Ongoing Deal Discussion

Shaw

Shaw Switch and Save Fibre+ 500 For $79/month for 2 years

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2021 6:28 pm
Oct 10, 2018
51 posts
30 upvotes
I called customer service and was told promo was for new customers only *sigh*.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
5034 posts
4469 upvotes
karnige wrote: you can get internet 750 with lightspeed internet for 79.99. no contract. uses shaw infrastructure.
🤢 No thanks...
May 13, 2021
11 posts
9 upvotes
Freedom is reselling Shaw 150/15 right now for $50 a month no contract no modem fee with the second month free. I helped my neighbour set it up last week and she got 210 down 19 up. Great deal for the price. The billing is direct with Shaw.
Oct 27, 2013
29 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
kevinl33 wrote: Just called shaw to renew. The best they can offer is 300mb for $65/month with $25 bill credits. Should I take this?

Any shaw reps who can offer better please contact me.

Thanks!
I called Shaw: 1-888-882-9064. I was up for renewal and got a 2-year ValuePlan Internet 300 for $55/month, including modem rental. Also received $50 bill credit and 1 month free. Seemed like an okay deal and since I have my kids on the $0/month cell plans, it made it harder to switch to Telus.
Aug 23, 2005
803 posts
56 upvotes
drewh20 wrote: I called Shaw: 1-888-882-9064. I was up for renewal and got a 2-year ValuePlan Internet 300 for $55/month, including modem rental. Also received $50 bill credit and 1 month free. Seemed like an okay deal and since I have my kids on the $0/month cell plans, it made it harder to switch to Telus.
How far out was your renewal?? Mine is up in AUgust , got a call from them but only offered $55/month and $25 credit. Said i would think about it
-

-
Mar 7, 2020
336 posts
493 upvotes
drewh20 wrote: I called Shaw: 1-888-882-9064. I was up for renewal and got a 2-year ValuePlan Internet 300 for $55/month, including modem rental. Also received $50 bill credit and 1 month free. Seemed like an okay deal and since I have my kids on the $0/month cell plans, it made it harder to switch to Telus.
How the f&^k did you get offered this? I've tried several times and they say it's not a thing. I even said there's proof people are getting these deals, and they still outright refuse. I've been a customer for 10+ years, and renew August, but will cancel if I don't get my internet renewal below $60/month.

I am curious about Freedom now offering internet contracts.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2019
1182 posts
1169 upvotes
Looks like I'd better give Shaw a call. I saw this deal on a Shaw ad on a news website I just happen to be on. Unless you ask, the answer will always be no.

There's a multitude of reasons why Shaw is in "acquisition" mode. And I'm speculating a bit here... One of them is probably in anticipation of the Rogers-Shaw merger; and the other maybe in anticipation of Telus PureFibre expanding to existing neighbourhoods -- it's a turf war and we consumers generally win. I've been getting some "letters" in the mail from Telus that "PureFibre is coming" and how "it's better than the competition because it's fibre from the distribution point down to the last mile." Telus stopped rolling out fibre when COVID-19 hit and are now resuming building out their fibre network. I'm literally in the middle of town and they're now starting to retrofit existing infrastructure to shore up their network. Telus knows that Shaw is eating their lunch the longer they delay rolling out fibre. Shaw isn't waiting for Telus' fibre roll out to be completed either. Lack of fibre (no pun intended, heh Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes) was one of the big reasons why I refused Telus' offer to poach me. Just signing up on the future promise of fibre isn't good enough for me since that fibre may never come during my contract term, or significantly delayed again.

Freedom has been offering home internet service since "forever" (a long time) ever since Shaw took over. It's kind of weird in the mall where I see a Freedom Mobile store and a Shaw store in the same mall.

Thanks for the heads-up, OP!
Why settle for full retail price when you can wait and get it at a lower price for better value (even better if there's a bundled freebies deal)? 😉
Oct 27, 2013
29 posts
16 upvotes
Calgary
deeewreck wrote: How far out was your renewal?? Mine is up in AUgust , got a call from them but only offered $55/month and $25 credit. Said i would think about it
I was on the internet 300 ($52/month or something like that) and renewal was up in August. The agent offered me pricing for Gig plan and maybe internet 500? I asked about keeping the same internet 300 and pricing. I said that other people were getting good pricing on the internet 300. That's when I was offered the internet 300 for $55 and I had to ask for the credit. The agent I got was really helpful and nice.
Sep 7, 2009
169 posts
37 upvotes
Calgary
Chat with a rep today got this plan $70 internet 600 and $15 home phone (needed a line for my work) plus $100 bill credit post dated the contract to July 1st.

Is this a good plan or switch to fibre+500 for $79? What's the difference between fibre+ and regular internet?
Jan 4, 2021
409 posts
1456 upvotes
Canada
Cancom has 750/100 for $85 no contract and also uses the shaw network. Been with them for 2 years rock solid. Ya'll be crazy to pay $80 on a 2 year contract for 500.
Sep 23, 2011
203 posts
128 upvotes
If you are still with Shaw, be sure to check with Telus before you lock in. A Telus rep was going door to door in my place, GVA, to flip people over. He was promoting Fiber for $46 a month and some phone plan for $10 a month (don't remember the number of gigs since I wasn't interested).
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2012
2425 posts
1158 upvotes
Hamilton, Ontario
xbr999 wrote: Cancom has 750/100 for $85 no contract and also uses the shaw network. Been with them for 2 years rock solid. Ya'll be crazy to pay $80 on a 2 year contract for 500.
Not in Sault Ste Marie... I am always hesitant about providers that make it an extreme challenge to determine where they provide service and where they don't. Making you go through the effort of signing up just to talk to someone,later to have your order cancelled.

So far I have just found three services for the area. Bell, Shaw, and Carrytel. And I ain't about to recommend Carrytel even if it is 30% less.
Apr 23, 2007
274 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Had a chat this afternoon with a nice lady. Renewed my internet contract with Shaw for another two years. Was on internet 100+phone, $77 all in. Agent offered $88 without tax for the same service. After found out the phone service is $33, I asked her to transfer the phone number to Shaw Mobile $0 plan. Now I have internet 300 + Shaw Mobile with my home phone number at $55 plus tax. Happy about it.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4655 posts
2235 upvotes
Edmonton
superl wrote: Existing Shaw customer in Edmonton with plan expiring in July. (Internet Only). Please feel free to PM me any deals. Thanks!

Best offer I got so far is $75 a month for Internet 300 with $50 bill credit.
Was with Shaw for like 20 years, and their offer at the end of our contract was just a joke. It was only after we cancelled that they offered some of these deals others were getting. At that point, we already switched to Telus fibre. Good luck.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3462 posts
3033 upvotes
GVRD
Has anyone received PM from Shaw rep here?
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
1003 posts
560 upvotes
There’s a Shaw thread in Ongoing deals that Reps monitor. I’d suggest posting there if you guys aren’t getting any responses.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
2227 posts
1302 upvotes
Vancouver
Rawket wrote: There’s a Shaw thread in Ongoing deals that Reps monitor. I’d suggest posting there if you guys aren’t getting any responses.
Link. Searched and couldn't find anything my bad thanks. Looking for a new deal as mine expires soon.
[OP]
Nov 20, 2016
169 posts
158 upvotes
xbr999 wrote: Cancom has 750/100 for $85 no contract and also uses the shaw network. Been with them for 2 years rock solid. Ya'll be crazy to pay $80 on a 2 year contract for 500.
I didn't even know about them. I looked into some bigger resellers like TekSavvy but none of them was offering above-20 mbps upload speed for my location, which I would need for WFH. Really good to know about Cancom, looks like they are based in BC too so this will definitely be the alternative once my 2 year promo with Shaw is done.
Jun 10, 2021
13 posts
71 upvotes
I called that number and they said they couldn't find an offer like that for my account?