Shaw Switch and Save Fibre+ 500 For $79/month for 2 years

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2021 6:28 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
167 posts
154 upvotes

[Shaw] Shaw Switch and Save Fibre+ 500 For $79/month for 2 years

Shaw Fibre+ 500 (500mbps down / up to 100 mbps up) for $79/month for 2 years, including router rental. Not a bad deal if you can't get Telus PureFibre (which I'm not able to due to being in an older condo building).

It's strange that you can't find this deal from Shaw's main webpage. I got this link while browsing Google Now the other day and saw an ad for this.
Last edited by Hanniballs on May 23rd, 2021 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
98 replies
Feb 11, 2021
32 posts
44 upvotes
They're also offering 300mps for $70/mth no contract or $60/mth and up to $250 bill credit on a 2 year contract. You may also be able to get the bill credit on the deal above if you lock in for 2 years.
Feb 11, 2021
32 posts
44 upvotes
EastVan808 wrote: They're also offering 300mps for $70/mth no contract or $60/mth and up to $250 bill credit on a 2 year contract. You may also be able to get the bill credit on the deal above if you lock in for 2 years.
This deal is valid through May 31. I was able to sign up for service starting July 1st, so you can post date start up. Just sign up before the end of this month.
May 25, 2016
173 posts
49 upvotes
That's gotta be for new customers...

They were like offering $90/month for 1 gig non contract (I was paying like $110/month for no contract before), and I had to negotiate to get $55/month+75 credits for two years contract as existing customers (for my parents' internet renewal).
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
167 posts
154 upvotes
EastVan808 wrote: They're also offering 300mps for $70/mth no contract or $60/mth and up to $250 bill credit on a 2 year contract. You may also be able to get the bill credit on the deal above if you lock in for 2 years.
Nice! Do you have a link for this or did you talk to a Shaw rep?
Feb 11, 2021
32 posts
44 upvotes
Hanniballs wrote: Nice! Do you have a link for this or did you talk to a Shaw rep?
I just called in and asked. I wasn't told about the bill credit though. Then I talked to a rep who reached out on RFD and told me about the bill credit being offered through the 2 year contract. But I just ended up going with the $70/mth no bill credit option. The alternative is an amazing deal but I'd rather not sign up to a 2 year contract. I should also say that 1 of the 2 promos that were applied to bring down the cost to $70/mth is only valid for 1 year. But it's only a $5 promo, so even if they can't renew the promo after 1 year, it would still only be $75/mth after. If for some reason they don't offer you this deal, let me know and I'll give you the name/number of the Shaw rep I spoke with.
Jun 2, 2011
500 posts
465 upvotes
biglaity wrote: That's gotta be for new customers...

They were like offering $90/month for 1 gig non contract (I was paying like $110/month for no contract before), and I had to negotiate to get $55/month+75 credits for two years contract as existing customers (for my parents' internet renewal).
Existing off contract customer. Can't view 79$ plan once logged in. So guess yeah, guess new only
Apr 19, 2020
241 posts
239 upvotes
langley
I was told to my my g.f to call and sign up since i was on file then change ever year lol been working for last 5 years
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
2768 posts
2364 upvotes
BC
Good to see Shaw still offering deals pending Rogers merger
Nov 20, 2011
108 posts
25 upvotes
SURREY
Thanks, OP. Lost some of my TV discounts from Telus in April as i'm no longer on a 2 year contract. With internet going up in July, this might be a good time to explore switching back to Shaw for a bit.
Jul 7, 2004
375 posts
227 upvotes
EastVan808 wrote: I just called in and asked. I wasn't told about the bill credit though. Then I talked to a rep who reached out on RFD and told me about the bill credit being offered through the 2 year contract. But I just ended up going with the $70/mth no bill credit option. The alternative is an amazing deal but I'd rather not sign up to a 2 year contract. I should also say that 1 of the 2 promos that were applied to bring down the cost to $70/mth is only valid for 1 year. But it's only a $5 promo, so even if they can't renew the promo after 1 year, it would still only be $75/mth after. If for some reason they don't offer you this deal, let me know and I'll give you the name/number of the Shaw rep I spoke with.
Which number did you call?
1 x Fido 4GB Data Plan $0 and 1 x Shaw Talk/Text $0 ( Huawei Nova 5T dual sim )
Aug 16, 2009
259 posts
225 upvotes
Vancouver
powderskull wrote: Existing off contract customer. Can't view 79$ plan once logged in. So guess yeah, guess new only
same for me too, once I login I can't see the 500 plan.
phone or use the chat to talk them, they should have some offers for you.
I'm currently in contract 300/15 and wanted more upload speed since 15 isn't great. they said the 500 plan isn't available for me, but a 600 plan for $85 a month was. I was going to sign up but the chat got disconnected... and now they're closed for the day.
Jul 16, 2019
144 posts
139 upvotes
They never sent me/allowed me to get the past renewal offers.
Anyway to get this if you're already a customer?
electric0ant wrote: same for me too, once I login I can't see the 500 plan.
phone or use the chat to talk them, they should have some offers for you.
I'm currently in contract 300/15 and wanted more upload speed since 15 isn't great. they said the 500 plan isn't available for me, but a 600 plan for $85 a month was. I was going to sign up but the chat got disconnected... and now they're closed for the day.
They only offered em $90 for 600
Mar 9, 2019
255 posts
540 upvotes
St. John's
Actually I have been in contact with Shaw reps from here and they have been great help. They usually watch the main Shaw thread.

I got my internet confirmed and set up from them just through RFD chat.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2015
1993 posts
1954 upvotes
you can get internet 750 with lightspeed internet for 79.99. no contract. uses shaw infrastructure.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6176 posts
1382 upvotes
Been getting the flyer for this promo for the past year. Not bad for a new sign up
Nov 20, 2006
11 posts
4 upvotes
when I click the link I didn't see any discount price ?? I am with shaw for a long time just don't have a contract. Does anyone know how to get this deal ?? Thanks