at other options.

July Update - CanCom coordinated with Shaw to send a technician. New line installed and speed back to 30 Mbps. Good reliable service since with no issues.