Shaw

Shaw Switch and Save Fibre+ 500 For $79/month for 2 years

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 6th, 2021 6:28 pm
Feb 1, 2011
36 posts
99 upvotes
Courtenay, BC
Called them and they said the best they could do was Internet300 for 65/mo or the 500 for 79/mo with 100 credit.

Shaw web chat agent got his supervisor to approve the 300 for 55/mo +$50 bill credit but then it couldn't process it on their end when we tried to move forward with the set up. So I ended up getting Internet 300 for 60/mo with $100 bill credit. Can't complain cause my area only has Shaw and Telus (the latter had max 6Mbps for my bldg LOL); Teksavvy and Freedom didn't offer anything better and they just resell Shaw.

Used the link provided in this thread to show the offer for Internet 300 for 55/mo; phone guy brushed it off saying it's an old deal and that they no longer even offer Internet 600.
Feb 27, 2003
840 posts
686 upvotes
Langley
Hanniballs wrote: I didn't even know about them. I looked into some bigger resellers like TekSavvy but none of them was offering above-20 mbps upload speed for my location, which I would need for WFH. Really good to know about Cancom, looks like they are based in BC too so this will definitely be the alternative once my 2 year promo with Shaw is done.
I tried to get Cancom into my house a year ago, but they said they couldn't because there was already a reseller (CIK) in the basement and Shaw supplying internet on the main.. I might have to use a friend's address to sign up with cancom, then cancel shaw and hook up the cancom modem.

this shouldn't be this difficult.
Xphile. (as in 'X-files aficionado'..so yeah, I guess I am old..)

Land Back.
Mar 7, 2006
108 posts
117 upvotes
U4IA wrote: Was with Shaw for like 20 years, and their offer at the end of our contract was just a joke. It was only after we cancelled that they offered some of these deals others were getting. At that point, we already switched to Telus fibre. Good luck.
Same experience for me last year except I wasn’t offered anything better after I left for Telus. If you backup to the cloud the Gigabit upload on Telus is amazing. I’m glad I was forced to switch.
Nov 28, 2019
27 posts
11 upvotes
Calgary
Fishpail wrote: Used the link provided in this thread to show the offer for Internet 300 for 55/mo; phone guy brushed it off saying it's an old deal and that they no longer even offer Internet 600.
Odd about the Internet 600 comment. Shaw rep called me yesterday (my contract was to expire this Sep) and offered me Internet 300 for $65/mth or 600 for $70/mth. I opted for the latter 'cause it seemed like the better deal, haha!

I was previously on a grandfathered Internet 300/Medium TV/Phone plan for $133.xx/mth. Never used the home phone (it was included in the old package) and I definitely don't watch $60+ worth of TV/mth, so I dropped down to pure internet only and will just stick to streaming.
Oct 12, 2006
11 posts
1 upvote
Anyone getting any deals on Fibre+ Gig?? Currently in internet 600 renewal soon..
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
1286 posts
151 upvotes
Moon
I got 1.5 Gig for 130 a month and 200 credit from my renewal.
Aug 30, 2018
26 posts
12 upvotes
Dazog wrote: I got 1.5 Gig for 130 a month and 200 credit from my renewal.
What are the shaw speeds like on 1.5gig? can you post a screenshot
Oct 15, 2006
231 posts
102 upvotes
Alberta
Can you please post a picture of internet speed test? 1 Gb or 1.5 Gb for Shaw or Telus?

What you guys are getting using a wireless device? Does anyone see 1 Gb on Iphone?
I'm more than just a picture | I'm a daughter and a sister
Sometimes it's hard for me to show | That I'm more than just a rumor
Or a song on your computer | There's more to me than people know
Deal Addict
Sep 1, 2003
1286 posts
151 upvotes
Moon
covergirl wrote: Can you please post a picture of internet speed test? 1 Gb or 1.5 Gb for Shaw or Telus?

What you guys are getting using a wireless device? Does anyone see 1 Gb on Iphone?
I have my 1.5 Gbe modem bridged to a 2.5 GBe card in my pfsense box.

I don't use Shaw's xb7 for wifi.
Last edited by Dazog on Jun 25th, 2021 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 17, 2014
914 posts
690 upvotes
Vancouver
i'm paying $50/mo. for 300
Mar 24, 2010
167 posts
28 upvotes
Vancouver
I just got this deal after my contract expired and contacted support to question why my rate had gone up. They offered me this promotion and also 1Gps for $99 on 2 year contract.
Apr 13, 2017
176 posts
192 upvotes
Winnipeg
Damians2012 wrote: Actually I have been in contact with Shaw reps from here and they have been great help. They usually watch the main Shaw thread.

I got my internet confirmed and set up from them just through RFD chat.
Must be nice, every shaw rep I've dealt with been about as helpful as a coldsore
Jan 27, 2014
318 posts
252 upvotes
Burnaby
Ask to see if there is building discount!

A shaw rep offered me fibre Internet 150 for $45/month + $200 bill credit
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2020
1073 posts
2796 upvotes
talk to the shaw rep dude that's lurking here and he'll give you some yummy bill credits.
Jul 8, 2021
2 posts
I just called July 9th, I had an expired 2 year contract for Internet 300 that was up like 8 months ago but I never renewed, been paying 115 bucks a month. I called 1-888-882-9064 like the other poster said. Talked to one person, all I said was that Telus was offering a good deal for fibre but I wanted to stay with shaw. She instantly offered 55 bucks for Internet 300 or 75 bucks for Internet 600 without any negotiating. I asked for bill credits but she said they weren't available.

Signed the 2 year Internet 300 for 55 dollars.
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
100 upvotes
Fibre+ = we feed our rings with fibre, but the actual connection to your home/business is still coax.

How they get away with this is beyond me.

Same as Bell and their Fibe BS.

And these companies wonder why customers have zero respect for their business practices.

Unless there's an ONT on your premises being fed by a strand of fibre, then your provider is misleading you.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2007
4968 posts
3127 upvotes
Highly recommend Shaw MOBILE if you're on Shaw Fibre. Fantastic value at $0 a month for unlimited call / text. Data options available at $25 a month, or you can do what I do and pay $10 (once) and get 1gb of data for 3 months (1gb total) if you're a minimalist user.
Mar 7, 2011
79 posts
100 upvotes
RiCHC3 wrote: Highly recommend Shaw MOBILE if you're on Shaw Fibre. Fantastic value at $0 a month for unlimited call / text. Data options available at $25 a month, or you can do what I do and pay $10 (once) and get 1gb of data for 3 months (1gb total) if you're a minimalist user.
Shaw doesn't have FIBRE!
Aug 3, 2020
116 posts
90 upvotes
remo999 wrote: Anyone getting any deals on Fibre+ Gig?? Currently in internet 600 renewal soon..
A bit late, but I recently renewed my valueplan and was able to get Fibre+Gig for $80/month.
Nov 22, 2016
25 posts
21 upvotes
Yeah i'm looking to upgrade from my 600 plan mainly because i've been getting disconnected randomly daily for 3 months now and hoped a new modem would help the situation. Plus 600 isn't cheap so i'd like to find a deal also.